Where stands Elysium?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
wieske

Where stands Elysium?

#1 Post by wieske »

If I'm right, this was the last time Neil signed an EMI contract (2007). Does anyone exactly know for how much more albums he signed?
If he for example signed for five more albums, in which place stands the upcoming Elysium? Any ideas?
Don't give me all your northern pain
Don't sell me New York in the rain
Let's leave our promises behind
Rewind and try again

Ghost within this house

Re: Where stands Elysium?

#2 Post by Ghost within this house »

Disco 4 / Yes / Ultimate / TMIT / Format / Elysium.

I think it was a 5-album deal. So Elysium ..... brings that to an end - unless TMIT doesn't count, in which case there's one more?
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

Danimal

#3 Post by Danimal »

But what counts as an album?

wieske

#4 Post by wieske »

Ghost within this house wrote:Disco 4 / Yes / Ultimate / TMIT / Format / Elysium.

I think it was a 5-album deal. So Elysium ..... brings that to an end - unless TMIT doesn't count, in which case there's one more?
Think it was indeed a 5-album deal. Could be indeed the case that Elysium it brings to an end (we had already Disco 4, Ultimate, Yes, Format). Hope they will get and sign a new contract soon...
Don't give me all your northern pain
Don't sell me New York in the rain
Let's leave our promises behind
Rewind and try again

Undertaker

#5 Post by Undertaker »

Pandemonium.

Ghost within this house

#6 Post by Ghost within this house »

Ah yes... but now I'm thinking it was a 7 album deal?
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

tottenhammattspurs

#7 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Can you imagine any artist, 20 years into their career, signing a new SEVEN album deal?! It's brilliant and yet remarkable. Many artists now wont even get to seven albums.
is is and isnt isnt

JJ Naas

#8 Post by JJ Naas »

tottenhammattspurs wrote:Can you imagine any artist, 20 years into their career, signing a new SEVEN album deal?! It's brilliant and yet remarkable. Many artists now wont even get to seven albums.
Hard to say how many of current artists will get to seven albums, but I agree anyway.

The appreciation for PSB varies from one country to another, but (just to give my perspective) in Finland it seems to be much more ok now to like PSB than it was at the end of the 90's. By then they were considered has-beens (and a gay band), and now they get appreciated because they're still around and being considered as a gay band is no longer an issue. It actually gives them some extra credibility.

The hipsters, as much as you may hate the concept of "an ironic mustache", do deserve some credit, because all my hipster friends LOVE The Boys, and not even ironically. They're the ones who're DJ:ing the clubs now and it's quite common to hear the first Disco album being played at the most hip(sterish) clubs these days.

It also helps that they still make good records either as PSB or Tennant/Lowe.

Firthy2002

#9 Post by Firthy2002 »

Maybe it's the final commitment under the current contract. 3 studio albums (including TMIT) plus associated singles, a greatest hits and a b-sides collection sounds like pretty reasonable terms for a veteran act.
-=Firthy2002=-
------------------
Twitter