New EP in April: Agenda

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
daveid

Re: New EP on April: Agenda

#61 Post by daveid »

What an awful song. Shall we give Give Stupidity a Chance a chance?

Remark

#62 Post by Remark »

jasonjohn wrote:
Tue 05 Feb 2019, 2:06 pm
Most cringe-worthy song they have ever made?

What Keeps Mankind Alive enthusiasts will be quietly relieved.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ugh What Keeps Mankind Alive is terrible!

Remark

#63 Post by Remark »

y3potential wrote:
Tue 05 Feb 2019, 2:19 pm
When Annually was released last year I had a hunch that they were being done in the order of the Introspective colour bars left to right. This year's volume confirms it to me.. You've been rumbled, Farrow..!!
WOW good catch!!! Bravo! It's this kind of stuff that I LOVE about our Boys (and Farrow)...

jhank73

#64 Post by jhank73 »

Awful song. Hope the other three are better.

lucienchardon

#65 Post by lucienchardon »

What a great surprise this morning! Ordered Annually just a little while ago. April 12 will be a great day.

The song Give Stupidity A Chance really captures the sentiment that led to the Trump administration here in the US. I love the line "Why face the facts when you can just feel the feelings?"

Old Soak

#66 Post by Old Soak »

Free exclusive CD with Annually available on official site if you don't want download or 12". Be intriguing to hear a new track a day over four days!
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

le petit corbusier

#67 Post by le petit corbusier »

While the production seems very simple (kind of surprised a producer was needed), I actually like the song. A hilarious soundtrack for the end of the world.

For some reason, Matisse's The dance keeps coming to my mind while listening to this.

Look left, then right
And run for your life

ZiggyPSB

#68 Post by ZiggyPSB »

I can see the Winner similarities, but its nowhere near as happy. I don't consider this a classic by any means but its fun and that's all it is.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

leesmapman

#69 Post by leesmapman »

With the Russians meddling in both Trump's and the brexit vote, is this another PSB Russian related songs?

zenorac

#70 Post by zenorac »

I've been a lurker on the forum for years. Love reading your comments, but I don't know why I come here for excitement about a new Pet Shop Boys song. But I did, and you've completely deflated me. *Recommences lurking*
"Let's enjoy it all, while it lasts."

ZiggyPSB

#71 Post by ZiggyPSB »

This is reminding me of that time when Chumbawamba recorded an EP called, In Memoriam: Margaret Thatcher in 2005, opened it up for pre-order, and didn't release it until 2013 when she died. They weren't very big fans of her.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Luke Colorado

#72 Post by Luke Colorado »

That’s hilarious. That Thatcher thing.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

leesmapman

#73 Post by leesmapman »

ZiggyPSB wrote:
Tue 05 Feb 2019, 3:55 pm
This is reminding me of that time when Chumbawamba recorded an EP called, In Memoriam: Margaret Thatcher in 2005, opened it up for pre-order, and didn't release it until 2013 when she died. They weren't very big fans of her.
And it got a posthumous release. They broke up a year before that EP was sent out.

TG

#74 Post by TG »

This is limp :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lets hope the other 3 are better
Stay the f*** out of politics

And even as I read the OS appears to have been updated to reveal;

"Discussing the EP, Neil Tennant said: “It contains three satirical songs and one rather sad song. I think it’s because of the times we’re living through.” The four tracks were produced by Tim Powell and Pet Shop Boys and recorded towards the end of last year. They will not be included on Pet Shop Boys’ next album which is being produced by Stuart Price and is due for release in the autumn."
Oh dear

Another 2 satirical songs but thankfully they wont be on the new album. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Annually sounds shite as well
A behind-the-scenes report of Neil’s book launch event. Boring
An in-depth interview with celebrated comedian, author and long-term PSB fan, David Walliams. Even worse
The full unedited transcript of Chris Heath’s 1986 Smash Hits interview with Chris and Neil, accompanied by a new commentary. Like" WTF Neil"
A selection of photographs of Pet Shop Boys’ recent recording sessions with Stuart Price at the legendary Hansa studios in Berlin.
Plus news and photographs, your letters answered, and more. The saving grace

Probably the worst PSB release ever
Last edited by TG on Tue 05 Feb 2019, 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
People tell me I'm a legend round these parts

goughsjd

#75 Post by goughsjd »

Personally I really like this song and we could all see a political song on the way , My Mrs however is not a fan!!
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19