Drunk alternate video?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Greendrake

Re: Drunk alternate video?

#16 Post by Greendrake »

I've been scouring through my archive and realised that there is still lack of clarity on this topic, specifically which version is available from which source.
Oznerol wrote:
Thu 14 Jan 2010, 2:16 pm
I don't know what you want but I can't give it anymore (nightime version) -the 'daytime' is on PopArt
(only available on the Asian CD + VCD release of 'Nightlife')
Just two shots of this needle clicking the skin in and out are the difference with the 'daytime version' on PopArt.
Either different versions of PopArt have different versions of that video, or you are just incorrect. I can confirm that on my PopArt DVD the video features the needle going into the skin at 0:39 and out at 0:48. Same on Montage DVD. On the daytime version (which I have a promo VHS rip of) the first occurrence of the needle is simply cut out, the second is replaced with an air bubble going up in a tube of blood.

Can you please check if you indeed have daytime version on your PopArt?

Oznerol

#17 Post by Oznerol »

It seems that I made a mistake on my original post, because the version included on PopArt is indeed the "needle" version as you said... and that must be the "nightime" version. The different "daytime" was the version included on the Aasian CD+DVD and, as you said (I didn´t knew that!) in some promo VHS...
This is not my signature.

Sage

#18 Post by Sage »

you can see a woman's vagina in the music video.
I don't know about a whole different music video, but the one on the DVD must be the unrated version.

Greendrake

#19 Post by Greendrake »

Sage wrote:
Tue 14 Apr 2020, 10:20 am
Oh, thanks heavens that wasn't a man's one.

Future Lover

#20 Post by Future Lover »

Greendrake wrote:
Tue 14 Apr 2020, 10:31 am
Transphobic much? Nothing unusual here, I guess.

greenmile

#21 Post by greenmile »

Future Lover wrote:
Tue 14 Apr 2020, 11:44 am
Greendrake wrote:
Really don't want to get into an argument here, but you didn't just see that comment as quite a clever joke? It automatically had to be a transphobic slur?

Future Lover

#22 Post by Future Lover »

Wasn't particularly clever, and this user is known for his state-approved homophobia, so yeah. Wouldn't assume anything else.

Flaffer

#23 Post by Flaffer »

And therein lies the problem, the desperate need to seek offence where none was necessarily meant. I take it you no longer listen to “We Came From Outer Space”
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

greenmile

#24 Post by greenmile »

Flaffer wrote:
Tue 14 Apr 2020, 5:23 pm
And therein lies the problem, the desperate need to seek offence where none was necessarily meant. I take it you no longer listen to “We Came From Outer Space”
Yeah, this is what I was trying to say, but you put it a whole lot better.

Future Lover

#25 Post by Future Lover »

We Came from Outer Space was almost 30 years ago. No excuse being a moron in 2020.

P.S. I think you meant One Thing Leads to Another?

james23_uk

#26 Post by james23_uk »

Sage wrote:
Tue 14 Apr 2020, 10:20 am
I don't know about a whole different music video, but the one on the DVD must be the unrated version.
I've never seen a vagina in this video. Where?
at rock bottom :wall:

Gabby

#27 Post by Gabby »

greenmile wrote:
Tue 14 Apr 2020, 4:34 pm
Future Lover wrote:
Tue 14 Apr 2020, 11:44 am
Greendrake wrote:
Really don't want to get into an argument here, but you didn't just see that comment as quite a clever joke? It automatically had to be a transphobic slur?
I got the joke, made a smile, and not once thought it was remotely offensive or transphobic.

I dont agree with the nastiness on here either but I dont expect to have to walk on eggshells every time I comment either.

If something as simple as that is offensive to anyone, they should reevaluate themselves, irrespective of whether the original person posting has been historically offensive.

I'm happy do defend anyone who is unjustly deserving of criticism even if I myself have been a victim of their criticism before.

That's what being a loving, caring and open minded individual is all about.

Future Lover

#28 Post by Future Lover »

I will not be lectured by a bunch of hypocrites. You don't get to tell me my offense is wrong, since I'm sick of casual homophobia proliferating in a virtual space of a band closely affiliated with the LGBT community. It's downright shameful, and nothing open-minded about it. Someone should be more trigger-happy with the block button. But I guess it's easier deleting me than a brigade of middle-aged white men who spread such bile.

Gabby

#29 Post by Gabby »

Future Lover wrote:
Wed 15 Apr 2020, 5:30 pm
I will not be lectured by a bunch of hypocrites. You don't get to tell me my offense is wrong, since I'm sick of casual homophobia proliferating in a virtual space of a band closely affiliated with the LGBT community. It's downright shameful, and nothing open-minded about it. Someone should be more trigger-happy with the block button. But I guess it's easier deleting me than a brigade of middle-aged white men who spread such bile.
Wow...just wow.

retrofuturist

#30 Post by retrofuturist »

Ah... the grievance mongering is at full force, I see...

Perhaps next we will learn from our hysterical friend that the director of the Drunk video was also transphobic, racist and ableist for failing to include a Namibian transgender amputee in the film clip. :roll:

Maybe that was erasure. :dance:

Retro. :)