PSB promo posters

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Pete13

PSB promo posters

#1 Post by Pete13 »

I recently moved house and now have the opportunity to sift through lots of my old PSB stuff that was in storage. Having been a fan since 1986 I've managed to accumulate quite a few promotional posters over the years these include lots of early ones like Please, Disco and a great silver one from Japan promoting the 1989 tour (see below).

Does anybody know what is considered to be the most collectable / obscure and valuable PSB poster? This is more out of curiosity as I think a Disco poster sold for quite a lot on eBay a few months ago. Before anybody asks, I have no intention to sell mine, in fact I'm in the process of getting some framed!

It would also be great if people could post photos of their rare posters too...

tottenhammattspurs

Re: PSB promo posters

#2 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

As a teenager, unused to badger my local independent record store for their old PSB promo posters. I got massive ones of disco Always on my mind rent heart What have I done to deserve this? and love comes quickly. I also got an actually cardboard cutout. Years later and I have none of these anymore. I do have a giant Drunk poster and two fundamental posters which are all still n their tubes.
is is and isnt isnt

agent doris

#3 Post by agent doris »

I've got the Japanese one framed in my downstairs toilet!

David kirkbride

#4 Post by David kirkbride »

Hi there, have you another one of these posters, or do you no where i could buy one? Cheers dave

rashomon

#5 Post by rashomon »

oh man - love that 'batman' one and even sweeter with it being a Japanese edition! PM me if you're looking for someone to take it off your hands :)

p.s. I'm ignoring the fact you are NOT selling :D
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

PETHEAD72

#6 Post by PETHEAD72 »

agent doris wrote: Thu 12 Sep 2013, 5:44 am I've got the Japanese one framed in my downstairs toilet!
Oh dear agent d...TOILET!!!
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

Nicholas

#7 Post by Nicholas »

I have the limited edition signed Super print framed at home but I can’t imagine it’s worth THAT much. In fact, I imagine at least half of them went to people on this forum.

Pod

#8 Post by Pod »

I have a few - American super litho, GB super litho (number 1) + several other super lithos, it couldn’t happen here (film promo poster - massive and signed by Neil and Chris). I have many more, but never been that fond of singles or albums stuff.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

rashomon

#9 Post by rashomon »

Nicholas wrote: Fri 29 Nov 2019, 5:57 pm I have the limited edition signed Super print framed at home but I can’t imagine it’s worth THAT much. In fact, I imagine at least half of them went to people on this forum.
I have this also.

The one I REALLY want is the shot of the Being Boring video cast ... :roll:
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Dog

#10 Post by Dog »

rashomon wrote:
Nicholas wrote: Fri 29 Nov 2019, 5:57 pm I have the limited edition signed Super print framed at home but I can’t imagine it’s worth THAT much. In fact, I imagine at least half of them went to people on this forum.
I have this also.

The one I REALLY want is the shot of the Being Boring video cast ... :roll:
The one box of stuff I got rid of when I left home had that in it, neatly rolled up. Was only thinking about that today.
Woof.

Marie loves PSB

#11 Post by Marie loves PSB »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:54 pm As a teenager, unused to badger my local independent record store for their old PSB promo posters. I got massive ones of disco Always on my mind rent heart What have I done to deserve this? and love comes quickly. I also got an actually cardboard cutout. Years later and I have none of these anymore. I do have a giant Drunk poster and two fundamental posters which are all still n their tubes.
I did the same with HMV for the Discography album and if I had been any more minutes late collecting it would have been binned. :shock: Sadly, all my posters are long gone. I had that many when I was a kid they were on the ceiling at one point. The Batman and Robin tour poster I had a massive bright green one of those with the U.K Tour dates on it.

I was able to print a few photographs out that were on their official site that I have put in a frame ready when my room finally gets decorated. I have got a 16 or 18" x 20" (I think). Of this photograph (the link) of Neil Tennant that is black and white framed waiting to got on my wall too. https://i.pinimg.com/736x/06/02/a2/0602 ... ennant.jpg

You used to be able to buy a few photographs of PSB's from S&P Parkers Movie Market but, I think they may have gone sadly. :(

Spittingcat

#12 Post by Spittingcat »

rashomon wrote: Fri 29 Nov 2019, 8:36 pm The one I REALLY want is the shot of the Being Boring video cast ...
I had that on my bedroom wall as a teenager. Wish I still had it.

Remark

#13 Post by Remark »

When I moved house in 2017 I sold several massive subway size posters I had collected over the years. I still have some available if any Petheads are interested. The link is here: https://www.remarkcentral.info/posters , and just scroll through the photos of them. I'm still hanging on to a few for myself that aren't hosted on that site. :D

David kirkbride

#14 Post by David kirkbride »

Hi there has anymore got, pet shop boys Japanese mcmlxxxix poster for sale ? Cheers dave

PETHEAD72

#15 Post by PETHEAD72 »

I LOVE collecting posters, :up:
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol: