Kylie - The official kylie thread

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Post Reply
Message
Author
Desire

#241 Post by Desire »

Shopper wrote:You forgot Mama Kylie, it will be Geriatric Madonna who will be grandma first :shock:
No, I didn't mean it this way. I mean she is ageing soon.

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#242 Post by Shopper »

time and wrinkles doesnt wait for anyone :cry:
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#243 Post by Steve Fett »

still, she looks after herself and is a happy advocate for Botox !! Artists like herself and Madonna look AMAZING for their ages !

Hey Shopper, there are some screen grabs from the Rove interview and the Chocolate video over at the SayHey forum... :wink:
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#244 Post by Shopper »

Cant access sayhey/limbo from work, will go home and browse on dial up :roll:
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

Desire

#245 Post by Desire »

Any songs better than Slow, Chocolate, Secret (Take You Home) and Red Blooded Woman from Body Language? I've listened to those and didn't like any. Any recommendations for download?

I've been a Kylie fan all my life, but 'Body language' is the first Kylie album I didn't get because of the tracks I heard. :?

User avatar
Ray
Posts: 1133
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 6:32 am

#246 Post by Ray »

Desire wrote:Any songs better than Slow, Chocolate, Secret (Take You Home) and Red Blooded Woman from Body Language? I've listened to those and didn't like any. Any recommendations for download?
I can't think of any... maybe Still Standing.

I played the album again yesterday, actually -- and I wasn't aware of it playing till it ended. Sadly, it really IS crap.
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/raygrantmusic">(I wonder why) My career's in danger?!</a>

Desire

#247 Post by Desire »

And this coming from a fan bigger than I.


:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#248 Post by Shopper »

I guess we are all used to immediately catchy pop gems from her prev albums, which BL sadly lacked.

not that I am comparing with PSB, but when behaviour came out, ppl were kinda underwhelmed that except for So Hard, most songs were midtempo, the boys themselves acknowledged this and came back with a hyper pop Very. Now ofcourse Behaviour ranks as their greatest moment.
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

Desire

#249 Post by Desire »

yes, but there's a difference between midtempo and bland & uninspired.

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#250 Post by Shopper »

:snooty: so what is kylie's most inspired album
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

Desire

#251 Post by Desire »

For some reason, I like KM '94. It's sophisticated and catchy, though it has its weak moments.

Impossible Princess is good, but too pretentious IMO.

I also like Let's Get To It and Rhythm of Love. They contain some good pop songs there. It's good pop.

Much better than the disco fluff of Light Years and Fever.


Kylie was never an 'albums artist' though.

User avatar
Vicki
Posts: 765
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:39 pm
Contact:

#252 Post by Vicki »

I loved her Impossible Princess and "Dreams" particularly, then KM'94. Like a few songs from Fever and LY.But BL is absolutely crap, don't like her first albums except a few songs but BL is the crappiest album she ever has released.

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#253 Post by Steve Fett »

Really only 2 tracks I don't like on Body Language (I Feel For You and slo motion). Some other brilliant track on that album is "Loving Days" and "Promises" and a great b-side is "Cruise Control"...

Her most inspired album would be either KM94 or Impossible Princess. My fave though is Fever - a ral classic album. Every track a winner !!

i disagree that she isn't an "albums artist". All of her albums have been great success' and are full of great tracks. Still I suppose that depends on how much of a fan you are. Probably the only album that has "fillers" in my opinion is Rhythm Of Love (apart from the 4 brilliant singles - and her bestest track ever "What Do I Have To Do?")
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#254 Post by Shopper »

Speaking of ROL, I was just checking something up amazon and apprently she has cowritten a few songs on it ! a fact I was completely
ignorant about..

Is there a list of all her songs she has written/co-written someplace ?
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#255 Post by Shopper »

Most Active Topics

Rank Replies Topic
1 2788 The ten songs game
2 840 REVEALED: What really happened on Queens Day in NL last week
3 824 The "last word" song game
4 476 Worst songs ever recorded !
5 253 Kylie - The official kylie thread :D :clap:
6 236 April listening thread
7 212 How is the weather with you?
8 211 March listening thread
9 184 Neil and Brett Andersen
10 172 Re: StevePSB's post- 20/01/04
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

Post Reply