Happy people

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
User avatar
rashomon
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon 26 Sep 2005, 11:44 am
Contact:

Re: Happy people

#16 Post by rashomon »

Dream package:

Happy People - radio edit
Happy People - melanphoric extended dub mix
Will-o-the-wisp - deep underground 12"
The Lost Room

Come on Neil and Chris .. I've done all the hard work for you here ... ;-)
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Nickname
Posts: 6353
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy people

#17 Post by Nickname »

It's the only one song I haven't listened from Hotspot yet.

I'll probably listen to it today. I hope I like it. It's supposed to be one of the big gems from the album.

Dog
Posts: 1651
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy people

#18 Post by Dog »

Shades of The KLF’s Kylie Said to Jason. Bill’s rap fits neatly over Neil’s vocal.
Woof.

User avatar
daveid
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sat 11 Feb 2006, 9:38 am
Contact:

Re: Happy people

#19 Post by daveid »

rashomon wrote: Sat 25 Jan 2020, 1:14 pm Dream package:

Happy People - radio edit
Happy People - melanphoric extended dub mix
Will-o-the-wisp - deep underground 12"
The Lost Room

Come on Neil and Chris .. I've done all the hard work for you here ... ;-)
Your dreams aren't that great are they? What about TWO b sides for starters?

le petit corbusier
Posts: 1929
Joined: Tue 20 Mar 2007, 10:42 am
Contact:

Re: Happy people

#20 Post by le petit corbusier »

Probably my favourite on the album. Sweet, euphoric and sad.
Look left, then right
And run for your life

User avatar
ZiggyPSB
Posts: 2348
Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2007, 12:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy people

#21 Post by ZiggyPSB »

nickname wrote: Sat 25 Jan 2020, 2:55 pm It's the only one song I haven't listened from Hotspot yet.

I'll probably listen to it today. I hope I like it. It's supposed to be one of the big gems from the album.
Are you alright? The albums been out for a day and a half. And for some reason you haven’t listened to track 3 and that track only?
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
Image
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Nickname
Posts: 6353
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy people

#22 Post by Nickname »

ZiggyPSB wrote: Sat 25 Jan 2020, 3:40 pm
nickname wrote: Sat 25 Jan 2020, 2:55 pm It's the only one song I haven't listened from Hotspot yet.

I'll probably listen to it today. I hope I like it. It's supposed to be one of the big gems from the album.
Are you alright? The albums been out for a day and a half. And for some reason you haven’t listened to track 3 and that track only?
That's true, I've been listenig to the album piece by piece.

Apart from the B-sides and mixes.

First: Dreamland
Second: Burning the Heather single
Third: Monkey Business single
Fourth: Mojo's snipets

And then, them album but song by song and in no particular order. Listening somo song several times before going into another song. Doing other things, wrting in the forum, watching the new videos and BBC's perfomance. Now, everthing has been listened except Happy People and that's why I think is one of the best songs from the album and I want to finish this new album era with one of the best songs. I wish it could be the best for me, it'd be a big ending. :lol:

User avatar
y3potential
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy people

#23 Post by y3potential »

ZiggyPSB wrote: Sat 25 Jan 2020, 3:40 pm
nickname wrote: Sat 25 Jan 2020, 2:55 pm It's the only one song I haven't listened from Hotspot yet.

I'll probably listen to it today. I hope I like it. It's supposed to be one of the big gems from the album.
Are you alright?
I could give you my opinion on that question but it's taking every fibre of my being to resist.. :gag: :gag:
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

TallThinMan
Posts: 894
Joined: Sun 04 Jun 2006, 6:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy people

#24 Post by TallThinMan »

nickname wrote: Sat 25 Jan 2020, 3:51 pmAnd then, them album but song by song and in no particular order. Listening somo song several times before going into another song.
Have you thought about listening to the songs on the album in order, as the artist intended?

User avatar
y3potential
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy people

#25 Post by y3potential »

TallThinMan wrote: Sat 25 Jan 2020, 5:15 pm
nickname wrote: Sat 25 Jan 2020, 3:51 pmAnd then, them album but song by song and in no particular order. Listening somo song several times before going into another song.
Have you thought about listening to the songs on the album in order, as the artist intended?
:clap: :clap: :dance: :lol: :lol:

TallThinMan - Today the internet is yours..!
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Nickname
Posts: 6353
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy people

#26 Post by Nickname »

TallThinMan wrote: Sat 25 Jan 2020, 5:15 pm
nickname wrote: Sat 25 Jan 2020, 3:51 pmAnd then, them album but song by song and in no particular order. Listening somo song several times before going into another song.
Have you thought about listening to the songs on the album in order, as the artist intended?
When I listen this song, I'm sure I'll listen the full album in order. But it's not really necessary to do that all the time. You can do it the way you want, it's up to me.

I know y3potential is going to moan about every I do. But it's his problem, not mine.

User avatar
y3potential
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy people

#27 Post by y3potential »

nickname wrote: Sat 25 Jan 2020, 6:18 pm
TallThinMan wrote: Sat 25 Jan 2020, 5:15 pm
nickname wrote: Sat 25 Jan 2020, 3:51 pmAnd then, them album but song by song and in no particular order. Listening somo song several times before going into another song.
Have you thought about listening to the songs on the album in order, as the artist intended?
When I listen this song, I'm sure I'll listen the full album in order. But it's not really necessary to do that all the time. You can do it the way you want, it's up to me.

I know y3potential is going to moan about every I do. But it's his problem, not mine.
AA21364C-3D85-4CCE-9CDA-822DDEA43EC8.jpeg
AA21364C-3D85-4CCE-9CDA-822DDEA43EC8.jpeg (91.48 KiB) Viewed 748 times
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

User avatar
oakey
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat 27 Apr 2013, 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy people

#28 Post by oakey »

Love this song too. Like the nod to REM's Shiny Happy People (the 'People - Happy People' bit)

Nickname
Posts: 6353
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy people

#29 Post by Nickname »

Well, I'm going to listen the song right now.

Dog
Posts: 1651
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy people

#30 Post by Dog »

nickname wrote:Well, I'm going to listen the song right now.
*waits for Nickname’s inevitable disappointment*
Woof.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests