Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Nickname

Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#1 Post by Nickname » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 3:06 pm

Graham Norton shows

Pet Shop Boys will be guests on Graham Norton's BBC Radio 2 show on Saturday, March 19th. They'll also be performing "The Pop Kids" on Graham's TV show the following Friday, March 25th.
Last edited by Nickname on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tenlow

Re: Pet Shop Boys on BBC 1

#2 Post by Tenlow » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 3:25 pm

nickname wrote:Graham Norton shows

Pet Shop Boys will be guests on Graham Norton's BBC Radio 2 show on Saturday, March 19th. They'll also be performing "The Pop Kids" on Graham's TV show the following Friday, March 25th. Links below.
Cool new thread.

Let's summarize:

- We knew that already from another thread.
- They are on BBC 1 (in the thread title) but you mean BBC 2 radio and BBC 1 on TV in your post.
- "Links below" - there are no links here.

Cool. Thanks again.
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

Nicholas

#3 Post by Nicholas » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 3:37 pm

The Graham Norton Show is BBC One.

Tenlow

#4 Post by Tenlow » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 3:42 pm

Nicholas wrote:The Graham Norton Show is BBC One.
Yeah figured that, my mistake. Doesn't make much difference though. Still no links and for every little piece of (not even new) information a new thread ;)

andrewthomas100

#5 Post by andrewthomas100 » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 7:49 pm

Yes, it's so annoying when people start new threads. Drives me up the wall.

We only need one thread. Please post everything in a single thread. Then instead of reading a few posts in a short thread we can scroll through thousands of posts in a single thread which is much preferable, apparently. For some reason. I'm never quite sure why.

jules

#6 Post by jules » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:01 pm

At least, with Nickname, you can't miss a piece of news.

Tenlow

#7 Post by Tenlow » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:17 pm

andrewthomas100 wrote:Yes, it's so annoying when people start new threads. Drives me up the wall.

We only need one thread. Please post everything in a single thread. Then instead of reading a few posts in a short thread we can scroll through thousands of posts in a single thread which is much preferable, apparently. For some reason. I'm never quite sure why.

:up: That was absolutely my point. I'm sure we need a new thread for every radio appearance and every TV appearance. I guess we should start thinking about a thread called "forthcoming tv appearances or something"...Oh wait...

Nickname

#8 Post by Nickname » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:42 pm

jules wrote:At least, with Nickname, you can't miss a piece of news.
That's the idea.

Nickname

#9 Post by Nickname » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:43 pm

Tenlow wrote:
andrewthomas100 wrote:Yes, it's so annoying when people start new threads. Drives me up the wall.

:up: That was absolutely my point. I'm sure we need a new thread for every radio appearance and every TV appearance. I guess we should start thinking about a thread called "forthcoming tv appearances or something"...Oh wait...
Yes, why are we going to open a new thread about a TV performance when you can watch new PSB performances on TV everyday?.

:lol:

Tenlow

#10 Post by Tenlow » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:50 pm

Why do I even bother :wall:

canveyboy

#11 Post by canveyboy » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:30 pm

Thanks for the heads up Nickname. I never look in 'forthcoming tv appearances' so i appreciate it. I really don't understand what certain peoples problems are with creating new threads? That's the whole point isn't it? It's a forum. Who cares how many threads there are? Isn't there more important things in their lives to worry about? Chill the f**k out :D
Its taken me all of my life to find you

ZiggyPSB

#12 Post by ZiggyPSB » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:36 pm

There's a sticky for blanket events like TV and radio events to creating a new topic for every little appearance won't shuffle good topics down the page and onto page 2.

But whatever. Should we ask StevePSB to unsticky and lock the YouTube and TV/Radio topics, give Nickname what he wants?
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Tenlow

#13 Post by Tenlow » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:55 pm

I've never complained about anyone creating a new thread, have I? Of course we need new threads that was never my point. It's tedious to even have to explain this but nickname creates 7 new threads a day (attention exaggeration!) with very often bits of information that have been mentioned in other threads e.g. I don't care whether someone looks in a sticky thread for TV and radio appearances but that's the whole point for this thread and that's why it is always on top and sticky. It was just a random example. Personally, I think it is better to not open a thread for absolutely everything especially when we have a very long and very old one for this sort of things, ok?
I doubt that this forum is more clearly arranged that way but hey each to their own.

*goes off to create a new thread called "PSB due to release new album called 'Super' very soon"... :mrgreen:

FormerEnfantTerrible

#14 Post by FormerEnfantTerrible » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:11 pm

canveyboy wrote:Thanks for the heads up Nickname. I never look in 'forthcoming tv appearances' so i appreciate it. I really don't understand what certain peoples problems are with creating new threads? That's the whole point isn't it? It's a forum. Who cares how many threads there are? Isn't there more important things in their lives to worry about? Chill the f**k out :D
So you weren't the one who made me laugh before in that other thread...Today, however, you've made laugh with this post! Funny response and I completely agree with you!
Did You See Me Coming?

Nickname

#15 Post by Nickname » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 11:18 pm

canveyboy wrote:Thanks for the heads up Nickname. I never look in 'forthcoming tv appearances' so i appreciate it. I really don't understand what certain peoples problems are with creating new threads? That's the whole point isn't it? It's a forum. Who cares how many threads there are? Isn't there more important things in their lives to worry about? Chill the f**k out :D
:wink: