What's your opinion about that?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Nickname

What's your opinion about that?

#1 Post by Nickname »

Trevor Horn and PSB are working together and probably Trevor Horn is going to give them some ideas about the album.
TH used to like making long versions of the songs (Left To My Own Devices) or dividing any song in part 1 & part 2 (like Seal's albums).

What's your opinion about it?, Would you like something like that in a PSB album?

glennjridge

#2 Post by glennjridge »

in moderation it might be cool for 1 or 2 songs. but otherwise I like the usual standard 3 or 4 minute pop songs.

Nickname

#3 Post by Nickname »

glennjridge wrote:in moderation it might be cool for 1 or 2 songs. but otherwise I like the usual standard 3 or 4 minute pop songs.
Yeah, I am agree. I think it could be nice, at least for one or two songs.

Chrispsb

Re: What's your opinion about that?

#4 Post by Chrispsb »

nickname wrote:Would you like something like that in a PSB album?
No. And I hope that he does not influence them THAT much.

Nickname

Re: What's your opinion about that?

#5 Post by Nickname »

Chrispsb wrote:
nickname wrote:Would you like something like that in a PSB album?
No. And I hope that he does not influence them THAT much.
ç

Well, Left to my own devices wasn't a bad thing.

joeythecat

#6 Post by joeythecat »

The Belle and sebastian record wasn't too out there... Who knows the new album may sound like ELO

Jack

#7 Post by Jack »

I certainly don't think it's bad thing.

I wonder what Stephen Hague is up to these days...

Nickname

#8 Post by Nickname »

joeythecat wrote:The Belle and sebastian record wasn't too out there... Who knows the new album may sound like ELO
According to Neil, Trevor Horn wanted the new album sounded like Pink Floyd.

#9 Post by Guest »

nickname wrote:
glennjridge wrote:in moderation it might be cool for 1 or 2 songs. but otherwise I like the usual standard 3 or 4 minute pop songs.
i agree as well, maybe more than 2 or 3 songs would be a bit boring (??) :roll:

Ghost within this house

#10 Post by Ghost within this house »

I have a sneaky feeling we're going to get something a little different in terms of format to previous albums.

After all, not only are they 'Floyding it up' with TH, but they've also done a number of Electro style tracks with Drama Society..

What about a 2x6-track LP on 2 CDs? Like Introspective twice over?

If their mandate is to write less personally, and more about 'the world', then their strict adherence to the four-minute pop-song may no longer be as relevant.

I would love some kind of 'sonic Odyssey' - i.e. great pop songs but with extended intros/'dreamlike' middle sections etc...

However, I don't want 'dance mixes'.

Would be interested to hear what others think about this idea..
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

Kandu

#11 Post by Kandu »

It is great to hear they are working again with Trevor Horn and such kind of producers.

Working with the latest trendy dj and that sort of things seemed not to have worked properly in the last 10 years.

Jose

Aaron

#12 Post by Aaron »

Ghost within this house wrote:I have a sneaky feeling we're going to get something a little different in terms of format to previous albums.

After all, not only are they 'Floyding it up' with TH, but they've also done a number of Electro style tracks with Drama Society..

What about a 2x6-track LP on 2 CDs? Like Introspective twice over?

If their mandate is to write less personally, and more about 'the world', then their strict adherence to the four-minute pop-song may no longer be as relevant.

I would love some kind of 'sonic Odyssey' - i.e. great pop songs but with extended intros/'dreamlike' middle sections etc...

Would be interested to hear what others think about this idea..
I hope you are right.

glennjridge

#13 Post by glennjridge »

I think despite all the speculation, the product we end up with when they release their new CD will be......
the usual fair. probably about 10 tracks with 8 being the usual PSB songs with maybe 2 oddball tracks that sound like something new or diffrent. not the drastic change some might think.
and thats fine by me.

psb-freak

#14 Post by psb-freak »

*Jealousy* wrote:
nickname wrote:
i agree as well, maybe more than 2 or 3 songs would be a bit boring (??) :roll:
I remember in one PSB documentary (maybe it was Really) Trevor Horn said that Chris didn´t like some orchestral part they were recording at all and Chris was so furious. But maybe he´ll do good job.
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

#15 Post by Guest »

Ghost within this house wrote: I would love some kind of 'sonic Odyssey' - i.e. great pop songs but with extended intros/'dreamlike' middle sections etc...

I totally agree :up: anyway, didn't they say it's going to be a sort of "epic cd"?? :wink: