The Pop Kids video?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Greendrake

The Pop Kids video?

#1 Post by Greendrake »

With the single being released this Friday, isn't it time to have the video out already? I mean a proper music video, not the lyric one.
Or are proper PSB videos history now?

drunk14

Re: The Pop Kids video?

#2 Post by drunk14 »

It's dubious. I think it's over. New Order have recently shot decent videos for their new singles, especially "Tutti Frutti" (let the plot pass), but the band didn't appear itself which is a shame and makes this business uninteresting. I can imagine some low-budget footage video being released on Match 18-th (something like "Vocal" was), but for me that's absolutely pointless game.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

Debussy

#3 Post by Debussy »

The return on investment in a proper video is probably minimal given current sales. Lyric videos are lazy and a bit patronising (in my opinion).

Oznerol

#4 Post by Oznerol »

The absence of a proper music video for a PSB single is near to a tragedy to me... I really enjoy listening to a track with proper visuals as companion. Even more thinking on how iconic the PSB videos were years ago, the lack of them hurts like a defeat...
This is not my signature.

coufy

#5 Post by coufy »

I think we already saw the video on Offer Nissim party.
Pet Shop Boys Technology
www.pet-shop-boys.eu

glennjridge

#6 Post by glennjridge »

I understand the notion at least of since there is not much return on videos so why bother....but this is the day and age of amazing yet inexpensive video technology being accessible to everyone...so I dont see any reason why they have to create these generic montage of essencially stock footage. I see videos created by teenage youtubers with no budget and production team that are as good as something that cost 100,000 dollars

TheGardner

#7 Post by TheGardner »

Gone! Maybe forever! They save their money and probably only would shoot a video, if "a single" would be on the way to a hit!
At least, it's what I would do!
PSB news on WhatsApp?
Just send Hello! I Want To Join The Party.

Parkol

#8 Post by Parkol »

coufy wrote:I think we already saw the video on Offer Nissim party.
I agree, probably that was a piece of the unfinished video. The Pop Kids is the hit and the video must be not worse than Love Etc.

DJAMIX

#9 Post by DJAMIX »

Could be something like "Was it worth it". Not expensive and efficient.
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

Zog

#10 Post by Zog »

Considering the fact there have been a number of skilled amateur videos made by fans (YouTube as I'm sure many of you know has lots), I see little excuse in 2016 with the technology we all have at our fingertips, to pay "high fees" for poor videos. None.

The only thing the "amateur" does not have is footage of the PSB singing the song. Too late now, but in future the PSB should supply some stock footage closeups of themselves performing parts of the song, preferably in a format that could be easily transposed into other settings (a type of bluescreen). Then to make them available, to people who wished to try, and pay the winner. Easy and cheap.

-Zog
New Stuff
*** “Back-Track” - Retro Funk Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... k-mix-2018
*** “Cydonia” - Techno Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... x-mas-2018

TeCHno PoP

#11 Post by TeCHno PoP »

Indie bands nowdays have the most beautiful videos, so I don't think it's a money thing. And there are loads of minimal but very smart and beautiful videos, so just a good idea and a camera needed, not lots of money for a good video.

NikacP0kac

#12 Post by NikacP0kac »

Martin Gore had a great video for his Europa Hymn track on the MG project. That surely wasn't expensive to make and it's absolutely beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfGw5jOl2sQ
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

dynamobjornen

#13 Post by dynamobjornen »

Not sure we will get a proper video, those days are probably gone. I dont think a video is as important to sell as it was. And besides, they are getting older and are probably not that keen to appear in videos anymore. In my oppinion the last really good one was Flamboyant.
"Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

Parkol

#14 Post by Parkol »

NikacP0kac wrote:Martin Gore had a great video for his Europa Hymn track on the MG project. That surely wasn't expensive to make and it's absolutely beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfGw5jOl2sQ
It reminds me this incredible Moog video.

Lleonard Pler

#15 Post by Lleonard Pler »

I think we will get the video on friday, along the single. But probably it'll use the same footage as the Inner Sanctum teaser, I'm not expecting much more.