Official Store - Super Orders

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Jamesqdot

Official Store - Super Orders

#1 Post by Jamesqdot »

Well, I just received a dispatch notification from the OS a few moments ago for my Super pre-order. Again, who knows if that means it was already dispatched and will arrive today (I won't know until I get home from work) or whether I'll just have to cross my fingers and pray to the Royal Mail gods that it gets here tomorrow.

Just thought I'd let everyone who's still waiting know. Check your inboxes. :)

JSDOUVRES

Re: Official Store - Super Orders

#2 Post by JSDOUVRES »

Cancelled mine Wednesday when I knew I'd be going to the pop up shop and they confirmed yesterday.
I wonder if they have to wait to release day to send these?

Issey Miyake

#3 Post by Issey Miyake »

didn't receive mine today so had to go to Morrisons and buy for £8, hopefully it will come tomorrow but a bit poor from os. I received Pop Kids on the Friday.

Jamesqdot

#4 Post by Jamesqdot »

Issey Miyake wrote:didn't receive mine today so had to go to Morrisons and buy for £8, hopefully it will come tomorrow but a bit poor from os. I received Pop Kids on the Friday.
Just got home and - as expected - haven't received mine either. Very disappointing. Lesson learned. Will never order from the official store again.

ZiggyPSB

#5 Post by ZiggyPSB »

I hadn't ordered from the Official Store or any website, but will remark at a slightly hard time I had getting my CD. I went into Tesco Extra (24 hour) yesterday and asked "if a new album is supposed to come out on Friday, would someone come in just after midnight and ask for it?" The answer was no, not because they wouldn't sell it just after midnight, but because they wouldn't accept delivery of it until Saturday. Went out this morning in the pissing rain for the only other option in my town Sainsbury's, and saw someone stocking the DVDs. Asked her if she had Super amongst her boxes of CDs and she just shook her head after checking the list she had.

WTF

And they say supermarkets are putting entertainment stores under threat, but they new albums a day late from its proper release date.

And that's not all. Went into Belfast and HMV didn't have anything Super either. Not because it was sold out, there's no indication they had them on the shelves in the first place. I know its only day 1 but you would expect the most successful British music duo to have their new album on the shelves on release day from time of opening.

Only Head, a small indie record store chain didn't let me down. Had 3 copies of Super vinyl and about a dozen CDs so I got my album eventually, after getting wet and my feet slightly wounded.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Old Soak

#6 Post by Old Soak »

What I don't get is if you pre-order why wasn't it posted on 31st March so you got a lovely surprise with the postman this morning? Rocket science it isn't... Having checked my Amazon
order it says expected delivery 5th April :-(

Not on the shelf of my local Morrisons this morning either.
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

mole973102

#7 Post by mole973102 »

Jamesqdot wrote:Well, I just received a dispatch notification from the OS a few moments ago for my Super pre-order. Again, who knows if that means it was already dispatched and will arrive today (I won't know until I get home from work) or whether I'll just have to cross my fingers and pray to the Royal Mail gods that it gets here tomorrow.

Just thought I'd let everyone who's still waiting know. Check your inboxes. :)
HMV is cheaper too!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.08 MiB) Viewed 2293 times
Last edited by mole973102 on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta have fun!

Jamesqdot

#8 Post by Jamesqdot »

Old Soak wrote:What I don't get is if you pre-order why wasn't it posted on 31st March so you got a lovely surprise with the postman this morning? Rocket science it isn't...
Well quite. Thing is, my copy of The Pop Kids was sent out early enough to arrive on release day.

billiejo

#9 Post by billiejo »

I didn't receive mine today - first time this has happened. Peeved because it has gone to place of work so will now have to wait until Monday :cry:

Drico One

#10 Post by Drico One »

Saw Super on the shelf of my local Tesco today. Never happened in the Parlophone days, though I think Yes was stocked some weeks after release in 2009. Distribution issues, no doubt.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

daveid

#11 Post by daveid »

Mine didn't arrive. No digital downloads available from the official store unfortunately. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow or early next week. Thank god I've got two books on the go!

DavePSB

#12 Post by DavePSB »

Mine didn't arrive either, gutting. It's nice to get the album on the first day of release, but not on this occasion, even though it was pre-ordered in early February. Poor show by the official store.
Chris: "I don't really like MP3's. It's like having a 1 megapixel digital camera."

Click for PSB | Euphoric (rarely updated now)

Markpro

#13 Post by Markpro »

My wife bought mine at Asda yesterday afternoon, i was surprised they had it to be honest
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.

goughsjd

#14 Post by goughsjd »

My lp & cd both not turned up and ordered the day day became available as pre order, least we have iTunes these days
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

Jamesqdot

#15 Post by Jamesqdot »

Mine hasn't arrived today either. That's a very poor show from the official store. Off to HMV High Wycombe to pick up a vinyl copy instead.

I even called to have a copy put by for me.

Retro!