Your favourite Hotspot Instrumental?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Which Hotspot instrumental (2nd disc) is your favourite?

Will-O-the-Wisp
34%
You Are The One
2%
Happy People
11%
Dreamland
5%
Hoping For A Miracle
18%
I Don't Wanna
2%
Monkey Business
9%
Only The Dark
9%
Burning The Heather
2%
Wedding in Berlin
7%

Total votes: 44

jules

Re: Your favourite Hotspot Instrumental?

#16 Post by jules »

Will-o the wisp and hoping for a miracle instrumentals are epic. I like Only the dark as well, it will help me appreciate more the song. Neil's voice is strong on hotspot.

Pod

#17 Post by Pod »

Love the will o the wisp instrumental, but a shout has to go to wedding in berlin instrumental without those cringing lyrics.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

jamie1978

#18 Post by jamie1978 »

Is there anywhere legal to listen to the instrumentals without using an actual CD player?

Tenlow

#19 Post by Tenlow »

I love the instrumentals of Hoping for a miracle, Only the dark and Burning the Heather. Besides, I like the instrumentals of Will-o-the-wisp and especially Wedding in Berlin more than the normal versions of the songs.
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

Greendrake

#20 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boyjohn

#21 Post by boyjohn »

95% (probably more) of songs are written from a straight point of view. I can't imagine as a gay person not being able to relate to them because of that. Why would the other way around be different for someone?
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

Disco.

#22 Post by Disco. »

Nicholas wrote: Sun 26 Jan 2020, 10:02 am
Greendrake wrote: Sun 26 Jan 2020, 9:28 am Will-o-the-wisp indeed because it's a great track but the lyrics are not appealing to a 100% straight person. I in fact have replaced Will-o-the-wisp, Dreamland and Wedding in Berlin with their instrumentals in my Hotspot playlist.
:roll:
Yes, a bit homophobic,and I’m straight.

amandine insensible

#23 Post by amandine insensible »

Greendrake wrote: Sun 26 Jan 2020, 9:28 am Will-o-the-wisp indeed because it's a great track but the lyrics are not appealing to a 100% straight person. I in fact have replaced Will-o-the-wisp, Dreamland and Wedding in Berlin with their instrumentals in my Hotspot playlist.
I skip It's a Sin cause I didn't grow up Catholic. and The Theatre cause I'm not homeless. and The Dictator Decides cause I'm not a dictator :roll:

Patrick Bateman

#24 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Why Dreamland? Is it because there are two gay singers? The lyrics don’t seem particularly offensive to homophobes.

Out of interest, which other PSB tracks have you censored in the past? How have you done it when there were no instrumentals?

I imagine that you also have issues with the Introspective cover. Perhaps you could replace that with a massive pair of bosoms - there’s probably a suitable Motley Crue sleeve you could use.

Disco.

#25 Post by Disco. »

amandine insensible wrote: Sun 26 Jan 2020, 5:17 pm
I skip It's a Sin cause I didn't grow up Catholic. and The Theatre cause I'm not homeless. and The Dictator Decides cause I'm not a dictator :roll:

Disco.

#26 Post by Disco. »

😊

CroMagnon

#27 Post by CroMagnon »

Disco. wrote: Sun 26 Jan 2020, 7:23 pm [quote="amandine insensible" post_id=588737 time=<a href="tel:1580059020">1580059020</a> user_id=6604]
[quote=Greendrake post_id=588633 time=<a href="tel:1580030924">1580030924</a> user_id=52]
Will-o-the-wisp indeed because it's a great track but the lyrics are not appealing to a 100% straight person. I in fact have replaced Will-o-the-wisp, Dreamland and Wedding in Berlin with their instrumentals in my Hotspot playlist.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Disco. wrote: Sun 26 Jan 2020, 7:23 pm
... and Fugitive because you’re not a terrorist and The Resurrectionist because you’re not a 19th century grave robber? Me too.
Love comes quickly, but is a catastrophe and a bourgeois construct etc.

Roundhead General

#28 Post by Roundhead General »

CroMagnon wrote:
Disco. wrote: Sun 26 Jan 2020, 7:23 pm [quote="amandine insensible" post_id=588737 time=<a href="tel:1580059020">1580059020</a> user_id=6604]
[quote=Greendrake post_id=588633 time=<a href="tel:1580030924">1580030924</a> user_id=52]
Will-o-the-wisp indeed because it's a great track but the lyrics are not appealing to a 100% straight person. I in fact have replaced Will-o-the-wisp, Dreamland and Wedding in Berlin with their instrumentals in my Hotspot playlist.
[/quote]
Disco. wrote: Sun 26 Jan 2020, 7:23 pm
... and Fugitive because you’re not a terrorist and The Resurrectionist because you’re not a 19th century grave robber? Me too.[/quote]
I boycotted Introspective because of the the track I want a dog, with me being a cat lover! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For in a secret life I was a roundhead general

leesmapman

#29 Post by leesmapman »

To be honest, the only song that could apply to me in the PSB canon is I don't wanna.

Sent from my SM-J410F using Tapatalk

retrofuturist

#30 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I can't vote in this yet, as I'm still waiting for my CD to make the intrepid journey from Digital Stores to Melbourne, Australia.

That said, it is disappointing to see someone's personal preferences derided as homophobia. No one is entitled to force everyone else to like all possible combinations of everything... this isn't an Erasure forum. As such, a bit of respect for autonomy would be nice.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)