Pet Shop Boys Community
 FAQ •  Search • Members •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Wed 03 Sep 2014, 5:33 am

Forum Rules  |   Forum Contacts  |   Problems registering?  |   Mobile Forum Access  |   Official Website  |   PSB Radio (psbradio.tk)

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168 ... 211  Next
 Post subject: Re: Neil & Chris Texts
PostPosted: Sun 24 Jun 2012, 4:08 pm 

glennjridge wrote:
sliding into nickname territory I"m afraid a song with a title like "winner" has no choice but to slip into the usual insipid cliche's of the history of tunes that have a like sounding title where all of the lyrics relate to competition and rising above.

I'm not sure I agree. I have my own theory about "Winner" -- assuming it's even the correct title, of course -- that it may have something to do with celebrity meltdowns. If you recall the case last year of Charlie Sheen, who repeatedly referred to himself as "winning" during his notoriously bizarre public pronouncements of his own apparent meltdown phase, you'll see what I mean. I think that would be a lot more traditionally "PSB-ish" than something having to do with athletes, the Olympics, and the like.

But this is all wild speculation. Fun speculation, for sure, but speculation nonetheless. We're not even sure about the single's title yet.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun 24 Jun 2012, 4:56 pm 

Sandy Shaw wrote:
BrilliantPSB wrote:

No, it doesn't mean that.
It just means WINNER was not published as a PSB single on any major site like the British Music Industry magazine and there's no need to deny it.

Music Week is exactly where the info on Winner WAS published (then leaked)!

show me

PostPosted: Sun 24 Jun 2012, 5:31 pm 

BrilliantPSB wrote:
Sandy Shaw wrote:
BrilliantPSB wrote:

No, it doesn't mean that.
It just means WINNER was not published as a PSB single on any major site like the British Music Industry magazine and there's no need to deny it.

Music Week is exactly where the info on Winner WAS published (then leaked)!

show me

http://www.thisisnotretro.com/pet-shop- ... -in-august

If you register on the Music Week site, which has a free trial, you will be able to see the source of the info.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Jun 2012, 6:35 pm 

sorry but that's not Music Week magazine and WINNER was not officially published as the leading single either.
It was another error as the "Down in the Woods" one, which is actually other artist's single name.
Time will prove me (or not) right.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:10 pm 

Don't worry, i'm sure another one of the forums 'in the don't knows' will post another load of crap in the next few days.

It makes me laugh the amount of shit you see posted and a source never linked. Then the actual news turns out to be a load of crap anyway. It's worse than those that put up news they have read on facebook or twitter and try making out they are the oracle.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:31 pm 

you really make me laugh, Sandy, Neil checking out "bohemians."..
so no competition in woods :roll:
..it looks like there was one in Ascot- Lara Stone s face close to Neil -that you should send to mermaid topic/and Neil did not call me to join :cry: :cry:

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun 24 Jun 2012, 11:35 pm 

BrilliantPSB wrote:
sorry but that's not Music Week magazine and WINNER was not officially published as the leading single either.
It was another error as the "Down in the Woods" one, which is actually other artist's single name.
Time will prove me (or not) right.

Music Week publish their info in a magazine AND online...

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul 2012, 12:26 pm 

05 July 2012

Record of the week

We have been informed that "Winner" will be Record Of The Week on BBC Radio 2 next week! More information can be found at the link below.

Radio 2

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul 2012, 1:17 pm 

Status Quo are on the A-list with their Winner.

I'm pretty confident that PSB will be heavily playlisted on Radio 2 come late July/August. :wink: They are media darlings after all, just like the Quo.

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul 2012, 2:43 pm 

Now that's just painful.

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:34 pm 

Never thought I would see a link to those masters of three chord pub rock on these pages...But having listened/endured that appalling assault on my ear drums ( I saw it through to the bitter end), I now see OUR "Winner" as an absolute masterpiece in comparison...

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul 2012, 6:36 pm 

y3potential wrote:
Never thought I would see a link to those masters of three chord pub rock on these pages...But having listened/endured that appalling assault on my ear drums ( I saw it through to the bitter end), I now see OUR "Winner" as an absolute masterpiece in comparison...

There is my point. 8)

By the way, I bailed out very early.

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul 2012, 6:48 pm 

Radiophonic wrote:
y3potential wrote:

There is my point. 8)

By the way, I bailed out very early.

I thought I would take a hit for the team... :dance:

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul 2012, 10:26 pm 

geowayne wrote:
glennjridge wrote:
sliding into nickname territory I"m afraid a song with a title like "winner" has no choice but to slip into the usual insipid cliche's of the history of tunes that have a like sounding title where all of the lyrics relate to competition and rising above.

I'm not sure I agree. I have my own theory about "Winner" -- assuming it's even the correct title, of course -- that it may have something to do with celebrity meltdowns. If you recall the case last year of Charlie Sheen, who repeatedly referred to himself as "winning" during his notoriously bizarre public pronouncements of his own apparent meltdown phase, you'll see what I mean. I think that would be a lot more traditionally "PSB-ish" than something having to do with athletes, the Olympics, and the like.

But this is all wild speculation. Fun speculation, for sure, but speculation nonetheless. We're not even sure about the single's title yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pipTwjwrQYQ

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul 2012, 10:27 pm 

geowayne wrote:
glennjridge wrote:

Wayne, come and join in the theorising! Still reckon there's a celebrity thing going on in Winner? Autobiographical? Olympic? Shameless? A bit of all four?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168 ... 211  Next