New Literally in March

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Danimal

New Literally in March

#1 Post by Danimal »

Per the PSB website. They didn't announce much else other than new album in 2016 and they will be celebrating the 30th anniversary of "Please" so take that as you will.

psbfannyc

Re: New Literally in March

#2 Post by psbfannyc »

Well I like that Neil said "thanks for all your support". I've never ever seen him write that.

http://www.petshopboys.co.uk/pettexts/6581

jules

#3 Post by jules »

They announced too that there'll be exciting events. Meaning there are at least one musical project that is coming to the table ? (not sure if this expression is accurate). I remember a post on facebook where Neil asked Petheads their expectation on the new album, rather unusual too.

retrofuturist

#4 Post by retrofuturist »

I'm just curious to see how exorbitant the international postage rate is this time...

Niall

#5 Post by Niall »

jules wrote:They announced too that there'll be exciting events. Meaning there are at least one musical project that is coming to the table ? (not sure if this expression is accurate). I remember a post on facebook where Neil asked Petheads their expectation on the new album, rather unusual too.
I'm pretty sure Neil doesn't write those Facebook posts although they do duplicate Pet Texts.
Evertonians are born not manufactured.
We do not choose; we are chosen.
Those who understand need no explanation.
Those that don't understand don't matter.

PopArt

#6 Post by PopArt »

It's interesting that they haven't said much about the new album. For both Yes and Fundamental they announced release dates and title of the album before Christmas (in fact for Fundamental Popjustice had already reviewed it by Christmas). But I think that is partly because of the way these things have changed over recent years. Details of new albums used to be drip fed- a title, a release date followed by artwork and track listings a few weeks later. Then finally a new single some weeks after that. Now everything seems to be announced on the same day as the first single becomes available so the lack of information may not signal too much.

But perhaps the more interesting aspect of this message is that they have confirmed that they are doing something to mark the 30th anniversary of Please. I was assuming that when it didn't happen to coincide with West End girls being released in October that the project was off the cards. Which would suggest to me that the new album might be going back a little. Would seem odd to re-release Please and release a whole new album all in March. Surely they would leave a few months between the two? I wonder whether we'll get some 30th anniversary announcement in January, a re-issue of Please in early March, new single mid/late March and a new album in late April or even early May. But even that feels quite a tight timescale given the set up time required for a new record.

All will become clear soon enough I imagine. Probably in the first few weeks of January. And regardless what is quite clear is that 2016 is going to be a very active PSB year :)
I'm always waiting...

Danimal

#7 Post by Danimal »

Looks to me that the new album isn't going to happen in March, but probably a few months later. If this album is indeed an extra-length effort or double disc as has been speculated, then the production may be taking longer than usual.

Bulldog

#8 Post by Bulldog »

...About time?

Ghost within this house

#9 Post by Ghost within this house »

Yes, I was wondering that...

I guess it might now follow the release of Super....
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

Pod

#10 Post by Pod »

It'd better be a 'bumper' issue! Its been a while...
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

ZiggyPSB

#11 Post by ZiggyPSB »

I'm sure there hasn't been a Literally since the fan-club folded.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

invisible

#12 Post by invisible »

If it's got the song by song and diary for Super, it won't come out until after the album's released. Which means April. Or perhaps after the ROH shows?

rudynicoletti

#13 Post by rudynicoletti »

I miss them..

leesmapman

#14 Post by leesmapman »

would be cool to read a new Literally with the album on. I love to do that with the "album-specific" issues. Plus, I'm really curious to know if they'll say anything on how the PSB/Jarre collaboration came to fruition (although I'm expecting a "Track Story" about that on JMJ's youtube channel).

davenjulieuk

#15 Post by davenjulieuk »

March has been and gone.... no Literally yet? :(
Miracles happen when you're around...