Twenty Something CD single

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
glennjridge

Re: Twenty Something CD single

#151 Post by glennjridge »

I love the white dress.....the sheen on neils voice...the melody line....the mellow techno track... but as they have done in the past unfortunately its one of their abbreviated type songs...where its essentially more a clip than a actual full song. ala "transfer". its irritating because the white dress is the type of PSB I love and its such a non-song. it must be so hard to come up with great melody lines and here they did...and instead of doing a full complete song they just did a short blurb. I mean I get it...neil said what he wanted to say within the words and thats it done. but come on, its so good!

jules

#152 Post by jules »

Bulldog wrote:"The white dress" starts very much like "Girls don't cry" then turns into "In bits", with the most generic riff ever. Don't know, it's got Super-era laziness written all over it. They can really do much better than this. "Wiedersehen" is nice but as the snippets suggested it's a mere carbon copy of "For all of us".

Roll on "Undertow"...
I was thinking about "my girl" for the beginning of the white dress (it's very close to girls dont cry too) and friendly fire for wiedersehen.

Old Soak

#153 Post by Old Soak »

The White Dress is top drawer PSB, it's not as short as you might think but lyrically a "Full Story" version wouldn't go amiss. Is it just me or would this mash up with the demo of A Little Black Dress easily?
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

matt74uk

#154 Post by matt74uk »

tottenhammattspurs wrote:Pity the cd packaging isn't the same dimensions as The Pop Kids though......
Yes it's rather annoying. If it were the same size at least the singles from the respective albums would all the same size, but now since it's the same size as the Electric ones, The Pop Kids sticks out :roll:

Issey Miyake

#155 Post by Issey Miyake »

wouldn't know, mine hasn't come from the os site yet, got email saying early next week.

glennjridge

#156 Post by glennjridge »

Old Soak wrote:The White Dress is top drawer PSB, it's not as short as you might think but lyrically a "Full Story" version wouldn't go amiss. Is it just me or would this mash up with the demo of A Little Black Dress easily?
yes in fact my ears keep twisting neils word "suggest" in white dress to "impress" as in the white dress he's saying she's wearing the dress to ..suggest.. and in little black dress neil says shes wearing a dress to impress.

tucky101

#157 Post by tucky101 »

Issey Miyake wrote:wouldn't know, mine hasn't come from the os site yet, got email saying early next week.
Me too. Amateurish. Second time this has happened to me.

I won't bother ordering off the OS next time they release a single - will chance my local HMV having a copy on weekend of release.

Pod

#158 Post by Pod »

Issey Miyake wrote:wouldn't know, mine hasn't come from the os site yet, got email saying early next week.
Me too - I cancelled and bought from HMV. Not good enough.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

tucky101

#159 Post by tucky101 »

I've sent an email to cancel on the basis I pre ordered and it hasn't been despatched - anyone else done this and know if it will be good enough to get a full refund ? Will be going to hmv tomorrow to purchase.

Sorry this isn't a comment about the b sides - they both sound excellent.

daveid

#160 Post by daveid »

jules wrote:
Bulldog wrote:"The white dress" starts very much like "Girls don't cry" then turns into "In bits", with the most generic riff ever. Don't know, it's got Super-era laziness written all over it. They can really do much better than this. "Wiedersehen" is nice but as the snippets suggested it's a mere carbon copy of "For all of us".

Roll on "Undertow"...
I was thinking about "my girl" for the beginning of the white dress (it's very close to girls dont cry too) and friendly fire for wiedersehen.
I'm finding this pretty limp wristed as a track. The bass line is pretty similar to the single version of Yesterday, when I was mad: dom dom-de-di, dom dom-de-di

Andie

#161 Post by Andie »

I got the same email, but at least I had my iTunes download to listen to.

No point in me cancelling my order as I don't know where in Melbourne I'd get it. Only albums seem to be stocked nowadays.

It is disappointing, this EP seems to have suffered from either bad luck or bad planning.
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

Zog

#162 Post by Zog »

My pre-ordered EP just appeared in my iPhone's iTunes app automatically, about an hour or two before hours before the official release, and notification. Same with
The Pop Kids and Super. The first time it happene, I was quite surprised (obviously).

-Zog
New Stuff
*** “Back-Track” - Retro Funk Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... k-mix-2018
*** “Cydonia” - Techno Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... x-mas-2018

tottenhammattspurs

#163 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

After the 25+ Pop Kids remixes, are we really just getting 3 of 2wenty Something?
is is and isnt isnt

DJAMIX

#164 Post by DJAMIX »

tottenhammattspurs wrote:After the 25+ Pop Kids remixes, are we really just getting 3 of 2wenty Something?
After the Kornél Kovács Remix I think you should get none.
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

DJAMIX

#165 Post by DJAMIX »

How a decent remix (even if it's dub) sounds like:

One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)