Live 8

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Zeus On The Loose

#481 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

jamie1978 wrote:
It doesnt give me any comfort to think that Chris is HIV+, it's just something that, unfortunately, I believe to be true.
Yes, and you are free to believe so, as much as I am free to believe it's a rather tasteless and inconsiderate remark to post in a public discussion board.

Oh, and claiming *anything* about someone else *without proof*, regardless if it's about their health or if they dye their hair *is* sueable and constitutes slander and lible.
Does cameos only.

jamie1978

#482 Post by jamie1978 »

Zeus On The Loose wrote:
No, it's not assumption.

a.There are ways to protect oneself from a poz partner. Basically, the same ones people use to protect themselves when sleeping with anyone else. There are and always have been poz/neg couples e.g George and Anselmo.

b.Being photographed leaving a HIV clinic *once* is as much proof as leaving a children's hospital is proof he had chicken pox.

c.Official statement and threats of legal action are *fact* not assumption.

d.Living in London while I live in Athens makes you more of an authority on some pop star's health? Erm, ok...
Clearly I've touched a nerve.

Of course there are ways to protect yourself - but you may only act on that if you know that your partner is HIV+, and many people do not. Official statements are not 'fact' - how naive. Andy Bell, anyone?

You are perfectly entitled to believe what you want to believe. As am I. And I believe Chris is HIV+ for the reasons/assumptions I've already mentioned.

jamie1978

#483 Post by jamie1978 »

Zeus On The Loose wrote:
jamie1978 wrote:
It doesnt give me any comfort to think that Chris is HIV+, it's just something that, unfortunately, I believe to be true.
Yes, and you are free to believe so, as much as I am free to believe it's a rather tasteless and inconsiderate remark to post in a public discussion board.

Oh, and claiming *anything* about someone else *without proof*, regardless if it's about their health or if they dye their hair *is* sueable and constitutes slander and lible.
Well, you seem quite able to assume and state and that;

I am a 'London clubland queen'
and
It makes me 'feel better about myself' to talk about someones health problems

Where is your proof regarding this?

Perhaps I should call my lawyers.

Pot/Kettle.

Kandu

#484 Post by Kandu »

paninaro28 wrote:
agent doris wrote:Was I the only one to see the complete gig??? It was shown on BBC1 interactive !!!! Although the sound went half way through Left to my own devices and came back on in the middle of Go west. Can't complain though! What a great way to spend a sunny saturday evening !!!!
i saw the whole lot...even managed to record it all onto dvd.
It is time...

J.

dVTB

#485 Post by dVTB »

*sigh* This is a topic about Live 8, not about Chris being HIV positive or negative. I would really appreciate it if people stay more on-topic and open new threads for other discussions. People open this thread to read about Live 8, not for discussions about Chris' health.

Zeus On The Loose

#486 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

jamie1978 wrote: Clearly I've touched a nerve.
Not really, since I have never known anyone or known/heard of anyone who was/is poz or has died of AIDS in real life.
Of course there are ways to protect yourself - but you may only act on that if you know that your partner is HIV+, and many people do not. Official statements are not 'fact' - how naive. Andy Bell, anyone?
Andy Bell had never issued an official statement that he wasn't positive. I knew quite a while before the announcement that he was because I have a friend who's mates with the ex-girlfriend of Johnny who used to run the Erasure Information Service btw.

I don't understand how you may only act on that if you know your partner is HIV+. I have *never* had unprotected sex, even with a steady partner, because one can never be too sure if the other person doesn't sleep around and/or if he's careful. Having safer sex with a poz, neg, or someone of an undisclosed status puts you in the exact same danger of contracting the virus.
You are perfectly entitled to believe what you want to believe. As am I. And I believe Chris is HIV+ for the reasons/assumptions I've already mentioned.
You don't know what I believe but it's tasteless and inconsiderate of you to post something like that here.
Last edited by Zeus On The Loose on Mon 04 Jul 2005, 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Does cameos only.

Zeus On The Loose

#487 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

jamie1978 wrote: Well, you seem quite able to assume and state and that;

I am a 'London clubland queen'
and
It makes me 'feel better about myself' to talk about someones health problems

Where is your proof regarding this?

Perhaps I should call my lawyers.

Pot/Kettle.
Erm, no. I wasn't refering to you. Chris's status has been London clubland gossip for years and there are queens who like to discuss such matters in order to feel better about themselves.

And even if I had made assumptions/claims about you, which I hadn't, I'm stating them directly in your face and you have the chance and position to answer back and stand by for yourself, which Chris most certainly can't do.
Does cameos only.

jamie1978

#488 Post by jamie1978 »

Zeus On The Loose wrote:
Erm, no. I wasn't refering to you. Chris's status has been London clubland gossip for years and there are queens who like to discuss such matters in order to feel better about themselves.

And even if I had made assumptions/claims about you, which I hadn't, I'm stating them directly in your face and you have the chance and position to answer back and stand by for yourself, which Chris most certainly can't do.
Zues - this is a discussion board. If you dont like people talking openly and expressing opinions, or even making assumptions, I suggest you emigrate to North Korea or mainland China.

Zeus On The Loose

#489 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

Did I tell you to 'shut up'? Nope. I only just said that it was a tasteless and inconsiderate comment to make and you have spent the entire morning trying to persuade me that it wasn't.

Well, you won't...

And you didn't say so in an expressing an opinion manner. You didn't say that you believe Chris is poz. You said it's common knowledge that he is.

Well, it's not...
Does cameos only.

canveyboy

#490 Post by canveyboy »

paninaro28 wrote:
agent doris wrote:Was I the only one to see the complete gig??? It was shown on BBC1 interactive !!!! Although the sound went half way through Left to my own devices and came back on in the middle of Go west. Can't complain though! What a great way to spend a sunny saturday evening !!!!
i saw the whole lot...even managed to record it all onto dvd.
can you burn copies onto dvd? i will send you a blank dvd and pay for P&P

jamie1978

#491 Post by jamie1978 »

Zeus On The Loose wrote:Did I tell you to 'shut up'? Nope. I only just said that it was a tasteless and inconsiderate comment to make and you have spent the entire morning trying to persuade me that it wasn't.

Well, you won't...

And you didn't say so in an expressing an opinion manner. You didn't say that you believe Chris is poz. You said it's common knowledge that he is.

Well, it's not...
As I've always said - you are welcome to believe what you want.

But actually, you told me I 'should not comment' on anything without being in reciept of all the facts. This is a rule you rarely, if ever, follow yourself.

I must say that from the King of Generalisations, being told to be in reciept of facts is quite amusing.

PS - Its common knowledge that Chris is HIV+ ;)

Zeus On The Loose

#492 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

Well, it's one thing to generalise about I Should Be So Lucky being the best record ever made and another to do so about someone's health.

Read back. I only told you it was tasteless/inconsiderate and that one *could* be sued for slander/lible for comments such as yours since you can't prove your claims, in the 'democratic' west and not China. Stop twisting my words, it's *clear* you've lost this arguement so stop twatting already :P
Does cameos only.

Dreamcatcher2003

#493 Post by Dreamcatcher2003 »

jamie1978 wrote:
Zeus On The Loose wrote:
jamie1978 wrote: Yeah, facial thinning/fat redistribution is a fairly common side effect of HIV drug therapy. Some patients have cosmetic surgery to correct it.

I'm sure the PSB performance will be on the DVD when it is released through EMI.
That's a *really* tasteless and inconsiderate thing to say.
Dont be silly - why is it tasteless? Its common knowledge that Chris is HIV+, I was just being factual.
Let's focus on micro-cosmos here...let alone London gossips:

You and me seem to have registered with this forum around the same time. First question: Such a common knowledge has ever been discussed in this forum? I have never seen one. But assuming I skipped (sometimes I cannot be online for weeks due to my job), I am sure you or Zeus or, say, Lethe/ Janet who are way older than me here should remember that topic. If there was, I would like to see it.

Second: I don't know Aimoo (or whatever that was) days so this should also be a topic there if it is such a "common knowledge". Was there? There are many ex-Aimoo members here. They can tell one thing or two.

I don't think this is a taboo so if there was any slight substantial basis, it would be discussed here.. What color socks Neil wears or who was the man standing right across Chris in a party is all known and discussed.

Has Chris agreed it as Andy Bell did? No...at least according to Zeus, who seems to have grounded information in this kind of "fact-based" information, sales, figures, when and who did what said etc. So I tend to believe him cause I have not heard anything like that.

It seems to me this is not a "common knowledge". And saying something is not a nice thing. Not at all...
The CELL by Stephen King instantly hit number 1 in New York Times Bookseller Lists selling well over 200 thousand copies in three weeks. This affirms my opinion: People really need an occassional good horror read...

Flaffer

#494 Post by Flaffer »

it's quite sweet that he donates to childrens hospitals and stuff and doesn't publicise this, where did you hear about it ? It sort of goes against the self serving nature of Live 8 and gives you hope that not all celebs are attention seeking whores.
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Dipso

#495 Post by Dipso »

Dreamcatcher2003 wrote:
It seems to me this is not a "common knowledge". And saying something is not a nice thing. Not at all...
It was first rumoured in UK tabloids about 10 years ago.
Prick up your ears.