God Willing - rough mix / Saving tracks from official site

Q&As about collecting and collections, items and value of PSB related material. Discuss new and old PSB collector items.
Riikka

#16 Post by Riikka »

Vince wrote:Do we have to be so open about all this??? Next thing you know, we wont have any new tracks on the OS.
I guess PMs should be enough to give the hint..

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD!!!
I don't see any problem there. It is not illegal to download the tracks from the official site, as it is a legal source. Pet Shop Boys wouldn't put their songs there at all, if they wanted to be so sure that fans didn't get anything for free...

Those tracks are downloaded automatically onto your computer, so in fact you are doing it anyway... :D

Vince

#17 Post by Vince »

^^And once Neil finds that out, they're gonna remove it :) i hope that part is clear as well ;)
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.
S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.

My Poems:
http://wordsunchained.blogspot.com/

yves

#18 Post by yves »

TallThinMan wrote:
Not possible here !

I use a Mac and it plays with Quicktime plugin. I can only save it to my harddisk when I buy Quicktime 7 Pro.

Are there other Mac-users who can save it without Quicktime 7 Pro ?
See my answer in this topic: viewtopic.php?t=17691&postdays=0&postor ... &start=420
Thank you very much TallThinMan !!!

IT WORKS !!!
This must be the place I waited years to leave

whateverman42

#19 Post by whateverman42 »

Those links that put the files through media player were great, but how do you know which song is what number, like My Girl was 638?

Grover

#20 Post by Grover »

whateverman42 wrote:Those links that put the files through media player were great, but how do you know which song is what number, like My Girl was 638?
Because you first listen to them on the official site and after that they are put into your Temp Internet Folder on your PC. Then you click on them in this folder and you hear what song it is. So then you know what number belongs to which song.

TallThinMan

#21 Post by TallThinMan »

I use Firebug to find out the file name by viewing the HTTP request: http://www.getfirebug.com/

Riikka

#22 Post by Riikka »

I don't know why people don't take the easy way and use the Real Player Downloader. Then you don't have to search for file numbers or temporary internet folders. :roll:

TallThinMan

#23 Post by TallThinMan »

Riikka wrote:I don't know why people don't take the easy way and use the Real Player Downloader. Then you don't have to search for file numbers or temporary internet folders. :roll:
Probably something to do with the amount of crap that Real Player installs on your computer, not to mention its dreadful user interface! Give me curl anyday!

james23_uk

#24 Post by james23_uk »

Believe it or not I actually listen to this track in reverse. In my opinion it makes it even better and I just love the minor chord changes this creates towards the end as it fades away to the bird singing. Bliss!
at rock bottom :wall:

sneakythesnake

#25 Post by sneakythesnake »

Riikka wrote:I don't know why people don't take the easy way and use the Real Player Downloader. Then you don't have to search for file numbers or temporary internet folders. :roll:
I actually think it's ok to use.Very easy to transfer stuff on to the iPod! :D

One of the crowd

#26 Post by One of the crowd »

james23_uk wrote:Believe it or not I actually listen to this track in reverse. In my opinion it makes it even better and I just love the minor chord changes this creates towards the end as it fades away to the bird singing. Bliss!
Marvellous!!

Back in the days of drum and bass, I used to play em @ 33 instead of 45 to get that Trip Hop feel!!

Enigma's Return To Innocence is also great sped up!

Riikka

#27 Post by Riikka »

james23_uk wrote:Believe it or not I actually listen to this track in reverse. In my opinion it makes it even better and I just love the minor chord changes this creates towards the end as it fades away to the bird singing. Bliss!
Oh thanks for mentioning. It really sounds nice reversed! :D

Simon

#28 Post by Simon »

I must be thick but I can't find the files on vista

Fugitive1979

#29 Post by Fugitive1979 »

Simon wrote:I must be thick but I can't find the files on vista
That's because Vista is a three-headed monster that has eaten them, renamed them, had Bill Gates' children by them, and will then give you a message saying something along the lines of, "Do you really want to do that?" about 43534 times before it lets you access it.

Then your computer will crash.
:| :o

!

#30 Post by ! »

They don't load / save as MP3s anymore for me but MPEGs :o :? :(