Is "Literally" going to be discontinued?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
West End Boy

Is "Literally" going to be discontinued?

#1 Post by West End Boy »

So today I read a post in one of the numerous PSB fan groups on Facebook where someone claimed that he hadn't been sent a renewal form for the PSB fanclub although his membership ended with Literally 40. He then sent an email to the psb costumer service and received a reply stating that they deliberately did not sent him a renewal form since they were currently discussing several options regarding the future of the fanclub. An announcement would be made on the OS once a decision had been made.

To me this sounds like bad news, I don't know... Can anybod whose membership also was supposed to end with Literally 40 confirm this story? Do you know anything else about this?

edit: Turns out I was wrong. It was not a guy who originally posted this info, but Riikka Jääskä ( https://www.facebook.com/riikka.jaaska ) in the Facebook group "Pet Shop Boys Fanatics".
Last edited by West End Boy on Sun 06 Apr 2014, 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
From summer warmth to sudden cold

goughsjd

Re: Is

#2 Post by goughsjd »

I bloody we'll hope this is bollocks ...
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

Jamesqdot

#3 Post by Jamesqdot »

I received an email like that too. Just today. :-(

tottenhammattspurs

#4 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

My renewal is divisible by three so I've only just rejoined after getting the renewal form in issue 39. We need at least two more!
    is is and isnt isnt

JSDOUVRES

#5 Post by JSDOUVRES »

Bad news, love literally, will be sad to see it go.

MikeyC

#6 Post by MikeyC »

Might be a reality of both the times we're living in, and PSB's own situation by being indie now, etc... :(

PETHEAD72

#7 Post by PETHEAD72 »

OMG!!!...... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I cant remember the last time i renewed,received the latest issue last week,did find it a bit odd there was no order form for a new t shirt when there usually is, :cry:

I hope this is not the end,why now after all this time when the fanbase is still very strong?
    You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

Oznerol

#8 Post by Oznerol »

You can still renew your subscription on the official site...If they´re thinking on stop Literally that option should have been suspended...
    You can see this like a clue about that Literally will be going on for some more time, or like a suspicion that somebody forgot to put that option down on time... :P
    This is not my signature.

Andie

#9 Post by Andie »

I hope this is just a rumour, I'd hate it to be true. It would feel like the end of an era :(
    Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

Flaffer

#10 Post by Flaffer »

I forgot to renew when I got the form after #39 but applied online just before the xmas hardware sent out. Never received renewal pack or last issue, haven't got round to checking if money was taken. I did set up new subscription last weekend and got acknowledgement of order from fan club, still not received anything though
    Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

DJCulture

#11 Post by DJCulture »

I think 'Literally" is still quite nice to have as a journal of all things that have happened in PSB world. It'd definitely be a shame to see it go.

Maybe it'll just be an e-version in the future?

antares

#12 Post by antares »

:(

Ellie

#13 Post by Ellie »

I want to add my support for Literally and the fanclub. It will be a great shame to see it discontinued, particularly elements of it like the Christmas cards. It's these kinds of things that make PSB and the experience of being a fan unique and special. It's also often the only place we get to read in depth discussion about the creation of their songs and proper updates on various projects. The letters part is also great when they do it and seeing what their current favourite records are etc. I get the general feeling that most fans would be very sad to see it go and I know quite a few PSB fans both online and in real life. If it does go, I hope we are still able to get similar updates in some other form.

Riikka

#14 Post by Riikka »

West End Boy wrote:So today I read a post in one of the numerous PSB fan groups on Facebook where someone claimed that he hadn't been sent a renewal form for the PSB fanclub although his membership ended with Literally 40. He then sent an email to the psb costumer service and received a reply stating that they deliberately did not sent him a renewal form since they were currently discussing several options regarding the future of the fanclub. An announcement would be made on the OS once a decision had been made.

To me this sounds like bad news, I don't know... Can anybod whose membership also was supposed to end with Literally 40 confirm this story? Do you know anything else about this?
    That was me who posted the info on two different PSB FB groups. Other people have probably received the same info too (at least I hope so, I hope I don't look so male in my profile pic. :twisted: )

Well, I didn't take it for granted that the "various options" mean the end of Literally. What if it means something more and not less? At least that should be the case, especially when are no current, good books about PSB where we could read all about them. I really miss reading official and correct information about them and their in-depth thoughts.

psb-freak

#15 Post by psb-freak »

I should receive one more issue before renewal. If they really are going to quit maybe they should send every member some farewell gift. It's not nice that after all these years they are going to quit. Or maybe they will form a new club. At least we should be able to ask them questions as they don't do those on official page anymore. Maybe they should re-enter Twitter or return the questions section to the official page.
    Interviewer:
    -What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
    -I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.