PSB on the Sam Lee "Singing with the Nightingales" live tonight Wed. 22 April 2020 at 10pm BST

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
psbfannyc

PSB on the Sam Lee "Singing with the Nightingales" live tonight Wed. 22 April 2020 at 10pm BST

#1 Post by psbfannyc »

How exciting...in honour of Earth Day 2020...if I have read this correctly...Neil and Chris will be performing live from their "home" on YouTube during this Coronavirus "self isolation" time, tonight, Wednesday, 22 April 2020 starting at 10pm British Summer Time on Sam Lee's "Singing with the Nightingales" show: "taking listeners 'on a journey into the woods of Sussex to hear the unforgettable song of the nightingale'. (Sam Lee) will also be linking up with special guest musicians in their own homes for "real-time improvised duets and poetic offerings". The music will include a piece by PSB from their “My Beautiful Laundrette” music. Link to the broadcast below." But are they performing "live" or is it just a song play from “My Beautiful Laundrette”? I wonder???

https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts ... /earth-day

https://thenestcollective.co.uk/include ... htingales/
Attachments
8a7bc3798f73b1fd0026ddca770b2ac0.jpg
8a7bc3798f73b1fd0026ddca770b2ac0.jpg (450.95 KiB) Viewed 1033 times

psbfannyc

Re: PSB on the Sam Lee "Singing with the Nightingales" live tonight Wed. 22 April 2020 at 10pm BST

#3 Post by psbfannyc »

Oh poor Future Loser...how will she survive?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (102.66 KiB) Viewed 990 times

Future Lover

Re: PSB on the Sam Lee "Singing with the Nightingales" live tonight Wed. 22 April 2020 at 10pm BST

#4 Post by Future Lover »

Maybe next time you could screenshot the "New posts" link in the top right corner. But I guess opening topics without care makes you feel important here! And although I take no offense with the female pronoun, know that I am male.

Suburban_Boy

#5 Post by Suburban_Boy »

Based on how it's written I don't think PSB will be making an appearance and the just the music will be used somehow. I'd be quite happy to be wrong though.

Although, the 2nd link is far more explicit, so maybe they will be after all :dance:
Special guests include:

Pet Shop Boys • Cosmo Sheldrake • Isobel Waller-Bridge • Bernard Butler • Seth Lakeman • Nick Mulvey • Julie Fowlis • Johnny Flynn • Jessie Buckley • John Smith • Jocelyn Pook and Melanie Pappenheim • Sara Nicolls

y3potential

#6 Post by y3potential »

psbfannyc wrote:
Wed 22 Apr 2020, 7:18 pm
Oh poor Future Loser...how will she survive?
Thanks for this information. Please don't be put off posting. Steve the moderator has been made aware of the two rude individuals who are causing unnecessary unhappiness on the forum with their sneering, condescending comments towards others. I've had private messages from several members now about this pair. Hopefully he does something about them, but never feel that your contributions are less worthy than any others.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

leesmapman

#8 Post by leesmapman »

I missed it, is the whole stream available? [edit] nevermind, I found it in the Youtube topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr3CVt5paTM&

Synthrobot

#9 Post by Synthrobot »

Pet Shop Boys start at 2:21:57

Night Sings (Popa's Theme)
Just the one song unfortunately. It fits really well with the vibe of the rest of the presentation.

sonicbleep

#10 Post by sonicbleep »

I guess it was exactly the same as the CD, apart from lots and lots of bird sounds over the top? I was hoping for something a little more live, given the mention of performers, however anything promoting them and a little bit different is all good :-)