Jo Whiley Radio 2 8pm tonight

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
agent doris

Re: Jo Whiley Radio 2 8pm tonight

#91 Post by agent doris »

Tom Angel wrote:The official site is very quiet at the moment - any momentum between singles seems lost really. Shame. And tonight's show. sounds like it might be the Mermaid theatre show again? Maybe I just dreamt it.

On the Mermaid front - it needs a proper release. I think i'd like that as an album ore than any other.
Concrete...

Bulldog

#92 Post by Bulldog »

ZiggyPSB wrote:I'm sure there was a time that if a remix wasn't done by a certain time frame, it doesn't get included in the package. This sort of thing may have happened fairly recently and discussed here. Does that ring a bell?
Yes but if they're indeed including a Carl Craig remix he's such a high-profile name that it'd be no good for them taking it off the package.

bohemians.

#93 Post by bohemians. »

Old Soak wrote:Neil has a swimming pool and regularly swims 40 lengths.
it must be amazing for people who looks after his swimming pool../was he talking about London s or Berlin s swimming?.. He is not having Durham s swimming anymore :roll:

Zog

#94 Post by Zog »

Bulldog wrote:
ZiggyPSB wrote:I'm sure there was a time that if a remix wasn't done by a certain time frame, it doesn't get included in the package. This sort of thing may have happened fairly recently and discussed here. Does that ring a bell?
Yes but if they're indeed including a Carl Craig remix he's such a high-profile name that it'd be no good for them taking it off the package.
Craig is remixing "Inner Sanctum" (too?) right?. Nevertheless Craig is a huge name in the biz, and I can see this being a possible delay reason. Obviously they aren't going to say so publicly.

Anyway... pretty much zero new information for "us", but it's always interesting hearing their interviews nonetheless.

-Zog
New Stuff
*** “Back-Track” - Retro Funk Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... k-mix-2018
*** “Cydonia” - Techno Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... x-mas-2018

Dog

#95 Post by Dog »

Isn't it Carl Cox?
Woof.

coufy

#96 Post by coufy »

Math lesson 1: Most expensive video was New York city boy 200k. Three videos from Nightlife cost 1m. So how much were I don't know what you want but I can't give it any more and Drunk.
Pet Shop Boys Technology
www.pet-shop-boys.eu

agrasso

#97 Post by agrasso »

The solution is: impossible!

Dog

#98 Post by Dog »

coufy wrote:Math lesson 1: Most expensive video was New York city boy 200k. Three videos from Nightlife cost 1m. So how much were I don't know what you want but I can't give it any more and Drunk.
Don't forget staging the eclipse for the Casting a shadow video must have cost a pretty penny.
Woof.

Dog

#99 Post by Dog »

I really enjoyed the interview. Jo clearly loves them and I thought there was real insight into what they get up to in their lives... Chris spending the week with his poorly mum (Mrs Lowe to you), making pies, watching daytime TV and brewing tea. Neil and his cancelled trains, impromptu lunches and private swimming pool.

I know we didn't get a list of new b-sides but you did get a real sense of two men at ease with their years and enjoying life.
Woof.

bohemians.

#100 Post by bohemians. »

Dog wrote:I really enjoyed the interview. Jo clearly loves them and I thought there was real insight into what they get up to in their lives... Chris spending the week with his poorly mum (Mrs Lowe to you), making pies, watching daytime TV and brewing tea. Neil and his cancelled trains, impromptu lunches and private swimming pool.

I know we didn't get a list of new b-sides but you did get a real sense of two men at ease with their years and enjoying life.
yes, but she d :roll: oesn t know who Neil is dating with?

tottenhammattspurs

#101 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Zog wrote:
Bulldog wrote:
Craig is remixing "Inner Sanctum" (too?) right?. Nevertheless Craig is a huge name in the biz, and I can see this being a possible delay reason. Obviously they aren't going to say so publicly.

Anyway... pretty much zero new information for "us", but it's always interesting hearing their interviews nonetheless.

-Zog

Can't we phone that PSB Hotline number anymore? :lol:
is is and isnt isnt

One of the crowd

#102 Post by One of the crowd »

Pod wrote:I'll have it on while the England v Portugal game is on the TV - be a bit surreal, but there we go!
I was at the game.

Not sure what was worse, this or Erasure at London Arena circa 1990
Fishing

Pod

#103 Post by Pod »

One of the crowd wrote:
Pod wrote:I'll have it on while the England v Portugal game is on the TV - be a bit surreal, but there we go!
I was at the game.

Not sure what was worse, this or Erasure at London Arena circa 1990
I feel your pain...
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Andie

#104 Post by Andie »

Dog wrote:I really enjoyed the interview. Jo clearly loves them and I thought there was real insight into what they get up to in their lives... Chris spending the week with his poorly mum (Mrs Lowe to you), making pies, watching daytime TV and brewing tea. Neil and his cancelled trains, impromptu lunches and private swimming pool.

+ 1 I always love listening to Neil & Chris chatting, doesn't matter what it's about :D
In a robot world, machinery is sighing, I thought I heard one crying

Suburban_Boy

#105 Post by Suburban_Boy »

Agreed, great interview. Surprised to hear Neil still has the property in County Durham, it's been up for sale for a long time now.
Last edited by Suburban_Boy on Sat 04 Jun 2016, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.