Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

Yes, it's a risk for everybody. Let's wait a few months
62%
No, I don't think it's necessary
38%

Total votes: 89

NotInvisible

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#151 Post by NotInvisible »

alig wrote: Mon 16 Mar 2020, 5:15 pmA bunch of brainwashed robots who believe Fox News lies.
A brainwashed robot who believes the lies of FOX News sounds pretty apt. Round of applause for the rare moment of self-reflection.

NotInvisible

#152 Post by NotInvisible »

Spittingcat wrote: Tue 17 Mar 2020, 12:03 pmThat nearly everyone is prepared to make temporary but difficult changes to their working practices and lifestyles, to help to save the lives of other people far more at risk form this virus than they are, is a sign that our society is strong.
Some people lack empathy, and yet are somehow proud of that failing.

Nickname

#153 Post by Nickname »

rashomon wrote: Tue 17 Mar 2020, 2:40 pm The boys have been very prescient

Hotspot ... I don't wanna go out ... Hoping for a miracle
Happy People (living in a sad world)

Future Lover

#154 Post by Future Lover »

Is there anything that's a bannable offense on this forum?

Nickname

#155 Post by Nickname »

alig wrote: Tue 17 Mar 2020, 9:44 am What nobody is taking into consideration: Come next year, are we going to shut down the entire world again because corona 20? Is this gonna be the new normal? Over a virus which virtually almost everybody recovers from? No concert promoter is ever gonna take the risk to plan a tour. We're a bunch of pussies. Our entire society has become weak.
PS: Tom Hanks and his wife have been released from the hospital. They had shown only mild symptoms. And we're shutting down because we're always assuming the worst? That's not how society can function. Life is a risk, we just need to get on with it.
The UK Govt has just confirmed 55,000 people may be infected with Coronavirus.

The UK is expecting up to 20,000 people would be dead by the time all this ends.

Jim

#156 Post by Jim »

I think you'll find it's more than 200,000 deaths expected in the UK by the end of all this. And even that may be a low estimate, tragically. But hey, if some people can use that as an excuse to hate "others" more, than why bother trying to help? So much easier to hate.

Flaffer

#157 Post by Flaffer »

Jim wrote: Tue 17 Mar 2020, 7:08 pm I think you'll find it's more than 200,000 deaths expected in the UK by the end of all this.
On what basis?
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Jim

#158 Post by Jim »

The Imperial College report leaked yesterday, which is contributing to the Government's new approach

retrofuturist

#159 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

It's a terrible time financially to be having a world tour, because you're paying people, whether you get a show on or not and it's not cheap to go on tour.

Given the uncertainty, you can't know whether a show will go ahead or not, even days away. The New Order concert I was scheduled to go to on Sunday was called the Friday night before.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

Dipso

#160 Post by Dipso »

leesmapman wrote: Mon 16 Mar 2020, 10:03 am foxnews... he said OUTSIDE your bubble.
To be fair, Glenn's original link was to an NPR article. NPR and Fox couldn't be more different.
Prick up your ears.

Harry

#161 Post by Harry »

Bringing this back on topic, as it's very depressing to come to a PSB forum and see people arguing about COVID-19 stats and quarantine measures, particularly as you can do that virtually anywhere else on the internet...

With the cancellation of Glastonbury, we should look at Dreamworld, which was slated to start in Berlin on 1 May with thirteen further dates across mainland Europe that month, I think it's almost certain the tour will be postponed.

Goldfrapp have just rescheduled their spring 2020 tour to spring 2021. I think this is the most likely thing for Dreamworld.

We haven't heard yet, but I think the reason for that is the huge logistical challenge of rescheduling a world tour. They'll want to have new dates and venues in place before they make an announcement, which will be an awful lot of work. There will be insurance too. They'll also be looking at how far they have to postpone as it would be doubly disruptive to reschedule twice.

I'm sure nobody on this forum is under the illusion that the Pets themselves are deciding what to do.

Harry
Heaven is possible,
AFTER ALL.

psbfannyc

#162 Post by psbfannyc »

Harry wrote: Wed 18 Mar 2020, 2:54 pm Bringing this back on topic, as it's very depressing to come to a PSB forum and see people arguing about COVID-19 stats and quarantine measures, particularly as you can do that virtually anywhere else on the internet...

With the cancellation of Glastonbury, we should look at Dreamworld, which was slated to start in Berlin on 1 May with thirteen further dates across mainland Europe that month, I think it's almost certain the tour will be postponed.

Goldfrapp have just rescheduled their spring 2020 tour to spring 2021. I think this is the most likely thing for Dreamworld.

We haven't heard yet, but I think the reason for that is the huge logistical challenge of rescheduling a world tour. They'll want to have new dates and venues in place before they make an announcement, which will be an awful lot of work. There will be insurance too. They'll also be looking at how far they have to postpone as it would be doubly disruptive to reschedule twice.

I'm sure nobody on this forum is under the illusion that the Pets themselves are deciding what to do.

Harry
Harry is right...Pet Shop Boys "Greatest Hits"....most certainly NOT in 2020. Not possible with venues already scheduled for 2020 with other acts. That is not the way it works. So, we just have to move on and look to the future. And quite frankly, I seriously doubt the New Pet Shop Order Boys will happen either. Not being negative...it's just the times we live in.

rashomon

#163 Post by rashomon »

Taking whatever positives I can from all of this ....

We may get some more PSB material this year as the focus switches away from touring coupled with a prolonged period of lockdown.
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

PETHEAD72

#164 Post by PETHEAD72 »

Think it'a only a matter of time now before an announcement is made that the tour will be postponed or altogher cancelled
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

rashomon

#165 Post by rashomon »

Yep - all schools to shut and no exams in May / June.

Dreamworld will definitely be called off.
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional