Leaving.

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Danimal

Re: Leaving.

#31 Post by Danimal »

I tend to think they still make money on physical CD singles ( but probably not a whole lot). This is just speculation, but while they no longer chart high, they're not sold in too many territories so I tend to think they shift decent numbers to the on export.

Undertaker

#32 Post by Undertaker »

Leaving climbs 159 places in the airplay chart and is at #63

Undertaker

#33 Post by Undertaker »

B-List on Radio 2.

Nickname

#34 Post by Nickname »

Gary Barlow ‏@GBarlowOfficial

Love the new Pet Shop Boys song 'Leaving' #classicpsb

Radiophonic

#35 Post by Radiophonic »

Tom Angel

#36 Post by Tom Angel »

Oooh, that's good to see! It'll chart being downloaded from the album before the single is even released! Er, then I woke up.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

ZiggyPSB

#37 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Tom Angel wrote:Oooh, that's good to see! It'll chart being downloaded from the album before the single is even released! Er, then I woke up.
Well that's very pleasant. Talk down any potential success why don't you?
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Tom Angel

#38 Post by Tom Angel »

Ziggy Shadow-Dust wrote:
Tom Angel wrote:Oooh, that's good to see! It'll chart being downloaded from the album before the single is even released! Er, then I woke up.
Well that's very pleasant. Talk down any potential success why don't you?
What d'you mean?

Much that I hate all that x-factor stuff its good to see them chatting about PSB, its just that I've lost confidence in that translating into what would be great to see IE another high charting single

Radiophonic

#39 Post by Radiophonic »

It's just Chris and Neil's friend Gary saying he loved their new single, nothing more. Just a bit of positivity to lighten a wet and cold September afternoon (in England at least). Cheered me up anyway.
"Enjoy it while it lasts ... "

Tom Angel

#40 Post by Tom Angel »

Nice cassette! Takes me back.
And if Gary has (how many followers?) and they buy it. VERY good news.

BlackPanther

#41 Post by BlackPanther »

TheGardner wrote:Have the strange feeling, it will be PSB's last "physical" single release
No offense, but you also mention on psb-discography.com that there won't be a physical promo because "EMI/Parlophone stopped pressing promo CD's now". So what's this then?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PET-SHOP-BOYS ... 3ccae0df82

Let's stick to facts and offcial information, and not present rumours or assumptions as facts.
retrofuturist wrote:Actually, some were... but they were simple re-pressings.
For example, there were some copies of Left To My Own Devices, Domino Dancing and other singles printed in 1993
All CD-singles from It's a sin up until Was it worth it? were repressed in 1993. Some are very hard to tell apart from the original pressings, however there are some clues. The original CD-singles up until and including Domino dancing (maybe also Left to my own devices) came with an inner cloth sleeve, the reissues came without. Also, the re-issued Jealousy CD was corrected, the original issue had different tracks on the disc to what was mentioned on the sleeve.

Gary1962

#42 Post by Gary1962 »

Hopefully Gary Barlow's efforts will help them get some deserved success with the new single.
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide, you shouldn't even be here!

Inthedesert

#43 Post by Inthedesert »

Undertaker wrote:B-List on Radio 2.
So Leaving spent the grand total of 1 week on the A List (or did i imagine that?) If so, what was the f*** point?
It's only their most radio friendly single er ever!

Dog

#44 Post by Dog »

Could this be a way of warming up the X Factor audience to a PSB performance?
Woof.

GalataPSB

#45 Post by GalataPSB »

From Official site :

"Leaving", the second single from the new "Elysium" album, will be released in the UK on October 15th in several formats: two CD singles, 12" vinyl, and three digital bundles. The formats will include two new songs ("Hell" and "In his imagination"), the 2003 demo of "Baby" (part of which was included in "The Most Incredible Thing" ballet), the original 2010 demo of "Leaving", and remixes by Pet Shop Boys, Dusty Kid, and Andrew Dawson.
The pre-order for these will begin on this site next Sunday, September 30th, when we will also give the complete track-listings of each format.
"Hell" was written last year and was originally planned to be included on"Elysium". "In his imagination" was written and recorded in London this summer.