Tonight's BBC concert....

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
DazzerUKUK

#31 Post by DazzerUKUK » Tue 09 May 2006, 9:11 pm

>After patiently waiting outside with the other website winners (Thanks again Bill for the >chance at the end of last week to get a pair of tickets Very Happy ) I was pleasantly >surprised to get in before the invited guests line.

Thats the BBC charter for you! Imagine the scandal if the BBC winners didn't get in !
And you say you never believed in luck

jmh

#32 Post by jmh » Tue 09 May 2006, 9:18 pm

what are the chances that r2 will broadcast the whole gig?
" ...but what i do like, i love passionately.."

stussyboy

#33 Post by stussyboy » Tue 09 May 2006, 9:41 pm

DazzerUKUK wrote:>Luna Park sounded amazing! And why doesn't Sodom and Gomorrah sound that big on the album?

Good question. Maybe they couldn't afford all those musicians on an album.....you know what the unions are like!

The more I think about Robbie and what he did, the more I think what a tw*t! He didn't learn the words....almost cocked up, and halfway through the penny dropped when he realised the magnitude of the event and the quality of the orchestra and he finally got on with it....
I think that's a bit unfair on Robbie. He did ok. PSB songs are usually suited to an understated vocal, and Robbie is the master of an OTT vocal. The highlight of Jealousy is the orchestral climax, and you simply build up to that with the vocal. Admittedly, during the instrumental passages it's hard for Robbie to stand still and let the music talk.

And about the words, I'm sure Robbie knows them when he's singing along, it's a different matter when you've got 500 people 3 metres in front of you, and a 50-piece band behind you, singing someone else's words.

And remember, Neil almost came in 8 bars too early on Left to my own devices!
NewYork London Tokyo LosAngeles

yves

#34 Post by yves » Tue 09 May 2006, 10:10 pm

Sjòn wrote:I've been reading theese reviews. Damn, how jealous I am!
Me too. I think I will move to the UK !!!
This must be the place I waited years to leave

BimboDuncan

#35 Post by BimboDuncan » Tue 09 May 2006, 10:22 pm

Goodness - I'd quite forgottem about Neil's almost-blip at the beginning. I have to say he looked absolutely terrified in the lead up to the vocal starting!
We’re different from the others.
No one understands us here.
Imagine how free we will be,
If we disappear?

Monty--

#36 Post by Monty-- » Tue 09 May 2006, 10:33 pm

stussyboy wrote:
DazzerUKUK wrote:>Luna Park sounded amazing! And why doesn't Sodom and Gomorrah sound that big on the album?

Good question. Maybe they couldn't afford all those musicians on an album.....you know what the unions are like!

The more I think about Robbie and what he did, the more I think what a tw*t! He didn't learn the words....almost cocked up, and halfway through the penny dropped when he realised the magnitude of the event and the quality of the orchestra and he finally got on with it....
I think that's a bit unfair on Robbie. He did ok. PSB songs are usually suited to an understated vocal, and Robbie is the master of an OTT vocal. The highlight of Jealousy is the orchestral climax, and you simply build up to that with the vocal. Admittedly, during the instrumental passages it's hard for Robbie to stand still and let the music talk.

And about the words, I'm sure Robbie knows them when he's singing along, it's a different matter when you've got 500 people 3 metres in front of you, and a 50-piece band behind you, singing someone else's words.

And remember, Neil almost came in 8 bars too early on Left to my own devices!
Bollocks,Stussyboy. No offence mate, but you're practically saying he isn't an artiste. And he isn't. He's just a jumped up beaut who sings kareoke. What on earth anyone see's in this bloke is beyond me. Born from the media, lives for the media. And he cannot sing. Just take one listen to his rendition of 'We Are The Champions'. He massacred the song. He massacred 'Freedom 90' and you can hear the strain in his voice when he tries falsetto. Stop reading the tabloids and open your eyes to what a gimp he really is, Stussy.

This is a post that is in NO WAY having a go at you Stussy. I just think he cannot sing, he cannot write music and he cannot dance. He's actually very good at being a gimp.

jmh

#37 Post by jmh » Wed 10 May 2006, 12:17 am

just listened to 'drunk' on chris evans and he annnounced that r2 will broadcast the entire 90min show! hurrah! :P :P
" ...but what i do like, i love passionately.."

BrilliantPSB

#38 Post by BrilliantPSB » Wed 10 May 2006, 1:40 am

I kill for a HIFI video copy of this show.
Neil Tennant has a great voice, Chris Lowe has great silence.

diana

#39 Post by diana » Wed 10 May 2006, 7:52 am

jmh wrote:just listened to 'drunk' on chris evans and he annnounced that r2 will broadcast the entire 90min show! hurrah! :P :P
When exactly?

Dreaming of the Queen
visiting for tea
You and her and I
and Lady Di

leesmapman

#40 Post by leesmapman » Wed 10 May 2006, 9:12 am

May 27

diana

#41 Post by diana » Wed 10 May 2006, 9:23 am

leesmapman wrote:May 27
Time?

Dreaming of the Queen
visiting for tea
You and her and I
and Lady Di

DazzerUKUK

#42 Post by DazzerUKUK » Wed 10 May 2006, 9:28 am

diana wrote:
jmh wrote:just listened to 'drunk' on chris evans and he annnounced that r2 will broadcast the entire 90min show! hurrah! :P :P

The show will be 60 mins of music and 30 mins of interviews. The word is they are only going to have to cut one number to fit it all in.

As for Robbie - no excuses for that performance Im afraid - Im sure it will sound great on the radio and you won't have to watch that pathetic mugging around! :twisted:
And you say you never believed in luck

Agent_Pinkski

#43 Post by Agent_Pinkski » Wed 10 May 2006, 1:24 pm

If you can face it...here's another review (although most has been said already): www.thepetsfiles.com

Pani

#44 Post by Pani » Wed 10 May 2006, 1:31 pm

Agent_Pinkski wrote: ... (although most has been said already): www.thepetsfiles.com
That was a good read anyway, thanx! :D

diana

#45 Post by diana » Wed 10 May 2006, 4:43 pm

Dreaming of the Queen? :o Have they ever done that live before???
Last edited by diana on Fri 12 May 2006, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreaming of the Queen
visiting for tea
You and her and I
and Lady Di