PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Marie loves PSB

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#166 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Paulo wrote: Tue 16 Apr 2019, 10:55 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote: Tue 16 Apr 2019, 1:46 pm Oh, dear stupid DVD player! :grumble: "It cannot support this function" (pressing the play button!). It had a good clean as well. New DVD player time.
If you can afford it you might as well get a blu-ray player, even if it's just to see the boys is high def :lol:
We are looking for a new one lol.... :up: The DVD player we have at the moment is as helpful as a chocolate tea pot. It is taking too much effort to get the thing to actually play. :?

Danimal

#167 Post by Danimal »

Anyone else disappointed with this cheap sleeve? It's quite impossible to remove the discs without damaging the sleeve and/or discs. Whatever happened to proper plastic cases???

York Minster

#168 Post by York Minster »

Anyone know what the mix is of Pop Kids going over the credits at the end? It's got a nice feel to it.
And tryin' to figure out what happened to 'Germaine Propaine'
"He couldn't have fell off that hard" Ain't no way
"What happened to the way you was rappin' when you was scandalous
That Canibus turned into a television evangelist"
Plus he raps with his regular voice [BOOSH! BOOSH!]
[BOOSH! BOOSH!] (What was that?) Pet Shop Boys

michael888

#169 Post by michael888 »

York Minster wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019, 7:17 am Anyone know what the mix is of Pop Kids going over the credits at the end? It's got a nice feel to it.
PSB Deep Dub
A small voice of calm and reason.

Disco.

#170 Post by Disco. »

No, its from the Offer Nissim remix.

They really like that mix.

misterme

#171 Post by misterme »

Danimal wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019, 11:45 am Anyone else disappointed with this cheap sleeve? It's quite impossible to remove the discs without damaging the sleeve and/or discs. Whatever happened to proper plastic cases???
Oh yes! I am quite disappointed with the sleeve too. As I already had problems scratching discs in the past with such cardboard sleeves (Depeche Mode Spirit for instance), I removed the discs from this "Inner Sanctum" set never to put them back in it again. I will store the discs separately in safe plastic cases.I guess the best way to avoid scratching the discs and put them back again in the sleeve would be to put a piece of felt under the discs but the cardboard is so tight that I doubt there is room for this to fit.

NikacP0kac

#172 Post by NikacP0kac »

Disco. wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:12 pm No, its from the Offer Nissim remix.

They really like that mix.
PSB Deep Dub actually plays over the finishing credits, the Offer Nissim remix is used as the end of the actual show (The Pop Kids [Reprise] in the tracklisting). :shhh:
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Disco.

#173 Post by Disco. »

Ok, have only listened to the Spotify recording, haven’t received the Blu-ray yet. Assumed it was the same as the audio recording.

alig

#174 Post by alig »

misterme wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019, 7:52 pm
Danimal wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019, 11:45 am Anyone else disappointed with this cheap sleeve? It's quite impossible to remove the discs without damaging the sleeve and/or discs. Whatever happened to proper plastic cases???
Oh yes! I am quite disappointed with the sleeve too. As I already had problems scratching discs in the past with such cardboard sleeves (Depeche Mode Spirit for instance), I removed the discs from this "Inner Sanctum" set never to put them back in it again. I will store the discs separately in safe plastic cases.I guess the best way to avoid scratching the discs and put them back again in the sleeve would be to put a piece of felt under the discs but the cardboard is so tight that I doubt there is room for this to fit.
Blurays are scratch-proof fortunately.
"John 3:16."

York Minster

#175 Post by York Minster »

alig wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019, 8:53 am Blurays are scratch-proof fortunately.
Scratch-resistant, yes. Scratch-proof, no.

billiejo

#176 Post by billiejo »

misterme wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019, 7:52 pm
Its easier to get the discs out of the sleeve by folding back the concertina and then your hand and arm are out of the way if this makes sense. I have managed not to damage the sleeve at all but would rather not have to put my fingers firmly on to the disc to pull it out. However great to have the discs - very happy :D

billiejo

#177 Post by billiejo »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019, 8:37 am
Paulo wrote: Tue 16 Apr 2019, 10:55 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote: Tue 16 Apr 2019, 1:46 pm Oh, dear stupid DVD player! :grumble: "It cannot support this function" (pressing the play button!). It had a good clean as well. New DVD player time.
If you can afford it you might as well get a blu-ray player, even if it's just to see the boys is high def :lol:
We are looking for a new one lol.... :up: The DVD player we have at the moment is as helpful as a chocolate tea pot. It is taking too much effort to get the thing to actually play. :?
I also have no blu-ray at present because the DVD is working perfectly adequately but nice to know I have a blu-ray disc if I were to move on. As far as I am concerned the DVD is very good vision and sound (have good speakers) and am very thrilled to have this package. Such a shame that the previous concert was not filmed. Although I have seen this live show twice, I get a lot of pleasure watching it again at home without people dancing and singing around me - will no doubt watch it numerous times as I have done with all the previous ones. What a nice extra surprise to have Rio which is getting at viewing tonight - very pleased to have this :wink:

alig

#178 Post by alig »

York Minster wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019, 9:22 am
Nerd.
"John 3:16."

York Minster

#179 Post by York Minster »

alig wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019, 11:06 pm
York Minster wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019, 9:22 am
Nerd.
Sorry, had to correct your fake news.

agent doris

#180 Post by agent doris »

First time I’ve managed to watch it, have to say it’s filmed beautifully, capturing the atmosphere perfectly. I seem to have spent a lot of the evening with my hands aloft! Positioning a camera behind someone of 6’5, poor planning!!! Although I must say, my clapping is quite in time!!