Questions on official site

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
psb-freak

#16 Post by psb-freak »

verymaryPK wrote:
Naughty Zoot wrote:
verymaryPK wrote:I've been gone for a few years. Who's doing the official site now? Where is Redman? Is he still involved?
WELCOME BACK !! What have you been up to?
Hi Naughty one! I drifted away from the fandom some time after Disco 3, I think.
Wb. :D So you got fed up with Disco3 ? :lol:
I actually do miss the questions section.
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

Flaffer

#17 Post by Flaffer »

dVTB wrote: Besides that, there's already a question feature in Literally; the fan club magazine..
so you get a chance for some answers every 18 months
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

psbste

#18 Post by psbste »

Some fans on the forum (www.tennant-lowe.com) have sent in some questions and Neil has answered some of them:

** 9/6/06 **

*Are the b sides, such as Resurrectionist , and Girls Dont cry other tracks that you contemplated for this album ? or are they from previous recordings for other albums?
They were written at the same time as many of the songs on "Fundamental" but we didn't think they fitted on the album.

*Why does japan get rare tracks on each albums and we miss out in the UK?
[b]In Japan, domestic releases are more expensive than foreign imports so they always get something extra to make the domestic release more attractive.[/b]

*Fugitive is fantastic. Will this be a single?
No.

*A few years back you performed Philadelphia for the TV show Re-Covered. Is there anychance ever that this could be released as a B-side or a single. It's an incredibly moving song, and your version was awesome.... please please please.
We might record it sometime but Chris doesn't think our arrangement was good enough.

*Will the wonderful PSB touch the italian shores before 2007?
We're hoping to be doing a TV show in Italy during the summer.

*What on earth ever happened to Jack Bond, the bloke who directed the HEART video and then went on to "oversee" that fine, fine cinematic production from the late 1980s, "It couldn't happen here"? He appears briefly in the HEART video and then...?
I haven't seen him for years but I think he still directs commercials and TV films.

*Will you ever come to Bristol to do a performance?
We came twice on the Release tour so I hope we may come next year.
*Is 'Integral' partly inspired by a book called 'We' by Evgeni Zamyatin besides ID cards?
No, it's not.

*Are you comming to Russia in the next tour?
I hope so , but no plans at the moment.

*Will you be in South America (Argentina or Brazil, or -why not- Uruguay) during the Fundamental Tour?
Yes, but I don't know which countries.

*Discovery Tour on DVD?

We have planned to release "Discovery", "It couldn't happen here" and the complete 1989 tour film (directed by Derek Jarman) on DVD in the next few years. But please be patient...

*Will we ever have a live cd?
Maybe the BBC Radio 2 concert.

*Why is there no remix CD for I'm With Stupid available? Will this become the norm from now on, or can we expect to see the remixes issued on CD in some markets for the Fundamental singles?
One of the formats of "Minimal" will include remixes.

Have you considered making rarities compilation CDs for the fanclub? Perhaps the "download only" remixes could be sold as fanclub CD EPs?
We are thinking about a function like this online.

*Do you have in plans concert in Poland?
Yes on September 10th in Warsaw.

*Do you still have the intention to make big concert with big theatrical tricks when touring?
The new tour is quite theatrical!

*What is happening with Nightlife Further Listening?
It was postponed by Parlophone. It will be released at some point though.

*Will there be a Closer to Heaven-further listening?
Those tracks would be on the "Nightlife" Further Listening CD.

*Will Sylvia Mason-James go on the Fundamental tour?
She will along with two other vocalists.

*What will happen to 'Bright young things'? It's a masterpiece, one of the best PSB songs ever.
Thanks. It will probably be a bonus track on a single this year.

*Integral should be single, don't you think so?

Yes, I do. But I think about half the tracks on the album could be singles...

Riikka

#19 Post by Riikka »

Nice answers from Neil!
Though I'd like to read a punch of newer questions answered by him.

It annoys me that there's no contact possibility on the official site. No contact to the webmaster or PSB (I wouldn't expect a direct contact to them, but someone should take questions from the fans and regularly give the Boys short lists to answer to).
Otherwise I'm very contented in the site's contents.

psbste

#20 Post by psbste »

Riikka wrote:Nice answers from Neil!
Though I'd like to read a punch of newer questions answered by him.

It annoys me that there's no contact possibility on the official site. No contact to the webmaster or PSB (I wouldn't expect a direct contact to them, but someone should take questions from the fans and regularly give the Boys short lists to answer to).
Otherwise I'm very contented in the site's contents.
True...

Lydia is awaiting an answer from Chris about some questions ... have to see if an answer if any comes this way....

Rusty

#21 Post by Rusty »

verymaryPK wrote:I've been gone for a few years. Who's doing the official site now? Where is Redman? Is he still involved?
Hail Mary! Good to see you back ! :D

dVTB

#22 Post by dVTB »

Flaffer wrote:
dVTB wrote: Besides that, there's already a question feature in Literally; the fan club magazine..
so you get a chance for some answers every 18 months
Yup, but that's what you can decide to pay or not to pay for. I'm no longer subscribed because I'm not interested to read 6 months later that Numb was a single in October 2006 and that Concrete was released. Really relevant information from Literally is immediately discussed here, so I'm not missing much.

If you don't keep the questions exclusive for Literally, its value is even less...

Pet Shop Girl

#23 Post by Pet Shop Girl »

Maybe they will add their Section Questions again on this new site.

TheGardner

#24 Post by TheGardner »

Pet Shop Girl wrote:Maybe they will add their Section Questions again on this new site.
No, they won't do it! Believe me!

Deschanel

#25 Post by Deschanel »

Thanks to psbste for those Q/As..

Big welcome back to VeryMary! Wonderful to "see" you.
:)

I don't blame PSB for not doing Q/As. There was always some funny/interesting asides and answers, but I think with the avalanche of questions, and the trolls, it became a chore.

Plus, I imagine there was a feeling that when celebrities are too accessible, it diminishes their stardom. Because people will take advantage, and it's never enough. Better to pull a Garbo and retain the mystery. Up-and-coming bands can benefit from being in touch with their fans, but to accomplished artists, it might feel like a step down.

It's part too of why I agree with the feeling that Neil does mistrust/has mixed feelings about the Internet, for a variety of complex reasons. File-sharing for one; but in a world where all of us can be googled by our real names, it must be daunting too that every silly quip you made to Smash Hits in 1987 is instantly accessible- twelve inch plonkers and all..

BrilliantPSB

#26 Post by BrilliantPSB »

nice to see you back, VeryMary ! =)
Neil Tennant has a great voice, Chris Lowe has great silence.

Pet Shop Girl

#27 Post by Pet Shop Girl »

Well gardner, I am sure that airside won't be adding that anytime soon. Just a thought. :lol:

glennjridge

#28 Post by glennjridge »

I always thought the problem was overkill. they should have just limited it to say 10 questions.

Its easy to see why neil and chris probably felt it became a job after awhile.

diana

#29 Post by diana »

Janet Street-Porter wrote:
dVTB wrote:Face it: the fans questions were hardly interesting and Neil & Chris weren't going to reveal important release information thanks to fans questions. The level of the questions was mostly embarrassing. Besides that, there's already a question feature in Literally; the fan club magazine.
Well, I certainly learnt more about Neil from his answers than from a picture of him standing in Mexico entitled 'Neil in Mexico'.
Jealous?

Dreaming of the Queen
visiting for tea
You and her and I
and Lady Di

Sandy Shaw

Re:

#30 Post by Sandy Shaw »

psbste wrote:Some fans on the forum (http://www.tennant-lowe.com) have sent in some questions and Neil has answered some of them:

** 9/6/06 **

*Are the b sides, such as Resurrectionist , and Girls Dont cry other tracks that you contemplated for this album ? or are they from previous recordings for other albums?
They were written at the same time as many of the songs on "Fundamental" but we didn't think they fitted on the album.

*Why does japan get rare tracks on each albums and we miss out in the UK?
[b]In Japan, domestic releases are more expensive than foreign imports so they always get something extra to make the domestic release more attractive.[/b]

*Fugitive is fantastic. Will this be a single?
No.

*A few years back you performed Philadelphia for the TV show Re-Covered. Is there anychance ever that this could be released as a B-side or a single. It's an incredibly moving song, and your version was awesome.... please please please.
We might record it sometime but Chris doesn't think our arrangement was good enough.

*Will the wonderful PSB touch the italian shores before 2007?
We're hoping to be doing a TV show in Italy during the summer.

*What on earth ever happened to Jack Bond, the bloke who directed the HEART video and then went on to "oversee" that fine, fine cinematic production from the late 1980s, "It couldn't happen here"? He appears briefly in the HEART video and then...?
I haven't seen him for years but I think he still directs commercials and TV films.

*Will you ever come to Bristol to do a performance?
We came twice on the Release tour so I hope we may come next year.
*Is 'Integral' partly inspired by a book called 'We' by Evgeni Zamyatin besides ID cards?
No, it's not.

*Are you comming to Russia in the next tour?
I hope so , but no plans at the moment.

*Will you be in South America (Argentina or Brazil, or -why not- Uruguay) during the Fundamental Tour?
Yes, but I don't know which countries.

*Discovery Tour on DVD?

We have planned to release "Discovery", "It couldn't happen here" and the complete 1989 tour film (directed by Derek Jarman) on DVD in the next few years. But please be patient...

*Will we ever have a live cd?
Maybe the BBC Radio 2 concert.

*Why is there no remix CD for I'm With Stupid available? Will this become the norm from now on, or can we expect to see the remixes issued on CD in some markets for the Fundamental singles?
One of the formats of "Minimal" will include remixes.

Have you considered making rarities compilation CDs for the fanclub? Perhaps the "download only" remixes could be sold as fanclub CD EPs?
We are thinking about a function like this online.

*Do you have in plans concert in Poland?
Yes on September 10th in Warsaw.

*Do you still have the intention to make big concert with big theatrical tricks when touring?
The new tour is quite theatrical!

*What is happening with Nightlife Further Listening?
It was postponed by Parlophone. It will be released at some point though.

*Will there be a Closer to Heaven-further listening?
Those tracks would be on the "Nightlife" Further Listening CD.

*Will Sylvia Mason-James go on the Fundamental tour?
She will along with two other vocalists.

*What will happen to 'Bright young things'? It's a masterpiece, one of the best PSB songs ever.
Thanks. It will probably be a bonus track on a single this year.

*Integral should be single, don't you think so?

Yes, I do. But I think about half the tracks on the album could be singles...
In Literally 33 received today, Neil has confirmed that 'Integral' is partly inspired by Zamyatin's novel! This was in response to a question from yours truly 'Sandy Shaw', going under the boring guise of 'Andrew, Hounslow'!
What's for supper?