"Love is a bourgeois construct" - 3rd single from "Electric"

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
daveid

Re: "Love is a bourgeois construct" - 3rd single from "Elect

#16 Post by daveid »

Good to have tbis confirmed plus we have the two weirdest sounding b sides ever. Those who are lambasting the decision to release Bourgeois, don't forget the media have highlighted this one as the BIG single so there must be something in it. I love it though I think they're making a mistakes releasing it before Thursday. Thursday is a big summer sounding hit and should be out now. No reason why Thursday WON'T be the last single. Axis wasn't a proper proper single anyway.

Ghost within this house

#17 Post by Ghost within this house »

I never thought this would happen.... but Love is a bourgeois construct is STILL growing on me. It's brilliant. The best and most natural successor to Left to my own devices.

The singles are for us. But also for the occasional, pale-and-callow polo-neck-wearing youth whose destiny it is to become a lifelong Pethead.

I don't want twinks who like Example on this board. I want the next Sigmund Freud.

Love is a bourgeois construct is a slab of Pythonesque posturing that reminds an old soak like me of everything I love about the celestial Tennant and Lowe.
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

dynamobjornen

#18 Post by dynamobjornen »

Ghost within this house wrote: The singles are for us. But also for the occasional, pale-and-callow polo-neck-wearing youth whose destiny it is to become a lifelong Pethead.

I don't want twinks who like Example on this board. I want the next Sigmund Freud.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

Nickname

#19 Post by Nickname »

I supposed "Love is a bourgeois construct" was going to be a single and it's not a bad one but I really want to believe there will be a new single with "Thursday". Their most obvious potential hit in years. I expect from them some changes to improve the single version and a good video. I want to believe they know they have a big track in theiri hands.
Last edited by Nickname on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZiggyPSB

#20 Post by ZiggyPSB »

I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

jamie1978

#21 Post by jamie1978 »

tottenhammattspurs wrote:Love is a bourgeois construct is career suicide as a single. All the hard work done to get Electric up there with the greats and show the public they are "back Back BACK! etc and the average joe public, who thinks PSB are cheesy orchestral samples and male voice choirs will be proved right.
their last massive global hit was Go West

Love is a bourgeois construct is significantly less camp than that song, so I don't really think your logic follows at all

Undertaker

#22 Post by Undertaker »

Love is a bourgeois construct is the best song on the album. Easy. It's classic PSB. It's not being released to chart because the singles don't anymore. However, they will sell a few thousand cd singles with it. The radio will love it. Who the f*** cares what people think who aren't fans? If some are still embarrassed to play PSB to their mates, you need to get a grip. Whats the point in liking a band if 1) You're embarrassed, 2) Bothered what people think.

Tom Angel

#23 Post by Tom Angel »

Really genuinely gutted about this idiocy.
Even Thursday's theme is what fills the charts escapism and choruses, not choruslite clippity clop songs about tony benn. I want to be proud of psb, which love... doesn't
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

romy

#24 Post by romy »

Actually its not the 3rd single,not even the 2nd single,actually its the first proper single from Electric."Axis" was only a download,"Vocal" is a single after the album release,and weeks after a"download release" .Im sure,"Love is a bourgeois construct" will come with a big video,and as I told earlier with CD,download and Vinyl.Its a great great great single,one of my top 5 ever.

FormerEnfantTerrible

#25 Post by FormerEnfantTerrible »

'Potential hit single'? Shouldn't have added that line...and told you about Entschuldingung. "Get It Online"? O.o A song about Amazon and eBay? or maybe about internet rape...

The Love is a bourgeois construct video needs to be in the vein of the Single Bilingual video. If not I'll kill them!
Did You See Me Coming?

Undertaker

#26 Post by Undertaker »

Tom Angel wrote:Really genuinely gutted about this idiocy.
Even Thursday's theme is what fills the charts escapism and choruses, not choruslite clippity clop songs about tony benn. I want to be proud of psb, which love... doesn't
So you are only proud if they are in the charts? A chart made up of utter dross. Or are you only proud if your mates nod in agreement at Example being on a song because that makes them cool.

I get that Thursday is the most commercial single but I don't get all this bollocks about being proud and embarrassed to play songs to mates.

dynamobjornen

#27 Post by dynamobjornen »

FormerEnfantTerrible wrote:
The Love is a bourgeois construct video needs to be in the vein of the Single Bilingual video. If not I'll kill them!
I would love to see Neil literally exploring the outer limits of boredom and drink tea like Tony Benn
"Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

Mr Love

#28 Post by Mr Love »

romy wrote:"Axis" was only a download
It's also released on 12".
romy wrote:"Vocal" is a single after the album release
So is "Love is a bourgeois construct". ;) Both on both CD and 12".

To me it's the perfect single choice, no other track on Electric moves me like this, even though I hope for Thursday too.

romy

#29 Post by romy »

you know what I mean."Axis" wasnt a real single,Neil himselves told,that "Love is a bourgeois construct" is the second single from the album.

leesmapman

#30 Post by leesmapman »

So, it's released on September 2nd. That's quite some time.