Reissues project

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Bulldog

Re: 2017: "New Batch" of reissued & remastered albums w/ Further Listening albums

#721 Post by Bulldog »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Thu 04 May 2017, 12:13 pm In regard to the "Box Set", i just hope The Vinyl Factory don't get to create it! We'd get royally shafted with that one!

As a side note, i'm glad that i don't have to buy any of the vinyl reissues having bought them at the time, but it's good to see that fans can buy them at a (hopefully) normal price...
A fancy limited edition is possibly the only justification to such a box being released, especially if in ten years or so it'll be made redundant by the planned "everything" set. It's not like we can't go to a DIY store or a carpenter and get ourselves a 11 cd case :mrgreen:

Future Lover

Re: 2017: "New Batch" of reissued & remastered albums w/ Further Listening albums

#722 Post by Future Lover »

I do remember one track I'm sad is not included - the lovely synthy demo of "Indefinite Leave to Remain".

leesmapman

#723 Post by leesmapman »

Seeing the John Peel tracks and some never-heard before demos of new songs gives me hope for the My Dad's A Birdman tracks for Yes - Further Listening.

portlandjulian

#724 Post by portlandjulian »

Of course if they would only annonce something about them on their website about :wall: , then we would all be a lot happier.

Bands and labels annonce things months in advance with track details etc. Its not rocket science is it :D

zukunft

#725 Post by zukunft »

Warner/Parolophone here in Germany has no info from the UK concerning this release. A PR agency is still to be chosen to support the campaign. I think they're not ready to release the CDs/vinyls yet. It may see the light of day in July/August or even in September. That doesn't mean that they have to wait to announce it.

Tom Angel

#726 Post by Tom Angel »

One way street was a demo for Bananarama was it not? I do hope that makes the list.

And I also LOVE the demo of Indefinite Leave to Remain. I'm certain that will make the grade.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

themgnt

#727 Post by themgnt »

The John Peel tracks and Believe/Song for Guy pushes me towards non-believing. Believe/Song for Guy was performed on a tv show and I'm not aware of a studio demo of this. It seems unlikely they'd include a song like this, played live, sourced from a tv live performance for a set like this. Same with the Peel tracks.

canveyboy

#728 Post by canveyboy »

themgnt wrote: Thu 04 May 2017, 7:47 pm The John Peel tracks and Believe/Song for Guy pushes me towards non-believing. Believe/Song for Guy was performed on a tv show and I'm not aware of a studio demo of this. It seems unlikely they'd include a song like this, played live, sourced from a tv live performance for a set like this. Same with the Peel tracks.
The peel tracks were recorded live in a studio with all musicians in attendance from the release tour. Those recordings were then broadcast on air. So it's very easy for those to be released. Same goes for the Elton John song Believe / Song for Guy. They didn't just turn up in a TV studio and play this song for the first time ever. The whole thing was recorded in a studio beforehand and all vocals recorded and the entire track produced by PSB. This would have then been taken to the TV studio and played back without the vocal track so that Neil and Elton could sing live over the backing track - which Chris is obviously miming too. So again, very easy to be made available for release as an original studio produced track - however, it's not their song so I would assume there would be some tricky record label / publishing / copyright issues involved in being able to release such a recording.
Its taken me all of my life to find you

drunk14

#729 Post by drunk14 »

I've just found "Radiophonic" demo in my collection, so it's another ** track - according to Dog's classification.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

daveid

#730 Post by daveid »

Another reason I don't believe this is genuine is the inclusion of Paris City Boy on Nightlife. Vocals for this were recorded in 2003, so hardly in the 1996-2000 period. I think someone's concocted a bogus tracklist and it's somehow filtered through to this Slovenian website.

drunk14

#731 Post by drunk14 »

I hope so, however inclusion of rare tracks which are known only among fans ("Ring Road", "One-Way Street") is worrisome. It must have been some wicked fan who runs this Slovenian e-shop etc.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

BlackPanther

#732 Post by BlackPanther »

drunk14 wrote: Thu 04 May 2017, 9:55 pm It must have been some wicked fan who runs this Slovenian e-shop etc.
Come on. There are catalog numbers / EAN codes on there and it's the official artwork (that hasn't turned up elsewhere until now). This is legit.

Disco.

#733 Post by Disco. »

But some official confirmation would be nice.

BlackPanther

#734 Post by BlackPanther »

Bulldog wrote: Thu 04 May 2017, 12:02 pm The FL 81-83 is such a great idea, although negotiations with both EMI and Bobby O would probably be endless...
The 1982 stuff was recorded before they even met Bobby O. They don't have to negotiate with anyone to release that.

Greendrake

#735 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.