Final results of poll on feelings about the "greatest hits" tour

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
geowayne

Final results of poll on feelings about the "greatest hits" tour

#1 Post by geowayne »

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I asked my site visitors how they feel about the Pet Shop Boys' upcoming tour being a "greatest hits tour." And the response that received the most votes was:

* "It really doesn't matter to me. I'm just pleased they're heading out on tour again, whatever form the show takes," selected by 23.1% of the voters.

To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options from the top navigation bar, or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

Not surprisingly, my new survey for the next two weeks concerns the brand new PSB album, Hotspot. Although it was released only this past Friday, I don't think it's too soon -- especially since the poll will run for two weeks and you can put off voting if you wish -- to ask about your early impression of it. So please check out the possible responses I've listed right there on my home page and pick the one that comes closest to describing how you feel about it.

By the way, I do apologize for not issuing my usual Friday reminder about the pending conclusion of my previous poll. But I was so wrapped up in listening to, thinking about, and writing about the Hotspot songs that it completely slipped my mind. I'm sure you understand. ;-)

Thanks so much to everyone who voted in the previous survey! And I hope you all have a marvelous two weeks ahead!

ZiggyPSB

Re: Final results of poll on feelings about the "greatest hits" tour

#2 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Well Geowayne’s polls have been indefinitely cancelled. Due to obscene amounts of trolling.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

PSBPiggymummy

#3 Post by PSBPiggymummy »

What a total shame is that? Can't comprehend why / how people (adults?) could do that.
:-(

ArtHist

#4 Post by ArtHist »

Just seen the reason. Someone was able to tamper with the results! Why bother?!

ZiggyPSB

#5 Post by ZiggyPSB »

No more polls = the end of the Ratings Project.
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

BoyStrange

#6 Post by BoyStrange »

What will now happen with the Rating Project?!

This is a catastrophe.

geowayne

#7 Post by geowayne »

Regarding The Rating Project -- Have no fear. I do plan on running a Rating Project poll for Hotspot and other recently released songs once we can be fairly confident everyone has had a chance to "digest" the new songs sufficiently to compare them well to older songs. I figure that should be at least a month from now, but probably no more than two months. What gives me hope about that is that the Rating Project polls use a different underlying technology than my "typical" polls. It requires a lot more work on my part (which is why I don't do my polls that way all the time), but I don't mind the extra work for the occasional Rating poll.

Thanks to you all for your interest. And stay tuned! I'll let everyone know here when that Rating Project poll starts -- as I said, at least one month but probably no more than two months from now.

leesmapman

#8 Post by leesmapman »

Any chance on adding a Captcha functionality so that bots can't vote?

geowayne

#9 Post by geowayne »

leesmapman wrote: Wed 29 Jan 2020, 10:24 pm Any chance on adding a Captcha functionality so that bots can't vote?
I'm afraid I have no idea what that is. I'll have to look into it. Thanks.

le petit corbusier

#10 Post by le petit corbusier »

Oh, it's a shame your site was trolled. Why would anyone do that? Your polls and website were (are) a staple of the fandom.
Look left, then right
And run for your life

ZiggyPSB

#11 Post by ZiggyPSB »

I used to see the same name post a topic in the comments. IIRC it was always something snarky.

Mark R.Y.

#12 Post by Mark R.Y. »

I hope a way can be found to continue all polls without trolls and cheaters messing things up. The Geowayne site, and especially its surveys, is a staple of my PSB enthusiasm.

leesmapman

#13 Post by leesmapman »

geowayne wrote:
leesmapman wrote: Wed 29 Jan 2020, 10:24 pm Any chance on adding a Captcha functionality so that bots can't vote?
I'm afraid I have no idea what that is. I'll have to look into it. Thanks.
It's usually a computer-generated image with characters (alfa-numeric) accompanied with a textbox that lets the user fill in those characters. If it's a match, it is ok. The trick is that the generared image is hard to read for computers.

Sent from my SM-J410F using Tapatalk