Annually 2020 + Free CD

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
User avatar
stussyboy
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 11:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#226 Post by stussyboy »

I thought they were a couple?
NewYork London Tokyo LosAngeles

User avatar
Greendrake
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 6:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#227 Post by Greendrake »

stussyboy wrote: Sun 19 Apr 2020, 8:18 am I thought they were a couple?
With the housekeeper?
I've never heard a hint on that, let alone confirmation. Was there any? (apart from mere speculations)

User avatar
vincenzosz
Posts: 777
Joined: Thu 05 Mar 2009, 5:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#228 Post by vincenzosz »

Greendrake wrote: Sun 19 Apr 2020, 4:02 am
jasonjohn wrote: Sun 19 Apr 2020, 2:48 am You pay for the book/magazine. Their only commitment is to that.
Why?
The product page clearly says that the CD "is packaged with this issue". It is part of the product. Customers take that into account when making decision to buy. Should the CD not be included, some may not want to buy the product. PSB commit to deliver both the book and CD for money.

That said, however, I do not support any complaints as to the contents of the CD. The artist commits to deliver music that is just playable, not that you will like it.
Nope. You are wrong. And the arrogance in your posts is palpable.
Annually is what they offer once a year for a price. They put the extra time and effort into producing such a piece of literature to keep the tradition alive and to please their longtime fans. They don’t HAVE to do it. And reasonably they are asking for compensation. The price which for this publication is fairly consistent year to year, and it doesn’t increase when they include bonus items. It’s merely a gift. The fact they even chose to record, mix and produce a physical product would take considerable effort. On top of the fact they’ve already released a lot of material this past year.

Though I don’t often like to acknowledge the ignorant and seethingly ungrateful posts that all too often appear on this forum your implied righteousness was too annoying to not call out.

For God sakes let’s show some gratitude and appreciation to a musical group that treats us very well.

It’s easy to find the negative if you look for it.
The same applies to being positive, it’s a choice.

It’s a tad trite but...happiness is an option.

User avatar
Greendrake
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 6:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#229 Post by Greendrake »

vincenzosz wrote: Sun 19 Apr 2020, 8:47 am You are wrong. ... It’s merely a gift.
Well, that's just a question of law, isn't it?
I'd be happy to offer you a bet which would be resolved by hiring a lawyer. Whoever loses pays the bill.

User avatar
canveyboy
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:38 am
Contact:

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#230 Post by canveyboy »

vincenzosz wrote: Sun 19 Apr 2020, 8:47 am
Greendrake wrote: Sun 19 Apr 2020, 4:02 am
jasonjohn wrote: Sun 19 Apr 2020, 2:48 am You pay for the book/magazine. Their only commitment is to that.
Why?
The product page clearly says that the CD "is packaged with this issue". It is part of the product. Customers take that into account when making decision to buy. Should the CD not be included, some may not want to buy the product. PSB commit to deliver both the book and CD for money.

That said, however, I do not support any complaints as to the contents of the CD. The artist commits to deliver music that is just playable, not that you will like it.
Nope. You are wrong. And the arrogance in your posts is palpable.
Annually is what they offer once a year for a price. They put the extra time and effort into producing such a piece of literature to keep the tradition alive and to please their longtime fans. They don’t HAVE to do it. And reasonably they are asking for compensation. The price which for this publication is fairly consistent year to year, and it doesn’t increase when they include bonus items. It’s merely a gift. The fact they even chose to record, mix and produce a physical product would take considerable effort. On top of the fact they’ve already released a lot of material this past year.

Though I don’t often like to acknowledge the ignorant and seethingly ungrateful posts that all too often appear on this forum your implied righteousness was too annoying to not call out.

For God sakes let’s show some gratitude and appreciation to a musical group that treats us very well.

It’s easy to find the negative if you look for it.
The same applies to being positive, it’s a choice.

It’s a tad trite but...happiness is an option.
Agreed 100%. The book is what we pay our money for. Anything else that comes with the book is an absolute bonus free gift. We’ve been very lucky to have 3 CDs with the 4 editions of Annually so far but it’s certainly not part of the deal that we get a free CD with each issue. I fully expect next year’s edition to have no bonus CD. And that’s fine. It’s not expected and we can’t expect it.

I very much appreciate the effort the boys have made with this. They could have simply chosen to just leave them tracks on the shelf but they graciously decided to release them for us, the hard core fan base. And I love the CD. All 7 tracks. Short and sweet.

Just enjoy it people! What a ride these past few months have brought us! And next Friday? A new b-side and some new remixes!

Can’t wait. Thanks Neil & Chris x
Its taken me all of my life to find you

User avatar
Pod
Posts: 2417
Joined: Wed 27 May 2015, 11:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#231 Post by Pod »

I think some have been in lockdown too long. Just enjoy what is there to be bought. One day it won’t be there...
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

User avatar
daveid
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat 11 Feb 2006, 9:38 am
Contact:

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#232 Post by daveid »

I don't know what you want but I can't give it any more...

User avatar
daveid
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat 11 Feb 2006, 9:38 am
Contact:

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#233 Post by daveid »

raggatwin wrote: Sat 18 Apr 2020, 9:09 pm The card sleeve is not the best quality imo....
No it isn't and the printing on the disc is a bit smudgy. Does look a bit cheap but I'm not complaining. The book itself is gorgeous.

As to a disc in Annually 2021, my gut feeling is there will be one if only to make up for the lack of anything else much in the next year. I think the discs will be a permanent thing now. It's a good way to sate our appetites and release bits and pieces that the broader public won't be interested in. It's a bone they'll throw us once a year and I'm happy to gnaw at it.

User avatar
Flaffer
Posts: 3669
Joined: Wed 05 Nov 2003, 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#234 Post by Flaffer »

It’s not a gift, it is part of what was offered for sale. When Literally was subscription based and was for three copies of the magazine (and nothing else) then yes, CDs, posters. DVDs, wallets were gifts, bonus items. Whilst Literally was a great magazine, gift wise PSB freebies were not that great over the years compared to what Saint Etienne, Erasure, Blur, Suede used to send out to fan club members.
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

gehegu
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed 06 Apr 2016, 2:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#235 Post by gehegu »

Sage wrote: Sun 19 Apr 2020, 7:35 am
jasonjohn wrote: Sun 19 Apr 2020, 2:48 am You pay for the book/magazine. Their only commitment is to that.
Jesus, what country are you from to have that mentality?
I would have figured it would be universal to expect the product that was advertised.
Who are you to speak of the seller's commitment, and why are you defending this?
These people...
I’m not defending anyone, in fact I quite agree with you but c’mon man, having certain personalities doesn’t depend on the country you come from. Leave aside all of that tedious and selfish nationalism.

BlackPanther
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue 15 Sep 2009, 7:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#236 Post by BlackPanther »

canveyboy wrote: Sun 19 Apr 2020, 9:16 am The book is what we pay our money for. Anything else that comes with the book is an absolute bonus free gift.
Wrong.

Annually 2017 with CD: EUR 21,99
Annually 2018 without CD: EUR 18,99
Annually 2019 with CD: EUR 23,00
Annually 2020 with CD: EUR 24,00

Can you see the pattern here? The CD is not free. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, don't misunderstand. But don't claim that you're not paying for the CD, because you are.

User avatar
drunk14
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri 28 Apr 2006, 7:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#237 Post by drunk14 »

What an absorbing discussion...

It's almost as gripping as the other Annually related thread where some of you inform other people roond-the-clock what is the status of their delivery.... And I would also say that's because of the lockdown, but it happens all the time, every year.

It all started from my initial thought about extra CD's quality, so I just want to react to the guy who called me "ridiculous", because I'm not satisfied with the content. Well, perhaps I'am the one you use to call "fan-enemy", but I prefer to have my own standards and be frank with critique than show completely opposite attitude which goes like "Oh, I'm so thankful to God that PSB are still alive - be objective, this is their biggect achievement! And they deliver so many news songs! We, sinful and tiny people, don't deserve those heavenly gifts. We should be happy they exists, no matter how cheap they sound. It's a shame that among us there is a group of those blashphemers who are so nasty and ungrateful. They will burn in hell where the whole Erasure catalogue is endlessly playing". Yes, they put much efforts to produce items like Annually and some extra music. I buy it, because I collect it and trust them. Sometimes the final effect makes me smile, sometimes I'm disappointed. It's a life. And when I'm disppointed I don't give a damn that they are so-and-so.

Please, just get over with the fact that I love this band, I listen to their music since 2002, so I guess that our bond is quite strong. It doesn't automatically mean that I will enjoy every product with their signature on it. Just accept it or discuss it but without bad adjectives towards me. I dont' agree to feel as a traitor.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

NotInvisible
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:58 am
Contact:

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#238 Post by NotInvisible »

Quit yer whining. We've been very fortunate to get three bonus CDs with the four Annually releases. With fans like you, I'm not sure why Neil and Chris even bother. Life's short enough as it is - try to enjoy it for once.

User avatar
minimal
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri 28 Apr 2006, 11:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#239 Post by minimal »

Anyone suggesting that the CD comes free with the book truly lives in a world of their own. I don't even see a point in discussing the matter. It's hilarious. And it's also embarrassing. They sell a product because people pay. NOTHING comes for free. Jesus. What planet are you living on? Embarrassing. Did I mention that it's hilarious?

m+

User avatar
drunk14
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri 28 Apr 2006, 7:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#240 Post by drunk14 »

NotInvisible wrote: Sun 19 Apr 2020, 6:15 pm Quit yer whining. We've been very fortunate to get three bonus CDs with the four Annually releases. With fans like you, I'm not sure why Neil and Chris even bother. Life's short enough as it is - try to enjoy it for once.
I didn't mention that I was unhappy with ALL THREE bonus CD that had been released so far.

Do you want to know why they bother? Because they earn money. This is their work, profession, call it whatever you like. I will stop whinning when you stop being idealist and dreamer.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nickname and 40 guests