remix consultant

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
raggatwin

Re: remix consultant

#16 Post by raggatwin »

andmaste wrote:
Parkol wrote:Remix consultant?
Ask Trouser Enthusiasts and people will buy your remixes.
My favourite remixes ever

Really? ??
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

Drem

#17 Post by Drem »

df118junkie wrote:Following through to his site...

"Moore Media is proud to be working as remix consultant for the new Pet Shop Boys album 'Super' which drops on April 1st via Kobalt. Produced by Stuart Price, there will be three singles from the album and all will be available on physical formats with exclusive tracks and remixes."
Frankly speaking, after the establishing of x2 and "Electric" lifespan I was naively hoping for four singles from "Super". Especially considering single/remix potential of so many tracks from that album. Would like to see "Undertow", "Burn", "Groovy" and "Twenty-something" in tracklist of the next complete singles collection. Well, maybe some regional exclusive releases or one more "Record Store Day" single in 2017-2018...
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)

Zog

#18 Post by Zog »

If the PSB have different arrangements, for extra remixers, I can't see how that should worry anyone here who doesn't like most or all of the "extra" mixes. It seems clear that they haven't forked over $3/4 million and said: "have at it lads!"

Seriously, why would you care?

As for me, I want to hear the PSB remixed in many diffrrent ways, by many different mixers DJ's.

Things were different when there might have a only been a few remixes available that cost the PSB $$$. But there clearly is a different system in a place now. Which became pretty obvious with the huge number of Vocal remixes.

I'm the case of TPK, we got a good extended mix, a good dub mix, and two decent bsides. Plus there were a variety of other interesting mixes on the 2nd official CD package. And in that 2nd package there were a variety of different styles. You're not expected to like them all. Luckily, I found the lot interesting. The MK is loads of fun. And the Nissim a bit of a guilty pleasure.

There's some good stuff in the extra DJ mixes too.

My mantra: bring it on!

-Zog
New Stuff
*** “Back-Track” - Retro Funk Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... k-mix-2018
*** “Cydonia” - Techno Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... x-mas-2018

ChoonHound

#19 Post by ChoonHound »

Put a shirt on.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

raggatwin

#20 Post by raggatwin »

Shirt, shirt, shirt!
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

Zog

#21 Post by Zog »

Like I really give a f***
what you think.

-Zog
New Stuff

Old Soak

#22 Post by Old Soak »

Zog wrote:If the PSB have different arrangements, for extra remixers, I can't see how that should worry anyone here who doesn't like most or all of the "extra" mixes. It seems clear that they haven't forked over $3/4 million and said: "have at it lads!"

As for me, I want to hear the PSB remixed in many diffrrent ways, by many different mixers DJ's.

Things were different when there might have a only been a few remixes available that cost the PSB $$$. But there clearly is a different system in a place now. Which became pretty obvious with the huge number of Vocal remixes.

I'm the case of TPK, we got a good extended mix, a good dub mix, and two decent bsides. Plus there were a variety of other interesting mixes on the 2nd official CD package. And in that 2nd package there were a variety of different styles. You're not expected to like them all. Luckily, I found the lot interesting. The MK is loads of fun. And the Nissim a bit of a guilty pleasure.

-Zog
Multiple p poor remixes damages the fine reputation of the core catalogue. I'd much rather have a few well chosen remixes that add to their canon by taking the track in a surprising and worthwhile new direction than being swamped in unlistenable sh1t€ that damages the brand.
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

Zog

#23 Post by Zog »

Old Soak wrote:
Zog wrote:If the PSB have different arrangements, for extra remixers, I can't see how that should worry anyone here who doesn't like most or all of the "extra" mixes. It seems clear that they haven't forked over $3/4 million and said: "have at it lads!"

-Zog
Multiple p poor remixes damages the fine reputation of the core catalogue. I'd much rather have a few well chosen remixes that add to their canon by taking the track in a surprising and worthwhile new direction than being swamped in unlistenable sh1t€ that damages the brand.
I think the point is that we are not "swamped" unless we go out of our way to find these mixes. Many of which are not known to the general public, except to DJs who are mixing a set in a certain style (most are)

-Zog
New Stuff

sonicbleep

#24 Post by sonicbleep »

GONE BYE BYE
Last edited by sonicbleep on Fri 27 May 2022, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james23_uk

#25 Post by james23_uk »

sonicbleep wrote: Sat 23 Nov 2019, 8:35 am Not sure if Ralph Moore visits here, but he should get Theo Kottis to do a remix.

His new track "Clear" - it's on Mixmags soundcloud (not sure if can post link) sounds like the PSBs crossed with some 90s trance... and it's really rather good!
Sounds like early PSB!
at rock bottom :wall:

Eleven

#26 Post by Eleven »

PSB stated they dont want to go back to their 80s sound in any way, so there is no way they agree to a remix even if there is a retro wave around to get back those old good sounds...to me they have lost their way a bit sometime in the 2000s and thats alright, but they used to pick the best producers and remixes, not anymore, should have made Axwell remix in 2006 when he was starting to get worldwide club attention, same with Madeon in 2010, Daft Punk 1997, avicii 2011 and so on...

Markpro

#27 Post by Markpro »

Why not get Trouser Enthusiasts, Jam & Spoon or even PSB fans such as JCRZ and see what they have to offer, In fact here's a thought..why not get the boys themselves to get their arses into the studio and work on a proper 12" extended remix for their customers to appreciate, I get why they like to experiment with different remixes with different sounds but give us..the fans...something to get our teeth into rather than a Baba Stiltz or Offer Nissim mix, It's good that we get to hear something we wouldn't normally associate with the boys but leave a little meat on bone FFS
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.

leesmapman

#28 Post by leesmapman »

Markpro wrote:Why not get Trouser Enthusiasts, Jam & Spoon
Because one of the members of Jam & Spoon died

Sent from my SM-J410F using Tapatalk

Disco.

#29 Post by Disco. »

They use remixers that will get them played in clubs, simple as that.