FULL European "Electric 2014" Tour Dates...

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
ZiggyPSB

Re: FULL European "Electric 2014" Tour Dates...

#31 Post by ZiggyPSB »

I felt Hogmanay had a very "festival" feel. I was conflicted on whether to go down early and get a good spot but have to stand it out through acts I don't really care for, or go later miss the support acts but risk getting a shit view? I went for the former and I'm amazed I wasn't near collapse from all the standing by the end of it all.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Corina

#32 Post by Corina »

West End Boy wrote:What I'd like to see in Europe are some old-fashioned standard PSB concerts - no other artists, just a simple indoor concert in a small to mid-sized venue. Basically what the two US legs of the Electric tour looked like, that would be great in to have in Europe as well!
+1!!!
What remains in time
that didn't fade away?

joepsb

#33 Post by joepsb »

jamie1978 wrote:the last time they played cardiff arena was the Nightlife tour, and it was only about a third full...

so that does seem rather an odd choice
they played Cardiff on pandy tour as I was there

joepsb

#34 Post by joepsb »

PETHEAD72 wrote:Couldn't agree with you more,PSB getting too involved in these festivals which have NEVER interested me one bit.
im sure they do them so they can afford to do their own tour.
id also change it to greatest hits tour but with Electric tracks included, as if Cardiff date is true they only have a few months to sell the tickets

Blogo

#35 Post by Blogo »

ZiggyPSB wrote:Certainly wouldn't like the kind of crowd that came to the Odyssey Arena in Belfast last month, for a DJ Hardwell gig a major incident was declared as dozens of people fell ill due to severe intoxication.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-26077478

BTW the Odyssey is one of the venues I'd wish to see PSB if they announce a gig there.
That was all over the news up North here, Ziggy (Hardwell incident). Here's hoping for a show in Ireland!
Listen without prejudice

NikacP0kac

#36 Post by NikacP0kac »

Now that was disappointing.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

jamie1978

#37 Post by jamie1978 »

West End Boy wrote:
BoyStrange wrote:
West End Boy wrote:and the Frankfurt concert sounds absolutely awful.
What's so awful about the Frankfurt concert? It's sound exciting to me. Big dome, full Electric set etc.
I find the idea of having to listen to 150 DJs that I probably don't like at all (I can't stand David Guetta and all the others ones they named in the announcement) for hours quite annoying. Also the crowd is probably going to be horrible - I can't imagine the average person who goes to this kind of DJ / rave / techno event to be a very passionate PSB fan, so probably they'll just "sit through" the PSB set the way I'd simply sit through the DJ sets.

What I'd like to see in Europe are some old-fashioned standard PSB concerts - no other artists, just a simple indoor concert in a small to mid-sized venue. Basically what the two US legs of the Electric tour looked like, that would be great in to have in Europe as well!
so you don't know what you're talking about at all, then

i was at sonar (similar concept and musical focus) and the crowd were amazing, much more 'up for it' and energetic than your average PSB concert - the crowd at the o2 in London was like a morgue in comparison

get a lot of young/young-ish people on drugs who love electronic dance music in front of the Electric show and the results are going to be pleasing to watch

jamie1978

#38 Post by jamie1978 »

joepsb wrote:
jamie1978 wrote:the last time they played cardiff arena was the Nightlife tour, and it was only about a third full...

so that does seem rather an odd choice
they played Cardiff on pandy tour as I was there
i stand corrected - was it busy?

Danger

#39 Post by Danger »

Corina wrote:
West End Boy wrote:What I'd like to see in Europe are some old-fashioned standard PSB concerts - no other artists, just a simple indoor concert in a small to mid-sized venue. Basically what the two US legs of the Electric tour looked like, that would be great in to have in Europe as well!
+1!!!
+2!!!!! :grumble: :grumble: Still no gigs to attend, if this will be the summer tour, very disappointing tour...

davenjulieuk

#40 Post by davenjulieuk »

Plymouth confirmed :)
Miracles happen when you're around...

BoyStrange

#41 Post by BoyStrange »

jamie1978 wrote:
get a lot of young/young-ish people on drugs who love electronic dance music in front of the Electric show and the results are going to be pleasing to watch
This.

(A sentiment I applaude.)

goughsjd

#42 Post by goughsjd »

davenjulieuk wrote:Plymouth confirmed :)
Where did you get that from ?
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

davenjulieuk

#43 Post by davenjulieuk »

ticketmaster :)
    Miracles happen when you're around...

goughsjd

#44 Post by goughsjd »

Is there a link coz I can't find anything ?!
      Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

goughsjd

#45 Post by goughsjd »

I can only see Cardiff in June ...