Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Post Reply
Message
Author
Nickname
Posts: 6230
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#1 Post by Nickname » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 3:06 pm

Graham Norton shows

Pet Shop Boys will be guests on Graham Norton's BBC Radio 2 show on Saturday, March 19th. They'll also be performing "The Pop Kids" on Graham's TV show the following Friday, March 25th.
Last edited by Nickname on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tenlow
Posts: 1217
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#2 Post by Tenlow » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 3:25 pm

nickname wrote:Graham Norton shows

Pet Shop Boys will be guests on Graham Norton's BBC Radio 2 show on Saturday, March 19th. They'll also be performing "The Pop Kids" on Graham's TV show the following Friday, March 25th. Links below.
Cool new thread.

Let's summarize:

- We knew that already from another thread.
- They are on BBC 1 (in the thread title) but you mean BBC 2 radio and BBC 1 on TV in your post.
- "Links below" - there are no links here.


Cool. Thanks again.
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

Nicholas
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri 05 Feb 2016, 7:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#3 Post by Nicholas » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 3:37 pm

The Graham Norton Show is BBC One.

User avatar
Tenlow
Posts: 1217
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#4 Post by Tenlow » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 3:42 pm

Nicholas wrote:The Graham Norton Show is BBC One.
Yeah figured that, my mistake. Doesn't make much difference though. Still no links and for every little piece of (not even new) information a new thread ;)
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

andrewthomas100
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed 31 Oct 2012, 2:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#5 Post by andrewthomas100 » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 7:49 pm

Yes, it's so annoying when people start new threads. Drives me up the wall.

We only need one thread. Please post everything in a single thread. Then instead of reading a few posts in a short thread we can scroll through thousands of posts in a single thread which is much preferable, apparently. For some reason. I'm never quite sure why.

User avatar
jules
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat 22 Apr 2006, 5:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#6 Post by jules » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:01 pm

At least, with Nickname, you can't miss a piece of news.

User avatar
Tenlow
Posts: 1217
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#7 Post by Tenlow » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:17 pm

andrewthomas100 wrote:Yes, it's so annoying when people start new threads. Drives me up the wall.

We only need one thread. Please post everything in a single thread. Then instead of reading a few posts in a short thread we can scroll through thousands of posts in a single thread which is much preferable, apparently. For some reason. I'm never quite sure why.

:up: That was absolutely my point. I'm sure we need a new thread for every radio appearance and every TV appearance. I guess we should start thinking about a thread called "forthcoming tv appearances or something"...Oh wait...
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

Nickname
Posts: 6230
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#8 Post by Nickname » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:42 pm

jules wrote:At least, with Nickname, you can't miss a piece of news.
That's the idea.

Nickname
Posts: 6230
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#9 Post by Nickname » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:43 pm

Tenlow wrote:
andrewthomas100 wrote:Yes, it's so annoying when people start new threads. Drives me up the wall.

We only need one thread. Please post everything in a single thread. Then instead of reading a few posts in a short thread we can scroll through thousands of posts in a single thread which is much preferable, apparently. For some reason. I'm never quite sure why.

:up: That was absolutely my point. I'm sure we need a new thread for every radio appearance and every TV appearance. I guess we should start thinking about a thread called "forthcoming tv appearances or something"...Oh wait...
Yes, why are we going to open a new thread about a TV performance when you can watch new PSB performances on TV everyday?.

:lol:

User avatar
Tenlow
Posts: 1217
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#10 Post by Tenlow » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:50 pm

Why do I even bother :wall:
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

User avatar
canveyboy
Posts: 998
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:38 am
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#11 Post by canveyboy » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:30 pm

Thanks for the heads up Nickname. I never look in 'forthcoming tv appearances' so i appreciate it. I really don't understand what certain peoples problems are with creating new threads? That's the whole point isn't it? It's a forum. Who cares how many threads there are? Isn't there more important things in their lives to worry about? Chill the f**k out :D
Its taken me all of my life to find you

User avatar
ZiggyPSB
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2007, 12:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#12 Post by ZiggyPSB » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:36 pm

There's a sticky for blanket events like TV and radio events to creating a new topic for every little appearance won't shuffle good topics down the page and onto page 2.

But whatever. Should we ask StevePSB to unsticky and lock the YouTube and TV/Radio topics, give Nickname what he wants?
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
Image
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

User avatar
Tenlow
Posts: 1217
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#13 Post by Tenlow » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:55 pm

I've never complained about anyone creating a new thread, have I? Of course we need new threads that was never my point. It's tedious to even have to explain this but nickname creates 7 new threads a day (attention exaggeration!) with very often bits of information that have been mentioned in other threads e.g. I don't care whether someone looks in a sticky thread for TV and radio appearances but that's the whole point for this thread and that's why it is always on top and sticky. It was just a random example. Personally, I think it is better to not open a thread for absolutely everything especially when we have a very long and very old one for this sort of things, ok?
I doubt that this forum is more clearly arranged that way but hey each to their own.


*goes off to create a new thread called "PSB due to release new album called 'Super' very soon"... :mrgreen:
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

User avatar
FormerEnfantTerrible
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu 26 Jul 2012, 4:48 am
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#14 Post by FormerEnfantTerrible » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:11 pm

canveyboy wrote:Thanks for the heads up Nickname. I never look in 'forthcoming tv appearances' so i appreciate it. I really don't understand what certain peoples problems are with creating new threads? That's the whole point isn't it? It's a forum. Who cares how many threads there are? Isn't there more important things in their lives to worry about? Chill the f**k out :D
So you weren't the one who made me laugh before in that other thread...Today, however, you've made laugh with this post! Funny response and I completely agree with you!
Did You See Me Coming?

Nickname
Posts: 6230
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#15 Post by Nickname » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 11:18 pm

canveyboy wrote:Thanks for the heads up Nickname. I never look in 'forthcoming tv appearances' so i appreciate it. I really don't understand what certain peoples problems are with creating new threads? That's the whole point isn't it? It's a forum. Who cares how many threads there are? Isn't there more important things in their lives to worry about? Chill the f**k out :D
:wink:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoyStrange, Google [Bot] and 23 guests