The horn section in Madonna's "4 minutes"..

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Oznerol

Re: The horn section in Madonna's "4 minutes"..

#16 Post by Oznerol »

boyposh wrote:The horn section in Madonna's "4 minutes"..sounds a tad familiar...like it is sampled from a PSB song....anyone think so? Infact, the whole structure of the song sounds like a PSB song in some odd way...
mmm...I dont´think so...maybe you´re confused: The Horn who produced the last PSB studio album is a different one...

:P :P :P
This is not my signature.

!

#17 Post by ! »

Didn't like this at first but I do now. The two best things about it are the horns and, though I'm not a fan, Justin. He totally owns the track! :shock:

Janet Street-Porter

#18 Post by Janet Street-Porter »

! wrote:Didn't like this at first but I do now. The two best things about it are the horns and, though I'm not a fan, Justin. He totally owns the track! :shock:
Oh please. He's only on it at all because Timbaland let him out of his gimp cage.

!

#19 Post by ! »

Janet Street-Porter wrote:Oh please. He's only on it at all because Timbaland let him out of his gimp cage.
Maybe but that doesn't change the fact he sounds a lot better than Madonna does on it.

*edit*
Actually doesn't change "the fact" is wrong; doesn't change "my opinion" is better. Thought I'd clear that up before somebody else does...

Riikka

#20 Post by Riikka »

The first time I heard this song, I was "oh no!!". But now as I've listened to it more and watched the video, I find it brilliant. Damn, there's something so good about it. I like the idea and lyrics, and the song "growing" all the time. Besides, Justin's voice is nice. 8)

boyposh

#21 Post by boyposh »

The horns section in the chorus reminded me of the horns in the boy who couldn't keep his clothes on...

Loins Of London

#22 Post by Loins Of London »

! wrote:
Janet Street-Porter wrote:Oh please. He's only on it at all because Timbaland let him out of his gimp cage.
Maybe but that doesn't change the fact he sounds a lot better than Madonna does on it.

*edit*
Actually doesn't change "the fact" is wrong; doesn't change "my opinion" is better. Thought I'd clear that up before somebody else does...
Is Heartbeat her tribute to the PSB's meekness in not sending her Heart?
:P

Although it sounds more like a mix of Lucky Star and Into The Groove. I'm hoping it's the third single.

Radiophonic

#23 Post by Radiophonic »

Give It 2 Me will be the second single (promo video already prepared) and third will be Miles Away. I think...
"Enjoy it while it lasts ... "

Loins Of London

#24 Post by Loins Of London »

Miles Away is rather dull. In fact it sends me miles away...to sleep!

I'd say Heartbeat would do very well as a single.

Loins Of London

#25 Post by Loins Of London »

Radiophonic wrote: third will be Miles Away.
Is it me or is the timing of the divorce announcement the same time as promos for the third single, a song about a couple grown apart, reek of seafood?

Anyone for calimari?

PS As the old dear is on tour till Crimbo I'm still hoping Heartbeat may be the fourth and final offering from this underwhelming confectionary project. Anyone like Refreshers?
"Tomorrow, when you're up, when you're down, baby, Bounce..."

markus

#26 Post by markus »

Loins Of London wrote:
Radiophonic wrote: third will be Miles Away.
Is it me or is the timing of the divorce announcement the same time as promos for the third single, a song about a couple grown apart, reek of seafood?

Anyone for calimari?

PS As the old dear is on tour till Crimbo I'm still hoping Heartbeat may be the fourth and final offering from this underwhelming confectionary project. Anyone like Refreshers?
Well if it's all PR stunt then imagine what would "happen" if she released Heart(attack)beat?

Fugitive1979

#27 Post by Fugitive1979 »

Loins Of London wrote:Anyone like Refreshers?
Mmmmmm, Refreshers. :drool:
:| :o