Twenty Something CD single

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Post Reply
Message
Author
Extended nude mix
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed 01 Sep 2010, 9:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Twenty Something CD single

#61 Post by Extended nude mix » Mon 13 Jun 2016, 9:44 am

Just ordered Twenty-something on official site 6.99 GBP

User avatar
Undertaker
Posts: 8875
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 9:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Twenty Something CD single

#62 Post by Undertaker » Mon 13 Jun 2016, 11:16 am

Cd singles are too expensive imo. They used to be £1.99 and £2.99. You got two for less than its costs for one. Its a massive hike in price.

User avatar
Paulo
Posts: 1227
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:46 am
Contact:

Re: Twenty Something CD single

#63 Post by Paulo » Mon 13 Jun 2016, 12:39 pm

Ordered from the official site :)

agrasso
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun 11 Oct 2015, 10:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Twenty Something CD single

#64 Post by agrasso » Mon 13 Jun 2016, 1:07 pm

Undertaker wrote:Cd singles are too expensive imo. They used to be £1.99 and £2.99. You got two for less than its costs for one. Its a massive hike in price.
You are right, but those were the times when everyone with an album released or forthcoming put out a CD single, sometimes also in two part (like PSB themselves did in the 90s).
Nowadays no-one (unfortunately) releases singles on physical formats anymore (and often who does it, chooses the vinyl) so to have a CD single it's kind of a luxury and I'm willing to pay few pounds more to have a proper CD with new B-sides, rather than files (that by the way you can choose if you want to save money).
Pet Shop Boys are the only act I know that so far releases regularly their singles on CD.
Last edited by agrasso on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
psbfannyc
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 7:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Twenty Something CD single

#65 Post by psbfannyc » Mon 13 Jun 2016, 1:39 pm

Ugh just ordered...€12.32

Crazy prices

User avatar
psbfannyc
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 7:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Twenty Something CD single

#66 Post by psbfannyc » Mon 13 Jun 2016, 1:39 pm

And New Order and Erasure...
agrasso wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Cd singles are too expensive imo. They used to be £1.99 and £2.99. You got two for less than its costs for one. Its a massive hike in price.
You are right, but those were the times when everyone with an album released or forthcoming put out a CD single, sometimes also in two part (like PSB themselves didin the 90s).
Nowadays no-one (unfortunately) releases singles on physical formats anymore (and often who does it, chooses the vinyl) so to have a CD single it's kind of a luxury and I'm willing to pay few pounds more to have a proper CD with new B-sides, rather than files (that by the way you can choose if you want to save money).
Pet Shop Boys are the only act I know that so far releases regularly their singles on CD.

User avatar
JSDOUVRES
Posts: 2779
Joined: Fri 05 Dec 2003, 2:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Twenty Something CD single

#67 Post by JSDOUVRES » Mon 13 Jun 2016, 1:55 pm

Undertaker wrote:Cd singles are too expensive imo. They used to be £1.99 and £2.99. You got two for less than its costs for one. Its a massive hike in price.
Yep, and what annoys me the most and like I have mentioned here previously is that despite the fact that their singles won't do anything to the charts they still don't pack them full of the remixes. There might not be many for this one but for The Pop Kids there were loads and I just don't get it? Most probably they are doing it to get people to buy the digital releases too which is a pain for us collectors. At least Erasure and New Order have proper maxi singles which makes them a bit better value for money.

User avatar
goughsjd
Posts: 856
Joined: Fri 08 Oct 2010, 5:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Twenty Something CD single

#68 Post by goughsjd » Mon 13 Jun 2016, 6:45 pm

I can't believe they moved the release date , I got to wait until September to hear the b sides now ! And we r just lucky that they still put the effort and time into the b sides that's what I buy the singles for these days not mixes too much
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

    User avatar
    TeCHno PoP
    Posts: 453
    Joined: Mon 26 Jun 2006, 3:52 pm
    Contact:

    Re: Twenty Something CD single

    #69 Post by TeCHno PoP » Mon 13 Jun 2016, 6:56 pm

    goughsjd wrote:I can't believe they moved the release date , I got to wait until September to hear the b sides now ! And we r just lucky that they still put the effort and time into the b sides that's what I buy the singles for these days not mixes too much
    September?? :) It will be released on June 24. :)

    User avatar
    goughsjd
    Posts: 856
    Joined: Fri 08 Oct 2010, 5:50 pm
    Contact:

    Re: Twenty Something CD single

    #70 Post by goughsjd » Mon 13 Jun 2016, 6:59 pm

    TeCHno PoP wrote:
    goughsjd wrote:I can't believe they moved the release date , I got to wait until September to hear the b sides now ! And we r just lucky that they still put the effort and time into the b sides that's what I buy the singles for these days not mixes too much
    September?? :) It will be released on June 24. :)
    Unfortunately where I'm going I can't buy it until I return :(
      Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

      User avatar
      raggatwin
      Posts: 3801
      Joined: Thu 18 Dec 2003, 5:31 pm
      Contact:

      Re: Twenty Something CD single

      #71 Post by raggatwin » Mon 13 Jun 2016, 7:10 pm

      goughsjd wrote:
      TeCHno PoP wrote:
      goughsjd wrote:I can't believe they moved the release date , I got to wait until September to hear the b sides now ! And we r just lucky that they still put the effort and time into the b sides that's what I buy the singles for these days not mixes too much
      September?? :) It will be released on June 24. :)
      Unfortunately where I'm going I can't buy it until I return :(

      Prison?
      Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

      User avatar
      goughsjd
      Posts: 856
      Joined: Fri 08 Oct 2010, 5:50 pm
      Contact:

      Re: Twenty Something CD single

      #72 Post by goughsjd » Mon 13 Jun 2016, 7:37 pm

      raggatwin wrote:
      goughsjd wrote:
      TeCHno PoP wrote:
      September?? :) It will be released on June 24. :)
      Unfortunately where I'm going I can't buy it until I return :(

      Prison?
      Feels like prison !!!
        Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

        User avatar
        Pod
        Posts: 2088
        Joined: Wed 27 May 2015, 11:07 pm
        Contact:

        Re: Twenty Something CD single

        #73 Post by Pod » Mon 13 Jun 2016, 8:38 pm

        Ordered! £8.94 well spent!
        Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
        It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

        User avatar
        acrylicmoon
        Posts: 44
        Joined: Fri 01 Nov 2013, 6:46 pm
        Contact:

        Re: Twenty Something CD single

        #74 Post by acrylicmoon » Tue 14 Jun 2016, 1:20 am

        Just ordered on the OS. ...with an iPhone6 case for my friend & FREE Super tote bag. :dance:

        User avatar
        Zog
        Posts: 2271
        Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 2:37 pm
        Contact:

        Re: Twenty Something CD single

        #75 Post by Zog » Tue 14 Jun 2016, 2:25 am

        Just pre-ordered my single package from iTunes: cost $4.99 (Canadian $$$) about 2.74 British Pounds, or 3.45 Euros at today's rates.

        -Zog
        New Stuff
        *** “Back-Track” - Retro Funk Mix (MAS 2018)
        https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... k-mix-2018
        *** “Cydonia” - Techno Mix (MAS 2018)
        https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... x-mas-2018

        Post Reply

        Who is online

        Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSN [Bot] and 20 guests