Hotspot - Single number 4

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Future Lover

Re: Hotspot - Single number 4

#31 Post by Future Lover » Mon 20 Jan 2020, 12:32 am

drunk14 wrote:
Sun 19 Jan 2020, 11:29 pm
About 120-130 people in Europe are aware of the fact they are something more than an album track.
This highly specific number made me chuckle, thanks for that!
So, 84-ish hours left before it's officially with us.

drunk14

#32 Post by drunk14 » Mon 20 Jan 2020, 12:44 am

Thank you for explenation, retro.

You are correct with my dream choices except for Integral, hah. They lost their great moment with Numb as the third single (Did someone actually ask them why this song? Bloody Diane Warren, the queen of pop banality) . After that there was no point to promote the album, even if they had used The Sodom and Gomorrah Show.

I still have a good expectations as to Happy People. It should be an enjoyable retro dance killer. Your Raise the Pressure connotations are still very vivid in my head ;).

All in all, it does not matter what's the name of fourth single. The only exctitement could come when they released a single in all possible formats at the same time 2 or 3 weeks before the album, without prior announcement. Hotspot promotional camoaign is generous for fans, but generally too diluted.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

drunk14

#33 Post by drunk14 » Mon 20 Jan 2020, 12:50 am

glennjridge wrote:
Mon 20 Jan 2020, 12:26 am
Ugh....I think I'm going to bow out for the rest of the days till release.
this will be the first time I listen to a PSB album without having had the leak weeks out or having heard snippers...which odds are the closer we get is bound to be found somewhere.

so, I guess I can just stay away and avoid any knowledge of a leak or snippets.
kind of exciting actually.
That's frustrating, I know . You cannot be a rebel, you cannot cheat the system (and frankly, system deserved to be cheated, even if PSB are involved). You need to wait in the same line like other mortals and teenage fans of Poppy of Billie Eilish. You are all equal on 24th of January (even if they do not know who PSB are). And worst of all - you cannot shake your other hand and be proud that you ignored and resisted all leaks and snippets and you're the true fan
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?