Kylie - The official kylie thread

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Ray
Posts: 1133
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 6:32 am

#166 Post by Ray »

"Setlist as follows:

Still Standing / Red Blooded Woman / On A Night Like This / Breathe/Je T'aime / After Dark / Chocolate / Can't Get You Out Of My Head / Slow / Obsession / In Your Eyes / Secret / Spinning Around / Love At First Sight"

Whoa! She went further than Madonna in the Drowned World tour -- Mads at least did Holiday and La isla Bonita, Kylie almost (the Breathe "medley") totally ignores the fact that she actually had a career before Spinning around. Oh well, I can always watch my Greatest Hits 87 > 97 DVD...
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/raygrantmusic">(I wonder why) My career's in danger?!</a>

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#167 Post by Steve Fett »

Ray wrote:"Setlist as follows:

Still Standing / Red Blooded Woman / On A Night Like This / Breathe/Je T'aime / After Dark / Chocolate / Can't Get You Out Of My Head / Slow / Obsession / In Your Eyes / Secret / Spinning Around / Love At First Sight"

Whoa! She went further than Madonna in the Drowned World tour -- Mads at least did Holiday and La isla Bonita, Kylie almost (the Breathe "medley") totally ignores the fact that she actually had a career before Spinning around. Oh well, I can always watch my Greatest Hits 87 > 97 DVD...
Still anything from "Rhythm of Love" and onwards is still cool. "Kylie" and "Enjoy Yourself"....erm, pass ! hehehe. "Enjoy Yourself" is the only album of hers I wouldn't play on repeated listens :roll:
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#168 Post by Shopper »

but Ray, this was meant to showcase "Body Language" and spruce it up a bit with some of her newer hits...

Her Fever tour was filled with her pre-Parlo hits ! I just love that futuristic-progressive section on the tour (Limbo, LY-I Feel love, I should be so lucky-Dreams) just brilliant !!!!

I dont think Kylie is ever embrassed like others about her back catalog ! how can u just wish away ure past ?! Infact I thought it was very sweet that she ackowledge Pete Waterman in the 'Audience with Kylie', which was similar in concept to the recent 'Money cant buy' gig
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#169 Post by Steve Fett »

same, it was really sweet....she seemed to avoid her past during the "Impossible Princess" era, but has now come full circle to realise that her past is the reason that she is still here and just as successful today !

BTW, what are you guys fave and least fave Kylie album? And top10 Kylie singles ?

Fave album: Fever
Least Fave album: Enjoy Yourself

Top10 singles:

1. What do I have to do?
2. On a night like this
3. CGYOOMH
4. Put yourself in my place
5. Love at first sight
6. Breathe
7. What kind of fool
8. Your disco needs you
9. Chocolate
10. Better the devil you know
Last edited by Steve Fett on Tue 27 Apr 2004, 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#170 Post by Shopper »

Fave: IP & FEVER
LEAST: Lets get to it (cept for the saucy "just give me a little more time")

TOP 10 recordings (no particular order)

-Love at First Sight
-Say Hey
-Better the devil you know
-Confide in Me
-I should be so lucky (Fever tour version)
-GBI
-Cant get Blue Monday of my head
-What do I have to do
-Slow
-Discodown
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

bookshopboy

#171 Post by bookshopboy »

Which "Love at first sight"?

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#172 Post by Steve Fett »

bookshopboy wrote:Which "Love at first sight"?
well, for me it would be the version off "Fever"...not "Kylie" :wink:
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#173 Post by Shopper »

Fever Version - One of the greatest pop songs ever IMO
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

bookshopboy

#174 Post by bookshopboy »

I agree!

User avatar
Ray
Posts: 1133
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 6:32 am

#175 Post by Ray »

Favourite album: Light years (followed by Enjoy yourself)
Least fave: Let's get to it

I luv the first two albums :)

Top 10 Kylie singles:

01 Better the devil you know
02 What do I have to do?
03 Love at first sight (new)
04 Never too late
05 On a night like this
06 Put yourself in my place
07 Some kind of bliss (I love it these days, I hated it passionately when it was released and IP was the first Kylie album ever that I didn't buy for years... now Bowel Leakage is the second)
08 Spinning around
09 Did it again
10 Hand on your heart
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/raygrantmusic">(I wonder why) My career's in danger?!</a>

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#176 Post by Steve Fett »

you love Enjoy Yourself ?!?! wow - each to their own ! 8)
Her first album is a true classic, but in my opinion the 2nd album was rushed, after all the running time is a little over 32 minutes ! :shock:

ok, what are you guys fave 5 Kylie videoclips ?

1.What do I have to do?
2.Put yourself in my place
3.Your disco needs you
4.Love at first sight
5.CGYOOMH
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

bookshopboy

#177 Post by bookshopboy »

I'm not a big fan of her videos - they aren't really anything special in my opinion.

Although, having said that, I do like the "Did it again" video.

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#178 Post by Shopper »

Videos

1. Love at first sight (new)
2. Confide in me
3. Did it again
4. What do I have to do
5. GBI
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#179 Post by Steve Fett »

....AND the video to "Come into my world" was very clever indeed...there's something about multiple Kylie's in her clips that seem to be reoccuring :Your disco needs you, Confide in me, Did it again, Come into my world !

Attack of the Clones indeed :lol:
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
Ray
Posts: 1133
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 6:32 am

#180 Post by Ray »

Videos:

01 Never too late
02 Better the devil you know
03 Put yourself in my place
04 Did it again
05 Some kind of bliss (missing from the bloody DVD! grrr)

and

06 Come into my world (can I marry Michel Gondry?)

BTW, two more plays of Impossible Princess made me think maybe this is my favourite Kylie album...
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/raygrantmusic">(I wonder why) My career's in danger?!</a>

Post Reply