Thursday in at #61 end of week charts (see page 2)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Den

Re: Thursday in at #61 end of week charts (see page 2)

#31 Post by Den »

Haha! i was close, i did say between 63-66.

More promo would of helped it out.

Thursday will be 'leaving' the charts next week!

dynamobjornen

#32 Post by dynamobjornen »

I cant say I care that much to be honest, they still produce great music, and that is what really matters.
"Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

goughsjd

#33 Post by goughsjd »

We'll it wasn't gonna get higher really was it !! Thought example wud have some promo with them that possibly could have got it higher
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

One of the crowd

#34 Post by One of the crowd »

Nickname was right

Had no 1 written all over it....

Number 61!!
    Fishing

Blogo

#35 Post by Blogo »

One of the crowd wrote:Nickname was right

Had no 1 written all over it....

Number 61!!
    :up: :lol:
    Listen without prejudice

Eldritch

#36 Post by Eldritch »

Should we put nickname on suicide watch? :(
    Click click drone

Nickname

#37 Post by Nickname »

Nickname said this track had to be the main single from "Electric" and if it had happened, I'm sure the story would have been very different.

Face it!, it's the FOURTH single from "Electric", three or four months later "Electric" was released and in spite of everthing, the song is having a better chart results than the previous singles, more airplays and at the end, the video of "Thursday", it's going to have more views than the supposed main single from "Electric": "Vocal".

These results are saying: "Thursday" had to be the main single from "Electric".

dynamobjornen

#38 Post by dynamobjornen »

nickname wrote:Nickname said this track had to be the main single from "Electric" and if it had happened, I'm sure the story would have been very different.
    Define very different, and by the way, why are you referring to yourself in third person?
    "Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

Patrick Bateman

#39 Post by Patrick Bateman »

nickname wrote:Nickname said this track had to be the main single from "Electric" and if it had happened, I'm sure the story would have been very different.

Face it!, it's the FOURTH single from "Electric", three or four months later "Electric" was released and in spite of everthing, the song is having a better chart results than the previous singles, more airplays and at the end, the video of "Thursday", it's going to have more views than the supposed main single from "Electric": "Vocal".

No, it's saying two fifty-something men don't have any relevance to the single-buying public, who are mostly teenagers.

Patrick Bateman

#40 Post by Patrick Bateman »

dynamobjornen wrote:Define very different, and by the way, why are you referring to yourself in third person?
    Delusions of grandeur. :wink:

goughsjd

#41 Post by goughsjd »

I'll never understand why they didn't film this at the O2 when they actually performed it with example live ! Instead they waited until they were in China for no real reason ! However I very much doubt it wud have mattered
      Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

geowayne

#42 Post by geowayne »

goughsjd wrote:I'll never understand why they didn't film this at the O2 when they actually performed it with example live ! Instead they waited until they were in China for no real reason ! However I very much doubt it wud have mattered
      I suspect it was for the same reason that films of various lengths are filmed outside the U.K. or the U.S. -- because the associated labor costs are much lower and there are far fewer union-decreed rules and regulations to adhere to. I remember reading a few years ago that a "U.S.-based" film can cut the costs for producing it by something like 20-30% simply by filming across the border in Canada instead. I'd be willing to bet the situation is similar in the U.K.

That's just my guess, of course.

Wayne

goughsjd

#43 Post by goughsjd »

geowayne wrote:
      goughsjd wrote:I'll never understand why they didn't film this at the O2 when they actually performed it with example live ! Instead they waited until they were in China for no real reason ! However I very much doubt it wud have mattered
      I suspect it was for the same reason that films of various lengths are filmed outside the U.K. or the U.S. -- because the associated labor costs are much lower and there are far fewer union-decreed rules and regulations to adhere to. I remember reading a few years ago that a "U.S.-based" film can cut the costs for producing it by something like 20-30% simply by filming across the border in Canada instead. I'd be willing to bet the situation is similar in the U.K.

That's just my guess, of course.

Wayne
      Sounds like a very valid point to me !

BugBoy

#44 Post by BugBoy »

It charted higher than the other singles because of the following reasons:

1) all formats were chart eligable.

2) By releasing the other singles as limited editions on physical which sold out before all the fans had a chance to buy them they created an incentive to buy this CD on or before the first week of release, thereby the highest chart placing was always going to be this release, regardless of what track it actually was!

Those are the facts! End of story.
        I Like Release!

ZiggyPSB

#45 Post by ZiggyPSB »

3?) A bit of chart manipulation? Remember the petition?
        I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
        http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
        Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017