New album info - song-writing collaboration with Xenomania

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
!

#16 Post by ! »

andmaste wrote:Aren't Xenomania a little bit dated nowadays? Or am I wrong?
Did they produce recently some good hit?

Well, I don't know what you'd class a hit but Girls Aloud always do well in the charts. Sweet About Me by Gabriella Cilmi is something I hear quite a bit of as well, it's used in some adverts.

How do you pronounce Xenomania? I always say it like it beigns with a Z, so "Zenomania". That right?

sneakythesnake

#17 Post by sneakythesnake »

! wrote:Yay! :D

They are quite good, no? My favourite track they've done is If You Go by Sophie Ellis-Bextor 8)

I still hope they work with Richard X as well!
Love that song! :D
This is fantastic news!!! :dance: :dance:

Danger

#18 Post by Danger »

andmaste wrote:Aren't Xenomania a little bit dated nowadays? Or am I wrong?
Did they produce recently some good hit?
I don' think so. They took 17 conseguitve singles by Girls Aloud in Top10 then last year produced a good pop songs albums like Change by Sugababes (#1 on UK chart and platinum album) and some songs of the last Sophie Ells-Bextor album (#7 on chart). Does it mean to be old-fashioned producers? :wink:

Nickname

Re: New album info

#19 Post by Nickname »

AlfonsoPSB wrote:From the OS:

New music
Work on the next album is progressing

Pet Shop Boys have been working on tracks for their new album with Xenomania, the legendary production/writing team who have produced and collaborated with artists as diverse as Girls Aloud, Sugababes, Saint Etienne, New Order and Franz Ferdinand.
The new PSB album is planned to be released early next year.
It sounds very interesting. Comercial pop songs?, maybe. I would like to point out Xenomania are also songwriters, so there is a possibility of songwritting all together (Tennant/Lowe/Xenomania) in one or two songs.

And... take a look at this:
------
Xenomania were scheduled to work with Britney Spears, but the song they submitted, "Graffiti My Soul" was decided as not appropriate for her 2003 album In The Zone.
------

:shock: :D

Hillbilly

#20 Post by Hillbilly »

nickname wrote:It sounds very interesting. Comercial pop songs?, maybe. I would like to point out Xenomania are also songwriters, so there is a possibility of songwritting all together (Tennant/Lowe/Xenomania) in one or two songs.
A possibility yes, and there might be more than two, but I would prefer if all of the songs are credited to just Tennant-Lowe. They don't need outsiders to write their songs! Too many cooks...

Pani

#21 Post by Pani »

I didn't know anything about 'Xenomania' but sounds promising anyway.
:D

Nickname

#22 Post by Nickname »

Hillbilly wrote:
nickname wrote:It sounds very interesting. Comercial pop songs?, maybe. I would like to point out Xenomania are also songwriters, so there is a possibility of songwritting all together (Tennant/Lowe/Xenomania) in one or two songs.
A possibility yes, and there might be more than two, but I would prefer if all of the songs are credited to just Tennant-Lowe. They don't need outsiders to write their songs! Too many cooks...
I am not agree with you. For example, What Have I Done To Deserve This? would never had been as good as it is without the Allee Willis lyrics "Since you went away...". Neil Tennant thought it was the best part of the song.

http://www.alleewillis.com/music/whidtd ... tm#Scene_1

Lleonard Pler

#23 Post by Lleonard Pler »

I like Xenomania productions, but I think this collaboration is a step back in PSB career.

Pertan

#24 Post by Pertan »

Lleonard Pler wrote:I like Xenomania productions, but I think this collaboration is a step back in PSB career.
I thought the same when Harold Faltermeyer was to produce behaviour.
Greatest album IMO

Radiophonic

#25 Post by Radiophonic »

nickname wrote:
Hillbilly wrote:
I am not agree with you. For example, What Have I Done To Deserve This? would never had been as good as it is without the Allee Willis lyrics "Since you went away...". Neil Tennant thought it was the best part of the song.

Never understood why the team of Tennant/Lowe/Willis didn't write more songs together.

Vince

#26 Post by Vince »

Radiophonic wrote:
Never understood why the team of Tennant/Lowe/Willis didn't write more songs together.

I'm sure she must be wondering... "What have i done to deserve this.."

;)
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.
S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.

My Poems:
http://wordsunchained.blogspot.com/

CBA

#27 Post by CBA »

nickname wrote:
Hillbilly wrote:

Yeah, but you can take What have I done to deserve this?? out of the Pet Shop Boys body of work and it would not be missed one iota.

drunk14

#28 Post by drunk14 »

Sugababes, Girls Aloud, Bananarama, Dani Minogue, Cher...OMG, they are so weak and hopeless...why are you so happy :/? I counted on Trevorn Horn again...
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

billiejo

#29 Post by billiejo »

In reply to ! - yes go for the Z sound and you will no go far wrong.

As far as everything else goes, I am sure we can trust the judgment of Neil and Chris - another Trevor Horn would be tempting but they always move on to something different - that's what they do and why they are still here - the new album will be their work primarily - it will be good - they are wise, very experienced and perfectionists - I am looking forward to it :D

kennym

#30 Post by kennym »

Trying to desparately think of a quality track they've ever produced?