Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Yes, it's a risk for everybody. Let's wait a few months
62%
No, I don't think it's necessary
38%

Total votes: 89

Nickname

#1 Post by Nickname »

I think it's going to be a reasonable debate about that.

Future Lover

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#2 Post by Future Lover »

I think this will happen on a case-to-case basis. Of course, it might die down by then, but then again...

Parkol

#3 Post by Parkol »

I think everyone must be very careful. Look at Italy,few days and 2 000 infected, 79 dead.
I won't be travelling this year, because it's very dangerous, I bought 20 masks and I was lucky to buy them, because they are sold out. So concerts, shows, matches... All must be canceled. It spreads so fast.

Pod

#4 Post by Pod »

Parkol wrote: Thu 05 Mar 2020, 9:39 pm I think everyone must be very careful. Look at Italy,few days and 2 000 infected, 79 dead.
I won't be travelling this year, because it's very dangerous, I bought 20 masks and I was lucky to buy them, because they are sold out. So concerts, shows, matches... All must be canceled. It spreads so fast.
Waste of time buying masks - in fact it may increase your risk - google it.
In answer to the question, I’m all for banning anything if it saves lives. I’m due to do the London marathon this year, but I doubt it’ll happen. I’m not bothered if it means people survive who may have died.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

andrewthomas100

#5 Post by andrewthomas100 »

Waste of time buying masks - in fact it may increase your risk - google it.

Yeah, I read an article that said it’s a waste of time wearing a mask because they’re ineffective. And then went on to say that you shouldn’t stockpile masks because it will stop the essential medical people from wearing them. The logic is not entirely convincing.

So I’ve got my mask sorted: a scarf with loo paper inside. It’s bound to help, and looks like you have toothache.

ZiggyPSB

#6 Post by ZiggyPSB »

I thought that masks were to stop you from touching your face, not to stop you from breathing in the virus. Most people including myself would touch my face often. It’s a habit, like rubbing an itchy nose.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Patrick Bateman

#7 Post by Patrick Bateman »

I'd just bought tickets for an Altern 8 gig too. Double whammy.

alig

#8 Post by alig »

Parkol wrote: Thu 05 Mar 2020, 9:39 pm I think everyone must be very careful. Look at Italy,few days and 2 000 infected, 79 dead.
And how many thought they had just a mild cold and got over it before they started testing people? This virus is here to stay. Or do you think cancelling life is gonna solve anything? Are we supposed to stop living for the rest of our lives? No matter what measures people take, no virus ever disappears. So stop fomenting this whole panic crap. Also, a face mask needs to be replaced several times a day. Good luck with that.
"John 3:16."

retrofuturist

#9 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Future Lover wrote: Thu 05 Mar 2020, 9:33 pm I think this will happen on a case-to-case basis. Of course, it might die down by then, but then again...
Yes, this is the obvious "third option". Avoid any hotspots 8) and travel only to areas with low rates.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

retrofuturist

#10 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Patrick Bateman wrote: Thu 05 Mar 2020, 11:09 pm I'd just bought tickets for an Altern 8 gig too. Double whammy.
Yep, it's full on mask hysteria.

"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

MikeyC

#11 Post by MikeyC »

retrofuturist wrote: Fri 06 Mar 2020, 12:29 am Greetings,
Future Lover wrote: Thu 05 Mar 2020, 9:33 pm I think this will happen on a case-to-case basis. Of course, it might die down by then, but then again...
Yes, this is the obvious "third option". Avoid any hotspots 8) and travel only to areas with low rates.

As opposed to the hard or soft option x

😎

tottenhammattspurs

#12 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Thu 05 Mar 2020, 11:09 pm I'd just bought tickets for an Altern 8 gig too. Double whammy.
E Vapor8 !!!!
is is and isnt isnt

jules

#13 Post by jules »

Masks are useless, unless you're ill, in this case see a doctor or stay home.

Disco.

#14 Post by Disco. »

Mass hysteria ! People treat it like it’s the Black Death 🙄

Young Offender

#15 Post by Young Offender »

Ultra Miami was just cancelled yesterday that was scheduled for the 20th of march i think, Tomorrowland Winter was also cancelled as well as a few others.

There is a good article in Billboard regarding the possibility of many festivals being cancelled including Coachella, the Billboard article talks about clauses in the contracts that promoters do not have to pay the artist if its an Act of God and how some artist demand to be paid regardless because they take out insurance for cancellations but supposedly acts of god are not covered.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/busi ... l-analysis

And one from Rolling Stone:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/musicnew ... r-BB10K9l8

I got a box of masks just to have in case things get worse, but mask, hand sanitizer are hard to find, I was at Costco earlier today and water bottles, toilet paper and paper towels are out and when they restock overnight they are sold out within an hour when they open.