Pop Kids CDsingle in pre-order

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
agrasso

Pop Kids CDsingle in pre-order

#1 Post by agrasso »

On Amazon UK is possible to pre-order the Pop Kids 5-track CDsingle, to be released on 18th March; here's the link!
Last edited by agrasso on Tue 16 Feb 2016, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zog

Re: Pop Kids CDsingle in pre-order

#2 Post by Zog »

That sucks, I was under the impression that the complete single package was going to be released sometime within the next 24 hours. The single package is not on the Canadian iTunes yet although I am sure it probably will be. However the album track was released within the last hour.

I don't know but where did I get the impression that the actual single package was going to be released lot earlier than this? (aside from my own imagination).

Anyway hopefully they'll start to put some samples up from the single package fairly soon. So everybody keep your eyes and ears peeled for legitimate samples from iTunes and Amazon, etc. :)

(as if I really needed to say that!)

-Zog
New Stuff
*** “Back-Track” - Retro Funk Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... k-mix-2018
*** “Cydonia” - Techno Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... x-mas-2018

wieske

#3 Post by wieske »

The CDsingle (5 tracks) is as well available on the official Pet Shop Boys Shop...
Don't give me all your northern pain
Don't sell me New York in the rain
Let's leave our promises behind
Rewind and try again

drunk14

#4 Post by drunk14 »

Well, as fas as I remember, there were massive problems with purchasing CD singles from Electric when OS's supplies had been sold out. I hate package costs to Poland, but the worse thing is that I'm still looking for Vocal CD single, so there is probably no choice for me.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

Luke Colorado

#5 Post by Luke Colorado »

Its a shame they didn't commission a massive amount of remixes for TPK like they did for Vocal. TPK has a lot of great vocals to chop up.

"I love it... I am never goin' home" x100 etc.

Oh well.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

wieske

#6 Post by wieske »

Luke Colorado wrote:Its a shame they didn't commission a massive amount of remixes for TPK like they did for Vocal. TPK has a lot of great vocals to chop up.

Oh well.
Do you like the sentence "I love it... I am never goin' home" as well as I do :wink:
Don't give me all your northern pain
Don't sell me New York in the rain
Let's leave our promises behind
Rewind and try again

Luke Colorado

#7 Post by Luke Colorado »

I like it the groans and that whole part of the song; it's ripe for remixing into any sub-genre -- house, future beat, trance.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

boyjohn

#8 Post by boyjohn »

Luke Colorado wrote:Its a shame they didn't commission a massive amount of remixes for TPK like they did for Vocal. TPK has a lot of great vocals to chop up.

Oh well.
totally agree....i hope the extended mix is massive
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

agrasso

#9 Post by agrasso »

Here is again the Amazon link to pre-order The Pop Kids CDsingle.
I'm sorry but my initial post is "on moderation" since I edited it to add a word that I forgot...I didn't expect it to go away for that!

NikacP0kac

#10 Post by NikacP0kac »

drunk14 wrote:Well, as fas as I remember, there were massive problems with purchasing CD singles from Electric when OS's supplies had been sold out. I hate package costs to Poland, but the worse thing is that I'm still looking for Vocal CD single, so there is probably no choice for me.
Wooah, the money I earned on Electric CD singles :dance: Bought them for stock price, sold them for 3-4 times that price afterwards on ebay, due to their exclusivity (small numbers).
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

jamie1978

#11 Post by jamie1978 »

NikacP0kac wrote:
Wooah, the money I earned on Electric CD singles :dance: Bought them for stock price, sold them for 3-4 times that price afterwards on ebay, due to their exclusivity (small numbers).
probably best to keep that activity to yourself, it's generally not looked favourably upon

NikacP0kac

#12 Post by NikacP0kac »

jamie1978 wrote:
NikacP0kac wrote:
probably best to keep that activity to yourself, it's generally not looked favourably upon
I sold them via auction on ebay and offered them at stock price, but the bidding always went to pretty silly sums. I wasn't being unfair or anything.
And I bought only 1 of each, I wasn't buying off the entire stock of the PSB store.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

dynamobjornen

#13 Post by dynamobjornen »

Preordered on Amazon, do it now folks, the numbers are probably quite low.
"Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

jamie1978

#14 Post by jamie1978 »

NikacP0kac wrote:
I sold them via auction on ebay and offered them at stock price, but the bidding always went to pretty silly sums. I wasn't being unfair or anything.
And I bought only 1 of each, I wasn't buying off the entire stock of the PSB store.
well...lesson learnt: next time buy more and start at a higher bid price

AndyPSB

#15 Post by AndyPSB »

Zog wrote:That sucks, I was under the impression that the complete single package was going to be released sometime within the next 24 hours. The single package is not on the Canadian iTunes yet although I am sure it probably will be. However the album track was released within the last hour.

I don't know but where did I get the impression that the actual single package was going to be released lot earlier than this? (aside from my own imagination).

Anyway hopefully they'll start to put some samples up from the single package fairly soon. So everybody keep your eyes and ears peeled for legitimate samples from iTunes and Amazon, etc. :)

(as if I really needed to say that!)

-Zog
I was under that impression too. This modern way of releasing music is confusing. A single should come with b-sides and remixes, all released on the same day :cry: