Page 10 of 26

Re: Hotspot reviews

Posted: Thu 16 Jan 2020, 9:17 pm
by rashomon
ArtHist wrote:
Thu 16 Jan 2020, 7:41 pm
^^^ Dreamland a standout? Eurgh.
Well I take heart in that line ...

I imagine the reviewer has given the album a cursory listen, was familiar with Dreamland as he heard It in the background somewhere and wrote it down on a piece of paper ...

I suspect the real gems on the album will take time to unearth and this possibly divisive album suggests that this forum will explode with people loving certain tracks and hating others and not many agreeing with each other - the marmite album if you will.

All speculation on my part.

Re: Hotspot reviews

Posted: Thu 16 Jan 2020, 9:59 pm
by Nickname
rashomon wrote:
Thu 16 Jan 2020, 9:17 pm
ArtHist wrote:
Thu 16 Jan 2020, 7:41 pm
^^^ Dreamland a standout? Eurgh.
Well I take heart in that line ...

I imagine the reviewer has given the album a cursory listen, was familiar with Dreamland as he heard It in the background somewhere and wrote it down on a piece of paper ...

I suspect the real gems on the album will take time to unearth and this possibly divisive album suggests that this forum will explode with people loving certain tracks and hating others and not many agreeing with each other - the marmite album if you will.

All speculation on my part.

Just the same when people say Burning the Heather is one of the best songs from the album. For me it's a clear album filler. If the album doesn't improve that, bad thing. The one minute and a half from the song we don't really know yet, I hope it improves the result.

Re: Hotspot reviews

Posted: Thu 16 Jan 2020, 10:08 pm
by glennjridge
Yeah, well thats a bit like scratching off 5 wrong numbers on a lotto ticket hoping the last one is right.

Re: Hotspot reviews

Posted: Thu 16 Jan 2020, 10:42 pm
by dequesi
Not a review, but for the sake of completion...
GAB magazine, January 2020.

Re: Hotspot reviews

Posted: Thu 16 Jan 2020, 11:27 pm
by domino
dequesi wrote:
Thu 16 Jan 2020, 10:42 pm
Not a review, but for the sake of completion...
GAB magazine, January 2020.
I like the typo at the end. :lol:

Pest Hop Boys

Re: Hotspot reviews

Posted: Fri 17 Jan 2020, 11:02 am
by drunk14
https://bigtakeover.com/recordings/PetS ... elServices

Someone from this forum have written this review.

Re: Hotspot reviews

Posted: Fri 17 Jan 2020, 12:49 pm
by skyhigh

Re: Hotspot reviews

Posted: Fri 17 Jan 2020, 1:16 pm
by Wish
Steve Pafford
Pet Shop Boys kick off their cash-grab titled Dreamland: The Greatest Hits Live tour in Berlin, naturally, on May 1. A remix album, Disco 5, follows later in the year.
This guy knows something we don't know?

Re: Hotspot reviews

Posted: Fri 17 Jan 2020, 1:36 pm
by GalataPSB

Re: Hotspot reviews

Posted: Fri 17 Jan 2020, 1:40 pm
by le petit corbusier
Thank you all for the effort compiling these articles here!

Re: Hotspot reviews

Posted: Fri 17 Jan 2020, 3:11 pm
by lukas.pavlik

Re: Hotspot reviews

Posted: Fri 17 Jan 2020, 5:04 pm
by jamie1978
lukas.pavlik wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020, 3:11 pm
Another review http://bigtakeover.com/recordings/PetSh ... elServices
"too uplifting"

the first time I've heard the term use in a mildly disparaging sense

Re: Hotspot reviews

Posted: Fri 17 Jan 2020, 5:08 pm
by Ghost within this house
jamie1978 wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020, 5:04 pm
lukas.pavlik wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020, 3:11 pm
Another review http://bigtakeover.com/recordings/PetSh ... elServices
"too uplifting"

the first time I've heard the term use in a mildly disparaging sense
Is that Effen's review, I wonder?

Re: Hotspot reviews

Posted: Fri 17 Jan 2020, 6:17 pm
by glennjridge
Too uplifting...Thats like eating a steak and then going, unfortunately, it was too delicious.

Re: Hotspot reviews

Posted: Fri 17 Jan 2020, 9:53 pm
by Effen Vida
Ghost within this house wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020, 5:08 pm
jamie1978 wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020, 5:04 pm
lukas.pavlik wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020, 3:11 pm
Another review http://bigtakeover.com/recordings/PetSh ... elServices
"too uplifting"

the first time I've heard the term use in a mildly disparaging sense
Is that Effen's review, I wonder?
Not guilty!