Live in Sweden

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Chuiperdu

#31 Post by Chuiperdu »

F***.

The credit card has to be registered in Sweden ! If you have credit card registered outside of Sweden you'll have to contact the call center and there will be an additional charge of 200 Swedish crowns. The ticket being qt 400 that makes...600...nearly the price of the concert at the Tower of London.

That's ridiculous... :wall:

virtual1

#32 Post by virtual1 »

zix72 wrote:Is there anybody who want to meet up for a beer or something before the show?
Always :-D

/Mats, in Thailand at the moment :-D
Because you dance to disco, and you don't like rock...

fluffmoln

#33 Post by fluffmoln »

Chuiperdu wrote:F***.

The credit card has to be registered in Sweden ! If you have credit card registered outside of Sweden you'll have to contact the call center and there will be an additional charge of 200 Swedish crowns. The ticket being qt 400 that makes...600...nearly the price of the concert at the Tower of London.

That's ridiculous... :wall:
Welcome to Sweden.

psb-freak

#34 Post by psb-freak »

Just paid 605 SEK to ...........TICNET !!!!
I´m coming too !!!!!!!!!
Watch out. If someone wants to meet me there, pm me.
Can anyone recommend any cheap hotel near Cirkus or near train station ? Any help appreciated.
Last edited by psb-freak on Tue 11 Apr 2006, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

mulder

#35 Post by mulder »

Greetings to all fellow Petheads!

I'm emerging from lurker mode after an extremely long break just to say that I'm also up for pre-show drinks in Stockholm. :D I got a bit of a scare when I realised during the process that it wasn't possible to order tickets online from abroad, but luckily I managed to get through by phone. A ridiculous system, I agree.

I'm a long-time fan from Finland, in fact from way back since the Introspective mailing list, but unfortunately very lazy when it comes to posting. :oops: I've actually been lucky enough to have had a thorough listen to Fundamental, and at least IMHO it is PSB at their absolute best. For me especially the sequence of Sodom, I Made My Excuses and Minimal is complete bliss. I've been meaning to post a review, but somehow it feels a bit pointless... And many have already expressed quite eloquently, especially Eldritch, some of the same points I would have commented on. Although I have to say that Integral leaves me quite cold. I don't really know why, but somehow it's just too straight-forward and lacks that certain complexity I love about the boys' best work. Even as such, it's still a very catchy track. But maybe I'll try and put this to words under the proper topic.

So here's looking forward to a meet-up in Stockholm. Roll on June! :)

-mulder

zix72

#36 Post by zix72 »

virtual1 wrote:
zix72 wrote:Is there anybody who want to meet up for a beer or something before the show?
Always :-D

/Mats, in Thailand at the moment :-D
Nice. I hope that some more will show up this time. When they played at Skansen in June 2002 it was you, me and a friend that showed up.

I'm leaving for Thailand the 5th of May.

Decisional

#37 Post by Decisional »

Pertan wrote:... and me my stupid have already booked tickets + flight to Denmark that weekend (they perform 17 of June...) ahhh. But it will be nice too :D
I'm worse off, I booked and paid tickets to go to the Tower Festival gig, including flight and hotel, and THEN two days later, it is posted that they will play here in Sweden, too. But of course I'll go here as well. :D It'll probably be a wild screaming concert here (stand-up-tickets, at the very front line, of course) and then a nice sit-down concert in London.
Eric
Thunder... It's July

Decisional

#38 Post by Decisional »

Absolutely. Shall we decide where sometime soon? (Everyone interested, of course, not just the two of us ;))
Eric
Thunder... It's July

Decisional

#39 Post by Decisional »

psb-freak wrote:Just paid 605 SEK to ...........TICNET !!!!
I´m coming too !!!!!!!!!
Can anyone recommend any cheap hotel near Cirkus or near train station ? Any help appreciated.
I suggest you get a room at the Ibis Hotel Stockholm-Hägersten. It's not near Cirkus or the train station, but it's quite cheap and, more importantly, it's where I work and we're guaranteed to be PSB-friendly. ;) Won't take too much time to get from here to Cirkus, actually.. Maybe 45 minutes, tops?
Eric
Thunder... It's July

psb-freak

#40 Post by psb-freak »

Option wrote:
I´m coming too !!!!!!!!!
I suggest you get a room at the Ibis Hotel Stockholm-Hägersten. It's not near Cirkus or the train station, but it's quite cheap and, more importantly, it's where I work and we're guaranteed to be PSB-friendly. ;) Won't take too much time to get from here to Cirkus, actually.. Maybe 45 minutes, tops?
how much does single room cost ? In euros, please. And how can i get there? I don´t know Stockholm that much.
Last time I was in Stockholm I was there for about 12 hours and most of the time I only slept. So I need big advice. :D
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

Hillbilly

Re: hotell / nattvistelse

#41 Post by Hillbilly »

Option wrote:
I´m coming too !!!!!!!!!
Tack för tipset, men finns det inget vandrarhem eller hotell som ligger närmare Cirkus? Det verkar ju vara kört att ta sig hem med tåg eller buss efter konserten; varför avgår inga tåg efter kl 20?!? Bussen till Jönköping 22.50 missar jag om det är förband, vilket det med 99% säkerhet kommer att vara enligt den Ticnet-telefonist jag pratade med.
Alternativet är väl att hitta någon konsertbesökare som kan erbjuda en sovplats... :wink:

/Björn, Huskvarna

Hillbilly

Good company?

#42 Post by Hillbilly »

Option wrote:
Absolutely. Shall we decide where sometime soon? (Everyone interested, of course, not just the two of us ;))
Jag åker ensam från Huskvarna till Stockholm enbart för att se PSB på Cirkus.
Skulle inte ha något emot lite sällskap före - och varför inte efter? - konserten. (Under själva spelningen ska vi ju ändå digga tillsammans! Jag har ståplats.)
Någonstans i närheten av Cirkus, kanske?

Pertan

#43 Post by Pertan »

Hillbilly wrote:
Option wrote:
I´m coming too !!!!!!!!!
Tack för tipset, men finns det inget vandrarhem eller hotell som ligger närmare Cirkus? Det verkar ju vara kört att ta sig hem med tåg eller buss efter konserten; varför avgår inga tåg efter kl 20?!? Bussen till Jönköping 22.50 missar jag om det är förband, vilket det med 99% säkerhet kommer att vara enligt den Ticnet-telefonist jag pratade med.
Alternativet är väl att hitta någon konsertbesökare som kan erbjuda en sovplats... :wink:

/Björn, Huskvarna
Jag skulle säga tvärtom.. 99% säkert att det inte är förband...

Dmanuel

#44 Post by Dmanuel »

Har alla som letar efter sovplats i Stockholm kollat här; http://www.vandrarhemstockholm.se/ ?

Hillbilly

#45 Post by Hillbilly »

Pertan wrote:
Hillbilly wrote:
Option wrote: I suggest you get a room at the Ibis Hotel Stockholm-Hägersten. It's not near Cirkus or the train station, but it's quite cheap and, more importantly, it's where I work and we're guaranteed to be PSB-friendly. ;) Won't take too much time to get from here to Cirkus, actually.. Maybe 45 minutes, tops?

/Björn, Huskvarna
Jag skulle säga tvärtom.. 99% säkert att det inte är förband...
Jaså, varför tror du det? Jag tycker i och för sig att det borde klargöras redan nu huruvida det är förband eller inte. Det blir kanske inte klart förrän en vecka innan konserten, påstod snubben... Tydligen är det så att på konserthus är det oftast inte förband, men på en arena som Cirkus brukar det vara det. Men inte vet jag... Är det artisterna själva som bestämmer sådant?