"'take that trip down memory lane"

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
ChoonHound

"'take that trip down memory lane"

#1 Post by ChoonHound »

To me, this is Example, whether consciously or subconsciously, apologizing for working with two geezers and it bothers me everytime I hear it.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

Jimmyboy40

Re: "'take that trip down memory lane"

#2 Post by Jimmyboy40 »

I think you are reading far too much into it, but congratulations you joined the diss Example for the sake of it club, Im no fan but his rap and verse sounds fine within the Thursday brief. I do think without being disrespectful there are a few that read far too much into lyrics, if you watch or listen to any Example interview he seems stoked and pleased that he is working with them.

Drico One

#3 Post by Drico One »

Example's contribution is superb. He makes a very good record great.

I'm with nickname on Thursday. We don't agree about anything, but Thursday's f*** marvelous.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

StevePSB
Site Admin

#4 Post by StevePSB »

I gather from what I've seen on here he's had something to do with a new PSB track, but I have literally zero idea of who he is! :lol:

StevePSB

Drico One

#5 Post by Drico One »

In your case, that's probably a good thing.

Drico. :whistle: :wink:
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

ChoonHound

#6 Post by ChoonHound »

I love Thursday and I like Example. I even own a few if his releases.

I welcome his rap, I'm just bothered by the line. Nothing more to it.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

Flaffer

#7 Post by Flaffer »

This not being the next single is a classic PSB c*** up, Love is a bourgeois construct will sell to almost no-one outside the fanbase and just reaffirm all the 'PSB are camp male voice choir plus pseudo clever lyrics and computer beats' critics. Thursday may at least sell a few more copies to the confused youth of this country.

<okay I've done as you've asked Nickname, please release me and I promise to not tell anyone about this place and what has happened>

>
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Flaffer

#8 Post by Flaffer »

This not being the second single is crazy though
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Spittingcat

#9 Post by Spittingcat »

Um... isn't this the one track on the album harking back to their "early stuff"?

In that context, the line is spot on.

D.J.

#10 Post by D.J. »

Drico One wrote:Example's contribution is superb. He makes a very good record great.

I'm with nickname on Thursday. We don't agree about anything, but Thursday's f****** marvelous.

Drico.
I've been playing it many times over last two days and that's exactly how I feel about it. Example takes the track to the next level. I'm so glad he also sang on it! If Thursday were on Please, it would have been one of the top tracks there as well. Nickname was right! :lol:

stussyboy

#11 Post by stussyboy »

StevePSB wrote:I gather from what I've seen on here he's had something to do with a new PSB track, but I have literally zero idea of who he is! :lol:

StevePSB
If you live in England and even have a vague interest in pop music or pop culture, then I cannot understand how you would not be aware of Example?
NewYork London Tokyo LosAngeles

Peter1984

#12 Post by Peter1984 »

I like both bands. But Take That was much better in 1990-1996.....

StevePSB
Site Admin

#13 Post by StevePSB »

stussyboy wrote:
StevePSB wrote:I gather from what I've seen on here he's had something to do with a new PSB track, but I have literally zero idea of who he is! :lol:

StevePSB
If you live in England and even have a vague interest in pop music or pop culture, then I cannot understand how you would not be aware of Example?
I don't like probably 95% of all 'modern' music, listen only to my iPod in the car, avoid radio / music TV, absolutely detest celebrity and avoid celebrity columns in newspapers / crappy Simon Cowell type talent shows like the plague, so it's actually quite easy to not know who new names are. ;)

StevePSB

redsock

#14 Post by redsock »

StevePSB wrote:
stussyboy wrote:

StevePSB
I don't like probably 95% of all 'modern' music, listen only to my iPod in the car, avoid radio / music TV, absolutely detest celebrity and avoid celebrity columns in newspapers / crappy Simon Cowell type talent shows like the plague, so it's actually quite easy to not know who new names are. ;)

StevePSB
Did you just post direct from my mind Steve? :lol:

Blogo

#15 Post by Blogo »

StevePSB wrote:
stussyboy wrote:

StevePSB

StevePSB
Have you listened to Electric yet, Steve? If so, what do you think?
Listen without prejudice