***New album & Ballet Details***

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
canveyboy

***New album & Ballet Details***

#1 Post by canveyboy »

From the OS:-

24th February 2008

Chris and Neil have been writing new songs for much of this year and will continue until they feel they have enough songs for a new album. The writing sessions have proved very fertile with, so far, seven new songs being completed. Some of the songs they wrote early last year are also likely to feature on the album. Meetings with potential producers are already being lined up for March. The release date for the new album will probably be early 2009.

Pet Shop Boys have also been sketching musical ideas for their ballet which is still under discussion with Sadlers Wells theatre in London.

psb-freak

#2 Post by psb-freak »

Fab news. :D Can´t wait for the album.
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

Ronald42

#3 Post by Ronald42 »

Let's just hope we see something new this year aswell.
THE FUTURE THAT YOU ANTICIPATED HAS BEEN CANCELLED

Fugitive1979

#4 Post by Fugitive1979 »

Excellent news! :D
:| :o

Drem

#5 Post by Drem »

Great series of news, actually. Something new and wonderful every day.
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)

sneakythesnake

#6 Post by sneakythesnake »

This is excellent news!! :dance:

geowayne

#7 Post by geowayne »

Ronald42 wrote:Let's just hope we see something new this year aswell.
If the album is done in time for a very early 2009 release, then there's a chance that it's first single will be released in advance of it, late in 2008.

In the absence of new music, however, I'd take the Alternative 2 possibility that Neil and Chris mention in the latest Literally. Like most of us here, I have all of the songs already, but it would be nice to have them in one "official" package with notes, photos, etc.

wieske

#8 Post by wieske »

This news is just FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't give me all your northern pain
Don't sell me New York in the rain
Let's leave our promises behind
Rewind and try again

AlfonsoPSB

#9 Post by AlfonsoPSB »

Excellent news! :D
You're being watched.

Ellie

#10 Post by Ellie »

Brilliant news! So exciting! :D

Twoism

#11 Post by Twoism »

Well the PSB got me to my first musical with Closer to Heaven, and it looks like they'll get me to my first Ballet. Even though that really isn't my thing.

Flaffer

#12 Post by Flaffer »

without wishing to temper anyones excitement Behaviour,Very, Bilingual, Nightlife were all planned for release in early/Spring of the years they were released. I think Fundamental was spoken of as coming out in late 2005. Still who knows
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

BlueSwan

#13 Post by BlueSwan »

geowayne wrote:
Ronald42 wrote:Let's just hope we see something new this year aswell.
If the album is done in time for a very early 2009 release, then there's a chance that it's first single will be released in advance of it, late in 2008.

In the absence of new music, however, I'd take the Alternative 2 possibility that Neil and Chris mention in the latest Literally. Like most of us here, I have all of the songs already, but it would be nice to have them in one "official" package with notes, photos, etc.
'
Not likely, Wayne. Releasing a single leading up to the Christmas rush is commercial suicide for an act like PSB. A repeat of the release pattern of the last two albums is more likely - IF we get the album in the first half of 2009, which I still think is a BIG if. If this ballet thing materializes, then that's going to steal a lot of time away from the album.
http://www.soundcloud.com/blueswan (Blue Swan tracks, my solo tracks and remixes)

http://soundcloud.com/groups/inspired-by-pet-shop-boys (A collection of various artists PSB covers, PSB remixes and original songs inspired by PSB - anyone interested can contribute tracks)

BlueSwan

#14 Post by BlueSwan »

I really hope they're meeting with some cool producers. I think at this point in their career, it's appropriate to try something really fresh. Like making an all-out club album with some seriously happening underground producers. Sometimes the combination of pop writing genius and underground production can yield exceptional results.
http://www.soundcloud.com/blueswan (Blue Swan tracks, my solo tracks and remixes)

http://soundcloud.com/groups/inspired-by-pet-shop-boys (A collection of various artists PSB covers, PSB remixes and original songs inspired by PSB - anyone interested can contribute tracks)

!

#15 Post by ! »

:D

Very exciting news. If they do release something this year I hope it's the Nightlife + Release FLs.