Monkey Business Official Video

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Scottydog

Re: Monkey Business Official Video

#76 Post by Scottydog »

After seeing the trailer I thought it looked brilliant and if it doesn’t feature more Drag I’ll be disappointed! It never crossed my mind that there might be any negative reaction amongst any fans of Pet Shop Boys! I guess your claims of not being homophobic must be true otherwise you shouldn’t even be here 😉
If I thought what you’d think I wouldn’t even be here.

le petit corbusier

#77 Post by le petit corbusier »

Scottydog wrote:After seeing the trailer I thought it looked brilliant and if it doesn’t feature more Drag I’ll be disappointed! It never crossed my mind that there might be any negative reaction amongst any fans of Pet Shop Boys! I guess your claims of not being homophobic must be true otherwise you shouldn’t even be here Image
I still remember the reaction of a certain Mr.Neil on a Spanish psb newsletter back in 2002 when the video for I get along was released: "Shit, another f*** gay video". I wonder if that guy may be in this forum posting nonsense polls nonstop... Homophobia is very present in the psb fandom, unfortunately.
Look left, then right
And run for your life

Nickname

#78 Post by Nickname »

le petit corbusier wrote: Thu 23 Jan 2020, 4:18 pm
Scottydog wrote:After seeing the trailer I thought it looked brilliant and if it doesn’t feature more Drag I’ll be disappointed! It never crossed my mind that there might be any negative reaction amongst any fans of Pet Shop Boys! I guess your claims of not being homophobic must be true otherwise you shouldn’t even be here Image
I still remember the reaction of a certain Mr.Neil on a Spanish psb newsletter back in 2002 when the video for I get along was released: "Shit, another f****** gay video". I wonder if that guy may be in this forum posting nonsense polls nonstop... Homophobia is very present in the psb fandom, unfortunately.
I think there is someone who wants to use this forum for his old problems in other forums 20 years ago.
Last edited by Nickname on Thu 23 Jan 2020, 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tenlow

#79 Post by Tenlow »

I guess not being a fan of drags automatically makes me homophobic then. That was easy :) Didn't know it was as simple as that. Good discussion. Have to listen to Hotspot now, if you excuse me 😂
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

RMC

#80 Post by RMC »

Tenlow wrote: Thu 23 Jan 2020, 4:59 pm I guess not being a fan of drags automatically makes me homophobic then. That was easy :) Didn't know it was as simple as that. Good discussion. Have to listen to Hotspot now, if you excuse me 😂
Completely agree, personally I don’t like drag acts/shows and avoid them, does that mean I am also homophobic? I find that insulting.

gehegu

#81 Post by gehegu »

RMC wrote: Thu 23 Jan 2020, 5:07 pm
Tenlow wrote: Thu 23 Jan 2020, 4:59 pm I guess not being a fan of drags automatically makes me homophobic then. That was easy :) Didn't know it was as simple as that. Good discussion. Have to listen to Hotspot now, if you excuse me 😂
Completely agree, personally I don’t like drag acts/shows and avoid them, does that mean I am also homophobic? I find that insulting.
Add me to the black list then

amandine insensible

#82 Post by amandine insensible »

nickname wrote: Thu 23 Jan 2020, 12:28 am
Spittingcat wrote: Thu 23 Jan 2020, 12:05 am There must be a Def Leppard video with a drag queen in it… if only I had the patience to search…
[...] or any other rock band with drag queens because it's not usual at all.
Faith No More did it with Easy in 1992

le petit corbusier

#83 Post by le petit corbusier »

RMC wrote:
Tenlow wrote: Thu 23 Jan 2020, 4:59 pm I guess not being a fan of drags automatically makes me homophobic then. That was easy :) Didn't know it was as simple as that. Good discussion. Have to listen to Hotspot now, if you excuse me Image
Neither do I. But I am fully aware of the band I am choosing to follow and the message they are trying to share. As a heterosexual man with some very close gay friends who believes in diversity, I find shocking the posts I sometimes read here.
Look left, then right
And run for your life

PETHEAD72

#84 Post by PETHEAD72 »

Very FUNKY!,boys looking good and love chris's dance!
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

Future Lover

#85 Post by Future Lover »

Terrific video!

goughsjd

#86 Post by goughsjd »

Thought that Vid was brill - especially Chris dancing and even smiling. 😊
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

GalataPSB

#87 Post by GalataPSB »

*edit
    Last edited by GalataPSB on Thu 23 Jan 2020, 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tenlow

#88 Post by Tenlow »

That was quite enjoyable!
    Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

ZiggyPSB

#89 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Great to see the boys in a proper video again. Really great to see Chris dancing in particular. Otherwise not a big fan of the video though.
    I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
    http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
    Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

303krs

#90 Post by 303krs »

Amazing.
    "...Many roads will cross through many lives
    but somehow you survive..."