Electrozombies: An age old question but what is the best Pet Shop Boys album of all time?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
markrobertnolan

Electrozombies: An age old question but what is the best Pet Shop Boys album of all time?

#1 Post by markrobertnolan »

Electrozombies:

https://electrozombies.com/magazine/art ... lbum-ever/

I happen to agree with this list (apart from that I would put Super ahead of Yes, which Simon Cowell ruined for me by mauling it.)
However, I suspect that this is a list for a wider electronic/electro music fan BASE than just the PSB ballad maniacs, which is not to say I don't love many of them, I do. It is howver PSB whom have taught me tobe so discerning with the quality and this has to apply to their studio albums for me.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

y3potential

Re: Electrozombies: An age old question but what is the best Pet Shop Boys album of all time?

#2 Post by y3potential »

How did Simon Cowell 'ruin' Yes..?
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

OakeyDokey

Re: Electrozombies: An age old question but what is the best Pet Shop Boys album of all time?

#3 Post by OakeyDokey »

Weak Tracks for each album: None. Why bother with that heading at all then ?!!

leesmapman

#4 Post by leesmapman »

Very is not my favourite PSB album, but 2nd to last? O_O

Paninaro2020

#5 Post by Paninaro2020 »

I respect everyone's opinions even if they are wrong :lol: :lol: :wall:

Some very questionable placements, I'd love to know what substances influenced the decisions too
Test The Limits Of Your Inhibition

stopthecar

#6 Post by stopthecar »

OakeyDokey wrote:Weak Tracks for each album: None. Why bother with that heading at all then ?!!
Actually there is one : "God willing"

Acording to this list the only weak track on PSB studio albums.

What did "God willing" do to deserve this?

stopthecar

#7 Post by stopthecar »

Also in what universe is Very their 2nd worst album?

leesmapman

#8 Post by leesmapman »

stopthecar wrote:Also in what universe is Very their 2nd worst album? Image
That's how good they are

Sent from my SM-J410F using Tapatalk

Pod

#9 Post by Pod »

Behaviour at 7? :lol:
Wow - really? I think you’ll find most PSB fans have it a lot higher than that. All subjective I suppose...
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

vincenzosz

#10 Post by vincenzosz »

If there’s one thing this forums shows us is even with a shared love of PSB there is a great variety in tastes when it comes to their songs and albums.

I absolutely LOVE their music but there’s a great majority I don’t care for. I won’t go too deep into that but I think Very is terrible (and I know it’s considered one of their best), and I don’t really love any of their albums in the way they compiled them. I have favourite eras, but I often will swap tracks out for b sides, etc and rearrange tracks to make my own album.

So to each his own. Their catalogue is so diverse there’s something for every type of PSB fan.

It can be two things

#11 Post by It can be two things »

y3potential wrote: Thu 12 Nov 2020, 5:26 pm How did Simon Cowell 'ruin' Yes..?
Maybe in the sense that his influence on music, the music industry, popular taste and the cultural zeitgeist has been uniformly negative, rather in any kind of direct ruination?

PSBForTheMasses

#12 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

It can be two things wrote: Wed 18 Nov 2020, 12:30 pm
y3potential wrote: Thu 12 Nov 2020, 5:26 pm How did Simon Cowell 'ruin' Yes..?
Maybe in the sense that his influence on music, the music industry, popular taste and the cultural zeitgeist has been uniformly negative, rather in any kind of direct ruination?
Does that mean Yes would not exist without Simon Cowell's influence? To me, Yes is another typical PSB album in every sense of it despite a new production team, only more poppier than some of its predecessors and it is not a drastically fantastic or terrible deviation/ change of direction from their entire cannon.

jasonjohn

#13 Post by jasonjohn »

One weak album track in their entire career!