no Liverpool gigs this last few years?

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
pisces

no Liverpool gigs this last few years?

#1 Post by pisces »

i know they can't play everywhere but this surprises me seeing as they have so many fans there
and the venue is a perfect size.

apologies if this has been asked/ mentioned before!

x

PETHEAD72

Re: no Liverpool gigs this last few years?

#2 Post by PETHEAD72 »

I can explain why.....the crowd at the echo arena on the PANDEMONIUM tour had no life in them,it was quite unbelievable how most of the fans that were in the standing section did exactly just that...STAND!,apart from me and my mate who travelled from edinburgh for the show
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

ZiggyPSB

#3 Post by ZiggyPSB »

PETHEAD72 wrote:I can explain why.....the crowd at the echo arena on the PANDEMONIUM tour had no life in them,it was quite unbelievable how most of the fans that were in the standing section did exactly just that...STAND!,apart from me and my mate who travelled from edinburgh for the show
Sorry for those who want to see PSB up close but have to be shoved around by overzealous crowd goers. I've experienced that at Madness late last year and my brother and I agreed that next time we see Madness we're going to sit.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Flaffer

#4 Post by Flaffer »

PSB go where they have a decent offer to go. If the crowd stand around but its financially profitable I'm sure they'll do it
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

ladywulfrunia

#5 Post by ladywulfrunia »

One of the best shows I ever saw was the Summer Pops show in Liverpool in 2006. Absolutely unreal atmosphere in a temporary tent by the docks! Would love them to come back to Liverpool.

Pod

#6 Post by Pod »

I was at that gig and enjoyed it too. I doubt they'll play Liverpool as they almost always play Manchester (and this time Blackpool) and they are close enough. I have the same problem as I live in Sheffield and want them to play here, but with Leeds and Nottingham playing I doubt they will.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Drico One

#7 Post by Drico One »

ladywulfrunia wrote: Sat 25 Feb 2017, 12:33 am One of the best shows I ever saw was the Summer Pops show in Liverpool in 2006. Absolutely unreal atmosphere in a temporary tent by the docks! Would love them to come back to Liverpool.
Yes, it is up there in my all-time top PSB gigs list - not that I have one, of course - along with Dublin, 1991, Dublin, 2007, Berlin Tempodrom 2009, and Berlin Tempodrom 2016.

The second Dublin show was also in a tent and the Tempodrom looks like a tent, so perhaps there is the key ingredient of a great PSB show...

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

No Muscle Mary

#8 Post by No Muscle Mary »

Drico One wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2017, 5:59 pm
ladywulfrunia wrote: Sat 25 Feb 2017, 12:33 am One of the best shows I ever saw was the Summer Pops show in Liverpool in 2006. Absolutely unreal atmosphere in a temporary tent by the docks! Would love them to come back to Liverpool.
Yes, it is up there in my all-time top PSB gigs list - not that I have one, of course - along with Dublin, 1991, Dublin, 2007, Berlin Tempodrom 2009, and Berlin Tempodrom 2016.

The second Dublin show was also in a tent and the Tempodrom looks like a tent, so perhaps there is the key ingredient of a great PSB show...

Drico.
Tents? Nah. Too camp.

:mrgreen:
Churlicious