Reputation Reissue - Promo Advert

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
canveyboy

Reputation Reissue - Promo Advert

#1 Post by canveyboy »

Its taken me all of my life to find you

Niall

Re: Reputation Reissue - Promo Advert

#2 Post by Niall »

Funnily enough, I was listening to what I think is one of the boys' best tracks - Occupy Your Mind- in the car this morning and thinking how it could do with a remaster and re-release.
Evertonians are born not manufactured.
We do not choose; we are chosen.
Those who understand need no explanation.
Those that don't understand don't matter.

Oznerol

#3 Post by Oznerol »

I just hope the videos will be in the full 4:3 original aspect-ratio image, not mutilated on top and bottom to look like HD 16:9 videos, as we see on this advert...
This is not my signature.

grantwww

#4 Post by grantwww »

I'm wondering if the linking interview segments with Dusty will be included. This was part of the original VHS release.

Actually

#5 Post by Actually »

Cannot stop playing Arrested By You. Shame not a Tennant/Lowe production.
I'm too weak to be strong

Pete13

#6 Post by Pete13 »

grantwww wrote:I'm wondering if the linking interview segments with Dusty will be included. This was part of the original VHS release.
Yes, the interview is on the DVD too.

Pete13

#7 Post by Pete13 »

Actually wrote:Cannot stop playing Arrested By You. Shame not a Tennant/Lowe production.
The copy of Literally that covered Dusty's funeral mentions that as executive producers Neil & Chris "tinkered with a few of the non-PSB tracks. Neil also added the oboe solo (played on an Emulator) on Arrested by you". He replaced the saxophone solo heard on the 12" version.

Oznerol

#8 Post by Oznerol »

Pete13 wrote:
grantwww wrote:I'm wondering if the linking interview segments with Dusty will be included. This was part of the original VHS release.
Yes, the interview is on the DVD too.
hmmm....nice to have the intervidew but I hope it´ll be not an exact copy of the VHS because the videos are not clean there...the name of the song is written over the video image during some seconds on the beginning of each video, and I´ve been waiting for clean copies all this time!
This is not my signature.

raggatwin

#9 Post by raggatwin »

Just listening to Nothing has been proved'...thinking how funky it is....I wonder if they were influenced by joyce sims when writing it....
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

Tom Angel

#10 Post by Tom Angel »

Pete13 wrote:
Actually wrote:Cannot stop playing Arrested By You. Shame not a Tennant/Lowe production.
The copy of Literally that covered Dusty's funeral mentions that as executive producers Neil & Chris "tinkered with a few of the non-PSB tracks. Neil also added the oboe solo (played on an Emulator) on Arrested by you". He replaced the saxophone solo heard on the 12" version.

Well, that's fascinating. I had no idea abut this - before I sign dup to Literally. Any idea which number this is from?

It's occurred to me that they need to compile all the Literallys - that would be a rather indulgent 4 day read!
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Pete13

#11 Post by Pete13 »

Tom Angel wrote:
Pete13 wrote:

Well, that's fascinating. I had no idea abut this - before I sign dup to Literally. Any idea which number this is from?

It's occurred to me that they need to compile all the Literallys - that would be a rather indulgent 4 day read!
Tom - Issue 20, July 1999

Pod

#12 Post by Pod »

Enjoying the re-release, brings back some memories! Especially love occupy your mind - superb!
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Dog

#13 Post by Dog »

Pete13 wrote: Sun 28 Aug 2016, 10:42 pm
If you want to hear the original saxophone solo it's still in the Extended Version which is on this reissue.
Woof.