"SUPER" - album reviewed by forum members

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
PSB=YES

Re: "SUPER" - album reviewed by forum members

#91 Post by PSB=YES »

Happiness: 9/10
The Pop Kids: 8/10
Twenty-Something: 10/10
Groovy: 7.5/10
The Dictator Decides: 10/10
Pazzo!: 7/10
Inner Sanctum: 8/10
Undertow: 9/10
Sad Robot World: 8/10
Say It To Me: 7/10
Burn: 8/10
Into Thin Air: 7/10

Twenty Something is a master piece the more I hear it!!
Glasgow 1991, Glasgow 1999, Edinburgh 2002, 02 london 2009, Glasgow 2009, newcastle 2010 Manchester 2013 Edinburgh Hogmanay 13/14

Oh now look what you've gone and done, You're creating pandemonium

RMC

#92 Post by RMC »

Say it to me. Amazing

Groovy love it..

Should be asleep now, I can't, playing again.

HappySad32

#93 Post by HappySad32 »

Happiness: 8/10
The Pop Kids: 9/10
Twenty-Something: 9/10
Groovy: 8/10
The Dictator Decides: 10/10
Pazzo!: 8/10
Inner Sanctum: 8/10
Sad Robot World: 9/10
Say It To Me: 9/10
Into Thin Air: 10/10

Fantastic. Struggling to put into words how happy I am with this. Loving the detail in the music and the work on Neil's vical effects are brilliant. Very good indeed.

Chicago Fire

#94 Post by Chicago Fire »

Happiness: 8/10
The Pop Kids: 9/10
Twenty-something: 9/10
The dictator decides: 8/10
Pazzo: 7/10
Inner sanctum: 8/10
Sad robot world: 8/10
Say it to me: 8/10
Into thin air: 8/10

Drico One

#95 Post by Drico One »

Pet Shop Boys, Super - CD Review 01/04/2016

As enthusiasts will know, Pet Shop Boys have long straddled the fault line between depth and superficiality. They've often juxtaposed intelligence and banality, too. Now, on Super, they cross the border between sentience and mindlessness to exhilarating effect.

From Two Divided By Zero onwards, the deepest thematic seam of their 30-year career has been the desire to leave the here and now for the excitement of another place and time – even if the resulting journey is most often an imaginary one. This escapist impulse finds full voice on Super, an intoxicating and delirious record that perplexes and absorbs.

On this latest adventure, everybody seems to be practising one form of escapology or another. On jaw-dropping opener Happiness, our protagonist tries to leave an unhappy present in Hicksville, USA by dropping acid at the local barn dance. If the resulting yokel rodeo doesn't satisfy Neil's cousin Cleetus, there's always somewhere else to escape to, namely the past as we revisit ourselves in the early 90s, nostalgically observing our youth as The Pop Kids and reprising The Ghost of Myself.

Back in present-day London, we watch as the titular Twenty-something attempts to escape grim reality, looking at his reflection in the window panes that Neil and Chris once pressed up against all those years ago. By Groovy, our hero sounds successfully out of his head "having the moment" by escaping into another facade: his public image. It's clear that the acid dropped earlier has hit the mark and it's time to "go out and live beyond the dream." But it's a futile, temporary high, and by the very end of this exuberant track we endure the inevitable comedown.

As always with Pet Shop Boys, humanity pervades – and can be found in unusual places. Now, on The Dictator Decides, we find a despondent autocrat longing to escape his own bestial legacy, the trappings of power, and the hidden bondage of his political and military apparatus. You just don't get this kind of stuff with Adele. On Pazzo!, our humanised anti-hero is openly asked "do you want to goooo?" by somebody who sounds like he probably enjoys the occasional intoxicant himself, but who clearly sees the lunacy in such unexpected yearning. By the end, you can almost hear our tyrannical antagonist sigh as his heavy burden finally lifts. Fleeing into exile, he finds asylum on the dancefloor of the Inner Sanctum, and becomes the latest notorious member of the exclusive ex-despots club.

But not everybody can escape. The thrillingly dangerous pull of attraction leaves dear old Neil helplessly at sea on Undertow. Drowning in desire, he cries "Help me get away", but then acknowledges what we've always secretly known by admitting that "even as I speak these words, I know I'm going to stay." Yet again he is trapped by the competing desires of what he wants to do and what he has to do. That's middle-class repression for you. Lost in waves of emotional turmoil, the serotonin beats wash him, and us, away to euphoric oblivion.

The journey from sentience to mindlessness is now almost complete, but, being a Pet Shop Boys record, there must be an ironic twist somewhere along the way. We find it on Sad Robot World, where sparks of unexpected humanity emerge in our robot friends. If it can be found in the black hearts of tyrants, why not machines? But note, when the newly-sentient automaton feels what it is to be, it appears to cry and there is anguish in its poignant self-awareness. On Super, sentience is painful. On the upside, that's nothing an acid-propelled barn dance can't fix...

By the end of our journey, the Pop Kids from Two Divided By Zero are still planning their escape on Into Thin Air. "We'll vanish, no one will know where", dreams Neil – but you just know they won't disappear at all. It's escapist fantasy, a wistful imagining of a better place and time.

It's hard to imagine any other pop act creating a work of such immersive effervescence as they prepare to draw their pensions. They've taken off the straightjacket of convention and taken us on an experimental journey that rewards loyal fellow-travellers. In the act of escapology from Parlophone, they've rebooted and reaffirmed their creative genius.

The Pop Kids is a thrilling retro-tinged distillation of their greatness. Say It To Me is a firecracker, joining a compelling plea for emotional initimacy with a frenetic cacophony of joyous euphoria. Burn dismisses self-consciousness and dissolves in a welter of wild abandon. On its own terms, Super lives up to its name.

Above all, it's something of a trip – a journey to mindlessness. Robots may become self-aware and learn what it is to be, but all anybody wants to be is happy. And it's a long way to happiness. So what's your pill of choice?

Verdict: Better than Disco 2.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

Chicago Fire

#96 Post by Chicago Fire »

MY VEREDICT (in images):

PAZZZZZOOOOO!:

GROOOOOOOOOOVY:

Twenty Something!

The Dictator Decides :?

Sad Robot World :(

INNER SANCTUM! :o

BUUUUUUUUUUUUURN:

UNDERTOOOOW:
Last edited by Chicago Fire on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 3:45 am, edited 7 times in total.

BrilliantPSB

#97 Post by BrilliantPSB »

The expectation a new PSB album brings, threaten your hability to conduct a decent review on hot bread out of the oven.
I always ask myself before the first listen: How will they surprise me this time?

Truth is, they have always had a different answer to provide. In this case, I think this is most diverse souding PSB album upto date.
You get intrumentals, a reaggeton, deep house, EDM, a ballad and a classic pop song.

If there is one track that really sounds totally different to what PSB have done is Twenty Something. Simply a latin sounding materpiece, this song could easily become song of the summer, too bad we are heading into winter down here.
Burn is my second favourite, a mixture of strong beat and catchy melody that only PSB can deliver.
The Pop Kids is the "SO HARD" of this album. It is that song that it will kill album's momentum if play continiuos mode, but it is a clear stand out track in it.
Happiness has a country sounding Neil on a really dancy bassline which works perfect on the dance floor.

Twenty Something : 10
Burn : 9
The Pop Kids : 9
Happiness : 8
Inner Sanctum : 7
Sad Robot World : 7
Groovy : 7
Undertow : 6
The Dictator Decides : 6
Say it to me : 6
Into Thin Air : 5
Pazzo! : 5

ALBUM : 8
Last edited by BrilliantPSB on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Tennant has a great voice, Chris Lowe has great silence.

jules

#98 Post by jules »

Happiness: 6
The Pop Kids: 7
Twenty-something: 9
Groovy: 8
The dictator decides: 10
Pazzo: 8
Inner sanctum: 5
Undertow: 8
Sad robot world: 7
Say it to me: 10
Burn: 8
Into thin air: 8

result : 7.8 / 10 not bad.

glennjridge

#99 Post by glennjridge »

"the dictator decides"........ is probably one of their best songs ever. just the intro alone is worth the price of admission.....witty lyrics...and a huge and epic backing track...I view this song also as one of the few songs on SUPER that sounds like the PSB. its "this must be the place, mixed with I'm not scared"
lyrically I especially like that part where its like the dictator knows the end is near and he is giving them advice regarding the generals beforehand.

Sad robot world........... is wonderfully quiet and retro techno.great set of lyrics and imagery..and does somehow make one feel sad for robots despite there really being no reason as they dont have emotions. but I love how neils detached voice works on this track. machine like like the subjects of the lyrics.

into thin air............ its like betrayed had sex with liberation and into thin air was the offspring.I do...however....think this song would have worked with a different drum loop. its too manic given the track which is fairly pretty.

groovy.......... needs to be in back of a animated movie scene like maybe penguins are dancing or something.lol its a great party track and just sounds cinematic and a bit like daft punk.and the chrosu of just look at me I'm just so look at me...show that even when neil is slumming it lyric wise...he can still come up with a interesting phrase

not surprised so many like burn........... thats classic old school PSB arrangement and production.and those synth horns! although I do find it a bit irritating when the PSB have a dancey song they always seem to love to ruin it with the drums stopping and there being a mellow interlude. cripes sake just let people dance all the way thru. the only thing I dont like about burn is those low discordant busy synth rhythms that crop up now and then. it reminds me of the nasty sounding in private synths.

I love everything about undertow......except the chorus...it sounds too simplistic when pared with the intro and verse parts. but that part where the intro comes back near the end is PSB at its best.

twenty something.......... is growing on me but that bollywood dance scene synth riff kinda grates...but I'm staring to warm up to it alot.

happiness............ has just fallen out of my good graces. its too one note and too weird with that singing part. I've exiled it and replaced it with one hit wonder.

I like pazzo a little bit...its beat makes me want to sing that eminem song....shake that ass for me shake that ass for me lol...its pretty much the same beat.

say it too me....I dont think I like the song so much....I just think I play it because I like the way neils voice sounds on it...but the constant percussive feel grates on me.its like pow!! pow!! pow!! pow!!

in anycase......fantastic album with lots of variation. definitely better than electric...better than yes...and for me just a little bit better than elysium IMO.

Mark R.Y.

#100 Post by Mark R.Y. »

I'm buying the CD in 12 hours or so, but decided to follow the Spotify link and give myself the premiere now. Although I'd already listened to Happiness, The Pop Kids, Inner Sanctum, and Burn before tonight, the remaining 8 tracks are all brand-new to me. (And I still have Say It to Me and Into Thin Air coming up on the playlist.)

I'm liking what I hear very much. It's fun, snappy, "European," full of clever and unexpected chord changes. The 1980s boy in me is delighted. The song that I instantly started a love affair with is "Twenty-something." I hope it's a single, and has an epic music video filmed in Buenos Aires or Rio featuring a handsome guy and a beautiful woman racing through streets and narrow alleyways trying to find each other. I know that's not happening, but I would love something like that!

Okay, just heard "Say It to Me." Wonderful! Haunting as well.

"Happiness" is truly nutty. I'm not sure if I would have had the "psychedelic barn dance" vibe from it if I hadn't been reading that description here though.

"The Pop Kids" is already a golden oldie to me, as I've been listening to it ever since it first appeared on YouTube a few weeks ago. A definite grower, which fits very well in the album.

"Twenty-something" I absolutely adore, as I mentioned above. "Groovy" and "Pazzo!" are terrifically silly tracks with nifty little musical details.

"The Dictator Decides" is epic. The song with the most "gravitas" on the album, with the best lyrics. The eerie soprano warbling at the end is chilling.

I haven't listened to "Inner Sanctum" in nearly a month. Rather than a "oh this again" reaction, it sounds better now. Amazing that I feel a sort of nostalgia for it already.

Any disappointments for me so far? Kind of, with "Undertow." When I first saw the Super track list in January, I picked this as the most intriguing title. The reviews of it I have read in this forum further whetted my appetite. So now I have heard it. I like it very much. The opening is the very first music I heard from this album - that first snippet in the "What is Super?" campaign. (God, that seems so long ago now!) It's great, and it's a cool track - but it does feel a tad too "typical," for lack of a better description.

"Sad Robot World" also slightly fails to live up to my anticipation, although it too is very good. An intriguing premise - based on the reality of machines making machines - but maybe more could have been done with it.

"Burn" is a fun, zany stomper. File with Groovy, Happiness, and Pazzo! under wild and crazy getting down.

"Into Thin Air" is full of interesting sounds and has a wonderful, yearning melody. A very nice way to end this highly entertaining album.

Shopper

#101 Post by Shopper »

I'm chuffed first of all, that in our 'name the next psb album' thread, I predicted SUPER as a choice
and this is an early bday present for me as well :mrgreen:

I've heard the album endlessly and to me, it a very cohesive and probably PSB's most lighthearted album (based on the overall themes, music and lyrics) BUT doesn't mean, it is throw away! Electric seems a lot darker now and the songs were stretched enough to have indulgent intros and flows.

I clearly had the same feeling of euphoria, when I listened to VERY for the first time and I can see the boys having a good time recording these! But truth be told, I clearly love their uptempo music more...and this album had an abundance of that :up:

There are tons of throwbacks and references to their previous work and ofcourse with Stuart in the mix means, you get some production flourishes, that are pretty familiar (hello Madonna, Kylie...), also what was interesting was the amount of variations within a song..cool instrumental breaks, drops and what not. I could say that the remixers will have a tough time, because each of the songs seem complete in their own way. Sure some feel a little too quick and could have been extended, but it leaves us wanting more..

Happiness, dare I say is the most infectious opener since Can you forgive her!! It's so much bloody fun with the bleeps and country twang and that awesome spelling bit. I love the sparce yet uplifting pep up lyric! Should be the Super Tour opener for sure.
9/10 - People who dont like this song...try to smile more often :roll: :wink:

The Pop Kids
After the riot that is Happiness, TPK sounds a bit sedate now; but this is a perfectly crafted song. Good choice for a single
8/10

Twenty-Something
Wasn't sure of the music, when I first heard it, but this was the best grower on the album. I see this as a companion piece to the Pop kids. While in Pop Kids, Neil and Chris were reflecting about their 20s and dancing and flaffing about, over here, it's a clever observation on youth culture today with their smartphones, instagramming, apps, trending ideas, instant gratification. Very on point lyrics.
7.5/10

Groovy
OMG...the second dancefloor killer and I was agape at the hands in the air moment, right at the middle. Brilliant and so many many cool 80s touches! I can think of the lyrics as a cheeky tribute to their own fashion style (N & C are fashion icons in their own right!)
Yes, the song is criminally short and if I could extend this, I would splice that fab 1.37 to 1.52 bit for an encore again at the end and the track would be perfect in my dictionary. (wonder if someone with the right software tools can do it for me :pray: )
9/10

Dictator Decides
There is something very Dreaming of the queen, October symphony etc on this! PSB do these majestic, historical, sweepy, insightful numbers so well. That intro and esp the operatic outro is unexpected and moving.
8.5/10

Pazzo
Hmm...Quirky, but feels too much a bside for me! It's too short to register. Probably an extended version would have been more interesting?
6.5/10

Inner Sanctum
I like this more than Axis for sure and it's a nice throw back to the 90s trancy(?) scene, I think this would have been a better fit with Electric. Not a big fan of such tracks tough.
7/10

Undertow
We get so few straight up joyous pop-dance numbers like Heart, Pandemonium, Wouldnt normally do this kind of thing etc from the boys and this is thrilling. Love the euphoric production, vocals, and will even forgive the naff 'guardian angel' lyrics bit, because ultimately it is all so infectious. Masterclass Pop and screams to be a single.
10/10

Sad Robot World
Hmm, If I could sequence this, I would have place it after The Director Decides, as the album midpoint. It's too much of a pace drop after Undertow. But an endearingly sung lovely electro ballad with some interesting and imaginative lyrics/commentary on the workforce/layoffs, automation.
8/10

Say it to me
Nice polished track with all the standard stuart bells and whistles, esp the 'say it say it'...crecendo at 2.00 mark. But ultimately it got a little blah on repeated listens.
7/10

Burn
With the samples, I imagined this to be another frenetic Shouting in the evening, but this track turned out much more expansive with all the sonic variations, massive orchestral stabs and drums. Neil's falsetto/Cooing is so dreamlike. Epic!
9/10

Into Thin Air
Nice Go West sentiment, though lyrically lightweight, but this is a gorgeous and optimistic closer to the album. Love the instrumental bits across the track, maybe this should have traded places with Burn in the album song sequence
8/10

Overall this is a solid 8/10. It is already much better sounding than Nightlife, Yes and even Electric for me.

Singles IMO

Pop Kids
Undertow
Happiness :shhh: :mrgreen:
Burn
I was born in a hospital room with green walls, the doctor who delivered me wore a green overall, so did the nurses hovering around. So much greenery around, its no wonder that it is my favourite colour !

My Blog
On Facebook

Brasa

#102 Post by Brasa »

After a few more listenings I can rate all songs:
Happiness: 8
Twenty-something: 8
Groovy: 7
The dictator decides: 9
Pazzo: 8
Inner sanctum: 8,5
Undertow: 7
Sad robot world: 8
Say it to me: 6,5
Burn: 8,5
Into thin air: 8,5

rudynicoletti

#103 Post by rudynicoletti »

Early impressions on first listening:

Happiness: 9/10
The Pop Kids: 8,5/10
Twenty-Something: 10/10
The Dictator Decides: 7/10
Pazzo!: 8/10
Inner Sanctum: 9/10
Undertow: 10/10
Sad Robot World: 7,5/10
Say It To Me: 8/10
Burn: 9,5/10
Into Thin Air: 7/10

pet potential

#104 Post by pet potential »

Hi everyone. I mostly read on this forum, that's why I thought it would be approriate to share my opinion on 'Super' with you as well. I listened to it fully only this morning, before I heard the snippets and the previously released songs.
But firstly, I have to say that I like 'Super' quite a lot more than 'Electric'. I remember how disappointed I was back then, listening to the snippets and finding myself utterly frustrated by the end result, especially with 'Shouting in the evening' and 'Fluorescent', the essence of which is actually a good one. Anyways, there wasn't really a single track I loved or at least really liked. This has luckily changed on 'Super'.

To give you an impression what else of the PSB I regard as good: My favourite album would be 'Introspective' followed by 'Actually', actually. I quite like 'Nightlife, too, being the first album of the PSB I bought myself. The best single within the last 15 years was easily 'Love etc.' in my opinion and my least favourite albums have to be, in hindsight, 'Elysium' and 'Fundamental', although even there some good songs exist.

My overall 'Super' rating would be 7/10

Happiness (6/10)
Unconventional start into a musical experience with mixed feelings. I find it hard to get used to the chorus, although I like how it is built up.
It's it's it's it's it's it's it's it's it's a fun track. Nothing more, and probably not supposed to.

The Pop Kids (5/10)
I didn't really like the song from the start. The chorus is rather catchy and that's about it. The verses appear to be clumsy and I don't feel the melancholic touch it's meant to have.
Which saddens me even more is that there are quite good elements in 'The full story', such as the 'and when the music dropped' part. They should have made much more out of this. The track, like it's on the album, doesn't do it for me. Full story gets .5 more.

Twenty-Something (7/10)
I like the lyrics and the music equally, being a twenty-something myself (don't have a start-up though). Especially the chorus got to me, such an unusual melody arrangement, but quite fitting. Might either still grow, or stagnate. We'll see.

Groovy (5/10)
Anybody else hearing 'Bet she's not your girlfriend' all the time? I think this might be one of the worst tracks for me. In spite of this drastic verdict, it's still good to listen to. I suppose I'm mainly bothered by the groovy-lyrics. Skip-potential.

The dictator decides (8/10)
I understand why so many here like this track and in my opinion it's one of the best on the entire album. I can now hear what everybody meant when referencing 'I'm not scared', although only subtlely so.
It's, like most tracks, beautifully arranged musically and production-wise. The lyrics are good and then again, I'm missing some variation here - not nescessarily a chorus, like some have noted, but maybe a change in melody or what have you. The opera singer part at the end is beautiful but too short... could go on forever!

Pazzo (5/10)
It's not essentially bad, but I already see myself ignoring this track on future listens. Furthermore I don't like how it's followed by 'Inner sanctum', but of course I can't blame the song for that :wink: I wouldn't have missed it too much, if it only ended up a B-side of 'Say it to me' (me being positively anticipatory!)

Inner Sanctum (7/10)
Played millions of times ahead of the album release, of course! Of the two (quasi-)instrumentals, this is easily the better one. I can very well imagine the euphoria transfering to the audience during a live show - on the album, it isn't a standout-track but fits into the concept and is nice to listen to.

Undertow (6/10)
Reading loads of reviews of this song, mostly here on this forum, my expectations were high. Unfortunately, 'Undertow' doesn't manage to pull me in at all, like it did to many of you. I would call it rather shallow, no edges, unwilling to stick except maybe the chorus, but not in a good way. The trivial middle-eight part doesn't help much either. I somehow see this on an only slightly higher level as 'Did you see me coming' which isn't a good thing... I understand how one can come to the conclusion that this should be a single, for me it clearly isn't one!

Sad robot world (8/10)
I really like this track! Electronic robot melancholia. Neil's voice fits beautifully to the music. Lyrically it certainly cannot compete with King of Rome in terms of substance and meaning, but still... I think I like this one better!

Say it to me (8/10)
I'm actually positively surprised by this one. Neither the shortness, nor the fadeout seem to bother me. It's certainly neither a very deep track, nor a typical PSB one.
However, if they have any intention of being at least slightly commercially successful with a potential second single, this one would definitely be the one to choose.

Burn (7/10)
Behind (!) 'Say it to me', this track would be the only other reasonable single choice. It's really great musically! Lyrically, there is a little too much burning the disco down for me. They really seem to mean it.

Into thin air (7/10)
Doesn't stand out, doesn't have to. As being the last track, it's a nice listen, musically and lyrically. For me it's hard to write any more about it.

Might as well all change after some more listens. But for now, I think I got it right!

Remark

#105 Post by Remark »

Shopper wrote:I'm chuffed first of all, that in our 'name the next psb album' thread, I predicted SUPER as a choice
and this is an early bday present for me as well :mrgreen:

I've heard the album endlessly and to me, it a very cohesive and probably PSB's most lighthearted album (based on the overall themes, music and lyrics) BUT doesn't mean, it is throw away! Electric seems a lot darker now and the songs were stretched enough to have indulgent intros and flows.

I clearly had the same feeling of euphoria, when I listened to VERY for the first time and I can see the boys having a good time recording these! But truth be told, I clearly love their uptempo music more...and this album had an abundance of that :up:

There are tons of throwbacks and references to their previous work and ofcourse with Stuart in the mix means, you get some production flourishes, that are pretty familiar (hello Madonna, Kylie...), also what was interesting was the amount of variations within a song..cool instrumental breaks, drops and what not. I could say that the remixers will have a tough time, because each of the songs seem complete in their own way. Sure some feel a little too quick and could have been extended, but it leaves us wanting more...
Shopper, first of all CONGRATS on winning the 'name this PSB album' thread!! We should get you a prize. :wink: Really good summary and probably closest to my own feelings about the album at this stage. I agree that the album feels fairly cohesive even if a bit too electronic -- again I can't help but wonder how The Dictator Decides would sound with a lush orchestra. The same with Say It To Me, I think it would benefit from some of Johnny Marr's magic.

I love your descriptor of this being the PSB's most 'lighthearted' album -- and I would mainly agree. This is exemplified by opener Happiness, and so much that follows. It does seem odd that The Dictator Decides and Sad Robot World made it as cuts onto the album, they seem a bit misplaced in an otherwise uplifting dance party with a primary intention to make you forget about everything and enjoy the fleeting moments.

In the context of what I expect from the sound and intentions of this album, the biggest highlights for me are clearly:
- Burn
- Undertow
- Say It To Me

These tracks are extraordinary and really do fulfil my expectations of what I want and need with pure Pet Shop Boys euphoria. Sure the lyrics could be more complex or thought-provoking, which we do get with Dictator, but overall I think these 3 songs are the most catchy and certainly the ones I hope we get as singles.

The thing I long for the most with this album is the desire for longer versions. Not necessarily Introspective long, but more just fully fleshed out tracks. One of the reasons I love Electric so much (my second favourite PSB album of all time) is that the songs were given the opportunity to breathe, without the conventional song limitations of 3-4 minutes. This is most evident on Bolshy, Vocal, Fluorescent, and Love is a Bourgeois Construct. If we would have gotten proper full versions (5-7 minutes) of Burn, Inner Sanctum, Pazzo, Undertow, Say It to Me, Dictator, and Groovy, this album would rank much higher in my list. Speaking of which, I'm still deciding where Super fits into the list...if you want to see that list visit this link. :wink:

Lastly I'll conclude that Twenty-something is damn catchy, really grew on me more than I expected. I think a main reason is because I have a best friend who this song is literally written for, and it brings it all the more closer to home. As much as I enjoy the catchiness of the track however, I'd be disappointed if it were a single (much like I was annoyed that Did You See Me Coming? was a single, even though it's a cute pop song). The Pop Kids was the right first choice as a single. Pazzo is annoyingly short -- if it were longer we'd have a much more interesting track on our hands. Into Thin Air is, in my opinion, the weakest track on the album, and closes what otherwise is a good album on an anticlimactic note, much the same way Footsteps did on Nightlife.

So here's my ranking, for now. (For context, on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being a timeless masterpiece, I would consider What keeps mankind alive? a "1", A Red Letter Day a "5" and Integral a "10")

Happiness: 4
Twenty-something: 6
Groovy: 5
The dictator decides: 7
Pazzo: 4
Inner sanctum: 6
Undertow: 9 <--- (might move into 10 territory at some point, especially if we get an 8+ minute proper extended mix)
Sad robot world: 7
Say it to me: 8
Burn: 9 <--- (might move into 10 territory at some point, especially if we get an 8+ minute proper extended mix)
Into thin air: 3

Have a SUPER weekend people!