Kylie - The official kylie thread

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#151 Post by Steve Fett »

Yay !!! the brilliant "Chocolate" has been announced as the 3rd single from BL by her official website Kylie.com !!! This song is so sexy and floats along like velvet to the ears ! 8) :D
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#152 Post by Shopper »

Eldritch wrote:
Steve Fett wrote: You need to re-check the writing credits on her albums then obviously ! I think you'll find she has written quite a few of them at last count !:wink:

Erm....I don't think that any of her albums took a week to record.
Yeah, yeah, and according to the album sleeve, Britney Spears "wrote" 8 tracks out of 12 on her new album.

Nowadays these co-writing credits mean nothing. Even the boy bands are "co-writing" their own songs these days. It's a clever ploy to both give the artist some credibility and his/her share of the writing royalties. The actual songwriters really have no choice: without a name artist to sing it, their song is worth nothing. In reality this song-writing input usually consists of changing one word there, another there – if even that. Are there actually any songs with Minogue as a sole writer?

I'm sure BO, sorry BL, took months to record. But I'm not sure Kylie spent that much doing her part for it.. If she had, it might even have been a better record.
So can we presume that madonna co-writing skills are suspect too ! considering u were not exactly present in the studio when she was writing american tripe ! Atleast IP had songs written solely by Kylie, so she has proved she can write ! ofcourse the population would even call that attempt as trying to a bjork..so poor kylie can never win anytime ! duh..

Very frankly too much is being made about song writing skills, when the obviously attention is given to the music, vocals, video, clothes, branding etc and even someone as talented as madge is still not recognised for her lyrical output than for her biz-sense or the noise she manages to make because of her imagery, snogging misguiding teens(?) or insisting on holding a concert against popular religious sentiments :roll:
Last edited by Shopper on Fri 16 Apr 2004, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#153 Post by Shopper »

Steve Fett wrote:Yay !!! the brilliant "Chocolate" has been announced as the 3rd single from BL by her official website Kylie.com !!! This song is so sexy and floats along like velvet to the ears ! 8) :D
Yes Yes Yes ! unpack the godiva and champangne and luxuriate ! Cheers to ballsy kylie for not releasing a dance track and instead going for her personal fave. Whether its does any kind of CPR for BL's fortunes is debatable, but its gonna sound soo diff from anything on the charts :-)

oh imagine the remixes :D
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
Ray
Posts: 1133
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 6:32 am

#154 Post by Ray »

*sigh* ladies and gentlemen, I announce another boring single for Kylie... it will come on two CDs, CD1 including a sub-standard b-side and CD2 with some fab dub mixes that Parlophone are famous for...
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/raygrantmusic">(I wonder why) My career's in danger?!</a>

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#155 Post by Shopper »

give her one more chance :wink:
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

bookshopboy

#156 Post by bookshopboy »

Not another crap single from Body Language....

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#157 Post by Shopper »

:roll:
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

Eldritch
Posts: 4050
Joined: Wed 10 Dec 2003, 8:24 am

#158 Post by Eldritch »

Shopper wrote:give her one more chance :wink:
No. It's a far too good song for her.
Click click drone

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#159 Post by Shopper »

I dont get it ? too good for her :?
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

Eldritch
Posts: 4050
Joined: Wed 10 Dec 2003, 8:24 am

#160 Post by Eldritch »

Shopper wrote:I dont get it ? too good for her :?
Ever heard of a song, that goes like this...

"The city is quiet, too cold to walk alone
Strangers in overcoats hurry on home
Tonight I've been walking in the rain
Someone's been talking and I've got the blame

Chained, framed, you know what I mean
Push me in a corner and I'll scream
Just give me..." :wink:
Click click drone

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#161 Post by Shopper »

:oops:

anyway u should have written 'the song wont suit kylie, also she has explored a similar theme of confinement and repression in her excellent selfwritten 'too far' from the impossible princess LP, which I just bought yesterday after recommendations from Shopper and Steve' :wink:
[/i]
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#162 Post by Shopper »

Is she on 'Divas 2004' or no ?? how annoying.. :x
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#163 Post by Steve Fett »

Shopper wrote:Is she on 'Divas 2004' or no ?? how annoying.. :x
Still no (thank goodness!) However Parlophone are releasing her "Money Can't Buy" concert on DVD around the end of June with the videos to the 3 singles included !! Yay - another Kylie DVD :P 8) :D
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#164 Post by Shopper »

so now we can zoom in and check the price tag on her heels *apparently it wasnt removed* :oops:

but yes coming to think of it, its already too crowded for her to shine out alone!
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#165 Post by Steve Fett »

ok, here is the official details (and a HUGE hurrah as well hehehe :D ):

Kylie.com can confirm the DVD release of Kylie's triumphant 'Body Language' album launch show which will be hitting stores on 28th June 2004.

The one night spectacular, filmed at London's Hammersmith Apollo on November 15th 2003, showcased tracks from Kylie's 9th studio album 'Body Language', including the No.1 hit 'Slow'.

Kylie also treated fans to a few favourites from her extensive catalogue of hits including 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head', 'Spinning Around' and a sultry new take of 'Breathe', set against the sexy euro classic 'Je T'aime'.

Money could not buy tickets to this one-off event that cost £1m to stage. Tickets were only available to competition winners and specially invited guests, heightening the sense of occasion.

If you were one of the lucky 4,000 people who got to see this show live you can relive the memories of this very special evening. If you weren't at the show then this is your chance to be front row for one of the most intimate and spectacular concerts of Kylie's career.

'Kylie Body Language Live' includes a brand new edit of the show created especially for DVD release and restores songs omitted from the TV transmission to offer the complete 13 -track setlist.

The whole event is presented in 5.1 DTS Surround Sound, 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound and Stereo. Special features include multi-angle screen visuals for 'Slow' and 'Chocolate', a behind -the-scenes documentary, promo videos and a DVD Rom section.

Setlist as follows:

Still Standing
Red Blooded Woman
On A Night Like This
Breathe/Je T'aime
After Dark
Chocolate
Can't Get You Out Of My Head
Slow
Obsession
In Your Eyes
Secret
Spinning Around
Love At First Sight

'Kylie Body Language Live' DVD is released on 28th June 2004.
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

Post Reply