Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
gehegu

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#241 Post by gehegu »

oakey wrote: Mon 10 Feb 2020, 9:50 pm
gehegu wrote: Sat 08 Feb 2020, 12:27 am I paid through bank transfer and I haven’t received anything from them. It’s really disappointing . They’ve stopped replying my emails so, at this point, I’ve lost my money. 😡
How did you pay then without the invoice that was sent out with the magazine and 7"?
Well, I didn’t understand the process and I asked for a IBAN, they sent it to me and I paid. Probably it was my fault but I’ve never done any transaction in any other way, now I don’t have neither the money nor the 7” or the magazine. I’m still emailing them but lately there’s no response. Any help would be highly appreciated.

oakey

#242 Post by oakey »

But did you place an order through their website? If you just wire money to a company’s account, how would they know what to send you. That would not work with any other company either, would it?

Drem

#243 Post by Drem »

Returned home back from work last Tuesday's evening to find this pleasant surprise parcel from Germany awaiting me in my room. I almost forgot about this order since they don't have a standart card/PayPal payment options (and I thought they will cancel it eventually). I accurately unsticked the single from magazine's cover then safely removed glue spots from the latter - thankfully no damage to both items! Now I have to learn how to pay an invoice.
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)

gehegu

#244 Post by gehegu »

oakey wrote: Tue 11 Feb 2020, 8:31 am But did you place an order through their website? If you just wire money to a company’s account, how would they know what to send you. That would not work with any other company either, would it?
I placed the order first of course, I wasn’t born yesterday...they sent me a text in German and then I ask them for the iban number. When I payed I wrote the reference number in the issue.
It works like that everywhere else (eBay, discogs and amazon) I order, then I pay and finally I receive the parcel...or ...am I really from Mars?

oakey

#245 Post by oakey »

If you placed the order normally it should arrive. The email they sent after the order explicitly said to not pay until the invoice was received which is sent with the item. So that’s why I asked.

oakey

#246 Post by oakey »

I have a few spares left, if somebody is interested in the magazine and blue vinyl 7” feel free to contact me.

oakey

#247 Post by oakey »

oakey wrote: Sun 08 Mar 2020, 5:09 pm I have a few spares left, if somebody is interested in the magazine and blue vinyl 7” feel free to contact me.
Just checked shipping cost for a forum member, postage (as regular A4 letter, cheapest option) to US or UK is €7.50. If others are interested too, still have a copy left (item price is €9.90).

Greendrake

#248 Post by Greendrake »

So, the second track on this appears to be nothing more than just copy from the ROH 2018 CD, right? Which basically drops the exclusivity of this (track-wise) to zero.

zukunft

#249 Post by zukunft »

The exlusivity is that it‘s on blue vinyl and that it‘s only available with the magazine.

oakey

#250 Post by oakey »

Yes, the item is exclusive, not the songs. It’s one of those ‘first time released on vinyl’ things as well l. For those of us who grew up in the 80s/90s it’s so weird to see this advertised, as this was exactly the phrase used to sell ‘the superior format’ CDs: ‘available on CD for the first time’. And pay twice the price of the vinyl. Now it’s the other way round.
It’s like releasing a digital download and selling it with ‘first time available as mp3!’

I still have a blue 7” copy + mag left for retail price. Just pm me if you’re interested.

ssss1

#251 Post by ssss1 »

Hi,
Please could someone help. I'm in the UK and ordered 2 copies back in December 2019. I've just received a reminder notice (zahlungserinnerung) asking for payment, but I've never received the items or an invoice. Should I email them and if so what is their email address?
I've only ever received 2 emails back in December when I placed the order.
Thanks.

domino

#252 Post by domino »

ssss1 wrote: Thu 16 Apr 2020, 4:02 pm Hi,
Please could someone help. I'm in the UK and ordered 2 copies back in December 2019. I've just received a reminder notice (zahlungserinnerung) asking for payment, but I've never received the items or an invoice. Should I email them and if so what is their email address?
Thanks.
Did you chose the wrong payment accidentally?
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

ssss1

#253 Post by ssss1 »

domino wrote: Thu 16 Apr 2020, 4:21 pm
ssss1 wrote: Thu 16 Apr 2020, 4:02 pm Hi,
Thanks.
Did you chose the wrong payment accidentally?
I think I chose the bank transfer option. Am I right in thinking that I should still get an invoice as I'm in the UK and bank transfer doesn't work?

oakey

#254 Post by oakey »

Just send then an email that you ordered two copies but never rceived the items or the invoice (which as I have said before was shipped together with the magazine and 7" as a paper invoice). They are not waiting for your payment so they can ship, and there is no 'wrong' payment option, as they always shipped the invoice with the items.

Last week I ordered the back issue of Musikexpress on Kraftwork with Die Robotor as vinyl single and got that today (with the invoice). So that was even very quick despite Easter (during which Germany shuts down for four days) and COVID (during which Germany shuts down as well).

The only thing I can think of that there was an error in the address, but you can check that in the mail you received. Eg the country not being Vereintes Königreich or something like that.

ssss1

#255 Post by ssss1 »

oakey wrote: Thu 16 Apr 2020, 5:29 pm Just send then an email that you ordered two copies but never rceived the items or the invoice (which as I have said before was shipped together with the magazine and 7" as a paper invoice). They are not waiting for your payment so they can ship, and there is no 'wrong' payment option, as they always shipped the invoice with the items.

Last week I ordered the back issue of Musikexpress on Kraftwork with Die Robotor as vinyl single and got that today (with the invoice). So that was even very quick despite Easter (during which Germany shuts down for four days) and COVID (during which Germany shuts down as well).

The only thing I can think of that there was an error in the address, but you can check that in the mail you received. Eg the country not being Vereintes Königreich or something like that.
Thanks for info. What is the best email to use to reach them?
Thank you.