Im With Stupid video - spoilers

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
DazzerUKUK

Im With Stupid video - spoilers

#1 Post by DazzerUKUK »

Saw the I'm with stupid vid at work today.

It has its moments........

Don't read on if you want to enjoy it from fresh on Friday......

It opens with the curtain going up on a puppet theatre on a bare theatre stage with David and Matt in a Pet Shop. (as you have seen in the photos) apparantely auditioning for two men who we only see from behind (I wonder who they might be...........)

'Must I, Neil Tennant spend the rest of my days in this Pet Shop? No! Because I have just met Chris Lowe, purveyor of electronic music......hit it Chris. We have become Pet Shop Boys!'

The puppet theatre goes off stage and reveals full size David and Matt. David mimes to the song while parodies of various of their videos (pointy hats etc) take place with Matt, David and lots of actors playing the parts. "Chris" of course doesn't do much!

It ends with:

David: 'Well what do you reakon?'
Matt: 'Im Chris Lowe'
David: 'Im the other one.....'

Closeup shot of Neil and Chris who are tied up, looking at each other and saying nothing
Cuts back to the stage with the curtain coming down

David: 'Talk to us'........... I love you.....

Fade out.

I laughed, and to be honest, the opening and the closing are quite funny. The parodies wear thin very quickly and might be a bit obscure to those who don't know much of the PSB videos. It looks like its been done on the cheap - which is probably delibrate and it will get lots of airplay because of the novelty value in places where Matt and David are well known, and it certainly get them a bit of publicity.

It might help them to their highest chart place in a long time! But then again, it might not make a bit of difference.....

Hope that helps those who can't wait till Friday!
And you say you never believed in luck

Henrik Powers

#2 Post by Henrik Powers »

sounds like a greatest hit video 2 me... (but then again the album Is call fundamental)

Vince

#3 Post by Vince »

Heh, i cant wait.. thanks..
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.

b@man

#4 Post by b@man »

Is it right that neil and chris are only seen short at the end???

It would be nce if they were shown during this puppet performance once in a while.

Joemoz

#5 Post by Joemoz »

I think it sounds really good. Certainly a lot more interesting than any of the videos for the last three albums.
It was a cough that carried him off. It was a coffin they carried him off in.

Dreamcatcher2003

#6 Post by Dreamcatcher2003 »

Joemoz wrote:I think it sounds really good. Certainly a lot more interesting than any of the videos for the last three albums.
Definitely better than mice...
The CELL by Stephen King instantly hit number 1 in New York Times Bookseller Lists selling well over 200 thousand copies in three weeks. This affirms my opinion: People really need an occassional good horror read...

wow

#7 Post by wow »

I just hope that Sweden shows the video

GalataPSB

#8 Post by GalataPSB »

Dreamcatcher2003 wrote:
Iyi ki serce kullanmadilar! En azindan Fare serceden daha karizmatik!! :lol:

b@man

#9 Post by b@man »

I`m dissappointed that they are only shown at the end. It would much better if they show them tied up a few times during the peformance of david and matt. Then the viewer would understand this crazy performance. It`s a shame that it is revealed only at the very end of the video. And yet again another video without much PSB.

Jareth

#10 Post by Jareth »

b@man wrote:I`m dissappointed that they are only shown at the end. It would much better if they show them tied up a few times during the peformance of david and matt. Then the viewer would understand this crazy performance. It`s a shame that it is revealed only at the very end of the video. And yet again another video without much PSB.
Ditto.

Dreamcatcher2003

#11 Post by Dreamcatcher2003 »

GalataPSB wrote:
Dreamcatcher2003 wrote:
Iyi ki serce kullanmadilar! En azindan Fare serceden daha karizmatik!! :lol:
Aslında kendilerini göstermemeleri de iyi olmuş:)) Pek fareden kalır yanları kalmamış resimlere baktım da :roll:
The CELL by Stephen King instantly hit number 1 in New York Times Bookseller Lists selling well over 200 thousand copies in three weeks. This affirms my opinion: People really need an occassional good horror read...

Chrispsb

#12 Post by Chrispsb »

Jareth wrote:
b@man wrote:I`m dissappointed that they are only shown at the end. It would much better if they show them tied up a few times during the peformance of david and matt. Then the viewer would understand this crazy performance. It`s a shame that it is revealed only at the very end of the video. And yet again another video without much PSB.
Ditto.
I agree. Can't stand the fact that they became tired of appearing in their own clips...Just remember the fabulous Nightlife clips...

Sjòn

#13 Post by Sjòn »

Joemoz wrote:I think it sounds really good. Certainly a lot more interesting than any of the videos for the last three albums.

But Flamboyant video was fantastic, lots of details to discover. And Miracles was quite beautiful, too.

canveyboy

#14 Post by canveyboy »

Chrispsb wrote:
Jareth wrote:
Ditto.
I agree. Can't stand the fact that they became tired of appearing in their own clips...Just remember the fabulous Nightlife clips...
Bring back the 'costume drama' videos!!!....those were the best....its a sin, heart, rent, what have i done to deserve this?....loved the vids with stories, like short films....'heart' is my fave psb video!!...loved all of them!!!.....ah.....great days!!

maybe we should have a 'fave video' poll?? :)
Last edited by canveyboy on Tue 11 Apr 2006, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamcatcher2003

#15 Post by Dreamcatcher2003 »

Chrispsb wrote:
Jareth wrote:
Ditto.
Prefer not to see them if they will wear that make-up which makes a self-parody---That's why I appreciate the clip of London...